McKeon

red4life

I'm not condoning these comments at all but...

C'mon, when you were 21-22 years old, and at a local establisment enjoying a beverage or two, and for the past month, EVERYONE in an entire state has been riding your @$$ and criticizing every move you made, don't you think you might let something slip like this?

I think we all too often forget that these are still kids who deal with a lot more pressure than they probably should be for simply playing a game.

When you talk sh&t you are going to receive sh&t if you don't perform. I don't really know what stress they are under...they get a free education, get to pick their classes ahead of everyone else, get free tutor's that the general student population doesn't receive, receive a nice stipend from their scholarship. I mean heck the only work they have to do is study, work-out, go to practice, and eat. Otherwise everything else is handed to them. So I refuse to feel sorry for a player like Corey. Anyone else that wants to carry on like Corey I fell the same way about. :rant Otherwise the rest of the players are earning their schollies. Giving 100% effort of themselves despite having crap coaches. :)

What College Football players drink and pick fights? :madash Are you kidding me I thought they all just went to class/practice during the week and then they play the game and go to church. I can't believe that they would be out drinking like that.

You would have never caught any of the guys from the 94-97 teams out at the bars during the season. Those guys never got into fights and were all so kind to everyone that would talk to them. :wacko:

This drinking and fighting must be something that Callahan brought with him from the NFL. :moreinteresting:nanalama

Okay: I thought great talent + poor coaching = bad results?

And Pete Carroll had a 33-31 record in the NFL, after following Bill Parcells and inheriting the Super Bowl team he had built up. He was also fired. So you could say, he has a history of not getting the job done either.

Dude, are you seriously comparing Pete Carroll to Bill Callahan? Bill Callahan has ruined every single program he's ever been HC at, Pete Carroll has 2 national championships under his belt & led USC to three straight title game appearances. BTW, 33-31 is ALOT better than 4-12.

If he wanted to start a fight with me, all I'd have to do is grab a football and run right at him.

I belong to probably about ten forums of various types, comic relief is probably the part that I enjoy most and this line may be the funniest I have had the pleasure to read.

Very, very good. Sometimes I wonder if my wife thinks that I hear voices, I'm sitting at the computer and burst into laughter for no apparent reason. :LOLtartar

yeah that was pure gold.

That should be post of the day tomm. :)

And Pete Carroll had a 33-31 record in the NFL, after following Bill Parcells and inheriting the Super Bowl team he had built up. He was also fired. So you could say, he has a history of not getting the job done either.

Dude, are you seriously comparing Pete Carroll to Bill Callahan? Bill Callahan has ruined every single program he's ever been HC at, Pete Carroll has 2 national championships under his belt & led USC to three straight title game appearances. BTW, 33-31 is ALOT better than 4-12.

No, I'm pointing out why some arguments putting down BC are just terrible. FWIW, PC had a 6-10 record his first year coaching, and was fired from that job as well. BC's overall record is 17-18; both coaches were close to .500 in their pro years.

Then when PC got hired, he wasn't USC's first choice either. They went searching for other guys first, and a lot of people weren't thrilled with his hiring. So yeah, Callahan wasn't wholly spectacular in the pros, and he also wasn't the first guy the Huskers went after. So? Yeah, there are other problems, but these arguments in particular are IMO, without merit.

By the way, Callahan has held HC at two different places. And he's not the one who can take sole responsibility for the way our team has fallen to pieces so far this year.

what I thought was ridiculous was Andre Jones jumping up and chest bumping Murillo after he tackled a receiver for a 7 yard gain to make it 3rd and 2. Mike Minter probably spit his drink out from laughter when he saw that.

I saw that too...

But, the way they've been playing I don't blame them for celebrating after somebody actually made a tackle.

No, I'm pointing out why some arguments putting down BC are just terrible. FWIW, PC had a 6-10 record his first year coaching, and was fired from that job as well. BC's overall record is 17-18; both coaches were close to .500 in their pro years.

Then when PC got hired, he wasn't USC's first choice either. They went searching for other guys first, and a lot of people weren't thrilled with his hiring. So yeah, Callahan wasn't wholly spectacular in the pros, and he also wasn't the first guy the Huskers went after. So? Yeah, there are other problems, but these arguments in particular are IMO, without merit.

By the way, Callahan has held HC at two different places. And he's not the one who can take sole responsibility for the way our team has fallen to pieces so far this year.

Well all I know is that every team he has ever been head coach for has fallen apart. Coincidence?

What College Football players drink and pick fights? :madash Are you kidding me I thought they all just went to class/practice during the week and then they play the game and go to church. I can't believe that they would be out drinking like that.

You would have never caught any of the guys from the 94-97 teams out at the bars during the season. Those guys never got into fights and were all so kind to everyone that would talk to them. :wacko:

This drinking and fighting must be something that Callahan brought with him from the NFL. :moreinteresting:nanalama

I don't think fighting is what everyone's worked up about. You'd never find anyone from those teams saying, "F*** Tom Osborne."

has anyone partied in lincoln on Sundays or even after the game........well I went up there with a friend and low and behold who is in there drinking and talking mad sh#t.......Corey and Sam ...a big change from "I take the blame" and the "WE JUST HAVE TO WORK HARDER" ....it was basically f#*k nebraska....f#*k TO...etc. almost got into a fight......but age and common sense prevailed.......this team is truly dead.