And now the recruits are dropping

There is so much depth here, just sitting on the pine that were once highly recruited, will now get a chance to participate and actually play. Who would of thought that? So if we take a hit, lose some recruits, it will only be this one class. So relax, and do not worry. The new sheriff that comes in town will get active and get the recruits in the following year.. and the the year after that, and so on.

Cally did not invent recruiting top ten classes. He only invented ways to not play them.

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much depth here, just sitting on the pine that were once highly recruited, will now get a chance to participate and actually play. Who would of thought that? So if we take a hit, lose some recruits, it will only be this one class. So relax, and do not worry. The new sheriff that comes in town will get active and get the recruits in the following year.. and the the year after that, and so on.

Cally did not invent recruiting top ten classes. He only invented ways to not play them.

:yeah

and how not to win with them

I don't know how good he was, but it's not a good sign that Jonas Gray decommitted from Nebraska and verbally committed to Notre Dame. Was he really that serious about Nebraska or are we looking that bad now.

How many other potential recruits can we expect to lose before the end of the season (when we get a new coach)?

hate to say it but we will lose most of the out-of-state recruits. Get ready for another 4-5 rebuilding years.

"More" rebuilding years? What has been rebuilt? I don't believe in rebuilding years-- I believe in coaches who can work with what they have or those who can squander talent. No matter what, these are division I athletes.

I don't know how good he was, but it's not a good sign that Jonas Gray decommitted from Nebraska and verbally committed to Notre Dame. Was he really that serious about Nebraska or are we looking that bad now.

How many other potential recruits can we expect to lose before the end of the season (when we get a new coach)?

Gray is quoted on Rivals as saying ND was really always his #1 choice. If that's the case He probably would have decomitted anyway. looks like Cally never really had him.

It might depend a lot on what he wants for his future, too. If I was picking between two currently weak programs and one would also give me a scholarship to Notre Dame... yeah, I wouldn't have to think about it very hard.