Poll of the Week

Apathy

Whats the best fit?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cowboy Joe Glenn is the real deal folks. We want a coach who wants to coach at Nebraska and has a passion for it. Joe Glenn is that guy. He doesn't get the press because he's coaching at Wyoming.

He won two DII National Championship at Northern Colorado and no one has done more with less talent at Wyoming than he has. He's a defensive-minded coach, a Nebraksa native, and has a stipulation in his contract that if Nebraska comes calling, Wyoming has to let him go.

More importantly, he's not a system coach. He does whatever he has to do with the players he has to win the game. Pelini has never been a head coach. Joe Glenn took lowly Wyoming to a Las Vegas Bowl win against UCLA a couple years ago, when no one gave them a chance.

We need a coach with heart and there isn't a bigger heart in college football than Joe Glenn.

Cowboy Joe Glenn is the real deal folks. We want a coach who wants to coach at Nebraska and has a passion for it. Joe Glenn is that guy. He doesn't get the press because he's coaching at Wyoming.

He won two DII National Championship at Northern Colorado and no one has done more with less talent at Wyoming than he has. He's a defensive-minded coach, a Nebraksa native, and has a stipulation in his contract that if Nebraska comes calling, Wyoming has to let him go.

More importantly, he's not a system coach. He does whatever he has to do with the players he has to win the game. Pelini has never been a head coach. Joe Glenn took lowly Wyoming to a Las Vegas Bowl win against UCLA a couple years ago, when no one gave them a chance.

We need a coach with heart and there isn't a bigger heart in college football than Joe Glenn.

That is actually convincing... how do you know what is in his contract?!?!

Paul Johnson's Bio...

Coaching

Johnson formerly served as the head coach at Georgia Southern University. During his time at Georgia Southern, the Eagles captured the NCAA Division I-AA national football championships in 1999 and 2000. He is also one of only four coaches to ever record 50 wins in their first four seasons as head coach at the Division I level.[1]

In 2002, Johnson departed Georgia Southern for Navy. Johnson's initial season saw the Midshipmen win only two of twelve contests, although the season ended on a high note with his first victory over Army. Subsequently, Johnson's teams have enjoyed a high degree of success. The 2003 team completed the regular season with an 8-4 mark, including wins over both Air Force and Army, and earned a berth in the EV1.net Houston Bowl, Navy's first bowl game since 1996. The Midshipmen faced a tough opponent and lost to the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 38-14. In 2004, Johnson's team posted Navy's best start in over 30 years, finishing the regular season 9-2 and once again earning a bowl berth, this time in the Emerald Bowl. Johnson coached the Mids to a win over New Mexico 34-19, the fifth bowl win in the school's history. That gave Navy 10 wins on the season, tying the record for wins at Navy, which had stood since 1905. Coincidentally, this was the season that Johnson won the NCAA Coach of the Year honors. The 2005 squad recorded a final mark of 8-4, which was highlighted by victories over Army, Air Force, and Colorado State in the inaugural Poinsettia Bowl.

Coach Johnson has dominated the Commander in Chief's Trophy competition, going 9-1 (.900) in his five years, with the only loss against another service academy coming at the hands of Air Force in his first season. He is only the second coach in Navy's history to go 5-0 in his first five seasons against Army, joining Wayne Hardin, and his 2006/2007 senior class was the first in Navy history to win the Commander in Chief's Trophy for all four years.

Much of Johnson's success has been predicated on his triple option flexbone offense, a run oriented attack that has led NCAA DI-A football in rushing yards three of the last four years. Some have criticized the triple option as an antiquated, unbalanced system unfit for major college football, which may explain some BCS teams' reluctance to offer him a position despite his accomplishments at both Georgia Southern and Navy. Johnson has rebutted this argument in numerous press conferences and interviews, asserting that several top teams, including 2005-2006 national champion Texas and 2006-2007 national champion Florida, utilize various forms of the option. He has repeatedly stated that the superior athletes in power conferences could help the triple option flourish.

However Johnson has also stated that if he had a good throwing quarterback he would utilize the pass more often.

Yearly Results

School Year W L T Pct. Notes

Georgia Southern 1997 10 3 0 .769 Southern Conference Champions

Georgia Southern 1998 14 1 0 .933 Southern Conference Champions

Georgia Southern 1999 13 2 0 .867 I-AA National Champion

Southern Conference Champions

Georgia Southern 2000 13 2 0 .867 I-AA National Champion

Southern Conference Champions

Georgia Southern 2001 12 2 0 .857 Southern Conference Champions

Navy 2002 2 10 0 .167

Navy 2003 8 5 0 .615 EV1.net Houston Bowl, L 38-14

Navy 2004 10 2 0 .833 Emerald Bowl, W 34-19

Navy 2005 8 4 0 .667 Poinsettia Bowl, W 51-30

Navy 2006 9 4 0 692 Meineke Car Care Bowl, L 25-24

Total 9 99 35 0 .738

Iam just not sold on him. Maybe not anymore on Pelini either. Any body have anyone else besides Glenn?

I know this sounds like the usual BS that people post on here, but my sister's fiance is a 3rd string LB for Wyoming (Jake Edmunds). Not only does Jake love playing for Joe, but the players and fans at Wyoming know about the clause in his contract and are very concerned. Here's Joe's bio. You'll notice his hometown is some place familiar to all Husker fans:

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-...lenn_joe00.html

I also neglected to mention that Joe won a D-IAA National Championship at Montana after he left Northern Colorado.

You might not give Joe his due, but I can tell you that Dr. Tom will give him a good look.

Anyone who is seriously suggesting that we would get Urban Meyer needs to put a unicorn on their signature, so we know you live in fantasy land.

Isn't Joe Glenn 60 or just about? If so no then I say pass. Nothing against Old Folks just don't want to start over with a guy that is that old.

To each their own. He is a fine coach though.

Also I know Paul Johnson has won his share of games at Navy but name one good team he has beat. I'm asking for help on this because I'm drawing a blank.