And now the recruits are dropping

I don't know how good he was, but it's not a good sign that Jonas Gray decommitted from Nebraska and verbally committed to Notre Dame. Was he really that serious about Nebraska or are we looking that bad now.

How many other potential recruits can we expect to lose before the end of the season (when we get a new coach)?

hate to say it but we will lose most of the out-of-state recruits. Get ready for another 4-5 rebuilding years.

I would imagine we'll loose a lot of out-of-state recruits but really it depends on who we bring in as a head coach and how they go about recruiting, if they are able to bring them back. Also we have quite a bit of talent on this team already even if they come in a pull a 180 on the program and go back to a power running + option system we could still pull it off with the set of running backs we have and Lee at QB. Though I don't think they will bring back the old system, just saying the talent is there no matter what the new Head Coach decides to do.

At the risk of sounding overly optimistic, I'm willing to put up with the rebuilding years because TO is here for that purpose and I trust the decisions he will make. I may not agree with everything he does, but he's making decisions with information I'll never have. We will have a better coaching staff next season and we will begin rebuilding the program.

I truly believe these past four years will be forever regarded as "the dark years" of Husker football. Everything that follows will be better, but it won't be overnight. But I'm afraid that now TO is back (for a while anyway) that people will think that a turnaround is imminent. It is not, but it's coming.

I'm not feeling so optimistic and I'm concerned we're going to get into a period of new coaches every 4 to 6 years. I don't think these recruits can be blamed with all the uncertainty surrounding the program at this time. Not knowing what's going to happen is a killer.

Look at how long Alabama has been trying to return to the greatness of the Bear! They sure have been trying hard, and they *might be close with Saban. But....it's been a long time, and we might be in for the same thing. In fact, we probably are.

I don't know how good he was, but it's not a good sign that Jonas Gray decommitted from Nebraska and verbally committed to Notre Dame. Was he really that serious about Nebraska or are we looking that bad now.

How many other potential recruits can we expect to lose before the end of the season (when we get a new coach)?

Gray is quoted on Rivals as saying ND was really always his #1 choice. If that's the case He probably would have decomitted anyway. looks like Cally never really had him.

Gray is quoted on Rivals as saying ND was really always his #1 choice. If that's the case He probably would have decomitted anyway. looks like Cally never really had him.

I think he's spinning it... word was awhile ago that he was so high on coming to NU that he was lobbying hard to get one of his HS teammates to commit here, too.

Regardless... Rivals #4 RB in the country. As if Notre Dame's draft class wasn't stacked enough already.

Btw, Rivals had Lucky as the #2 RB in his class, in case anyone's interested.

It's too bad about Gray, but if he had come and history held true, he would have been pretty average here under the current regime. There are a lot of players on this current team that were very highly rated and touted as difference makers. Not too many of them have become what we had hoped.

It all comes down to coaching and being coached. TO was known for developing players over their career. Not very often did he have top rated recruiting classes, but each and every year there would be 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors making an impact. I recall hearing names on the radio and saying to my brothers, "who was that?" I just don't think today's players are being "coached up" and developed.

Granted, today's game is different. It is all about "What can you do for me now?". Players leaving early for the draft etc., all of the top teams have a few true frosh and RF contibuting, and we have a few also. But the top teams also have upper classmen who are leaders and role players. That is what we are missing.

When (please let it be when and not if) our new coach comes in, the cupboards will not be bare. There is tons of talent on this team. They will need to be someone who can light a fire under everyones behind. I hope it is Bo, but will support whomever it is. I would be willing to bet that one of the first things they do is try and figure out who the leaders are. Leaders are not developed through words, but rather through actions. I would be willing to bet the new leaders will be Nebraska men who know what it means to be a Cornhusker!!!

Where is Brandon Rigoni when you need him.

First off, adding good wood to this ship is just going to get you good wood sitting on the ocean floor. And having a drop off for one class will not end up as a 4-5 year rebuilding effort. We cant keep this inept staff in order to get some recruits that may or may not be good.

:yeah

Exactly.

What have we accomplished with all of these great recruits that last 3 1/2 years anyway????????

I can't blame them for decommiting and I don't hold anything against them they have to look out for their best interests and so do we.

First off, adding good wood to this ship is just going to get you good wood sitting on the ocean floor. And having a drop off for one class will not end up as a 4-5 year rebuilding effort. We cant keep this inept staff in order to get some recruits that may or may not be good.

Yup. Just keep telling yourself that in the years to come.