And now the recruits are dropping

In all honesty, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't teach, motivate or prepare them than it means nothing. On the other hand there are coaches who constantly get lesser talent to play hard and overachieve. Nebraska will always be able to get enough talent to be competitive, which means if our new staff can get the most out of them we'll be fine.

The good news is that the players who do decide to stick with us will be a bunch of kids who really want to be huskers and that should translate on the field.

In all honesty, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't teach, motivate or prepare than it means nothing. On the other hand there are coaches who constantly get lesser talent to play hard and overachieve. Nebraska will always be able to get enough talent to be competitive, which means it'll be up to our new staff to get the most out of them and we should be fine.

I mostly agree, but all the work that has gone into getting NU into the areas where all the talent resides is being wasted. It's a shame to see.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Depending on how bad the class is eroded and how well or not well a new coach recruits, we could possibly see repercussions 3 to 4 years from now.

I agree. The senior class this year is evidence of how a coaching change can effect a program 3-4 years down the road i.e Mckeon and a lack of senior leadership.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Depending on how bad the class is eroded and how well or not well a new coach recruits, we could possibly see repercussions 3 to 4 years from now.

I agree. The senior class this year is evidence of how a coaching change can effect a program 3-4 years down the road i.e Mckeon and a lack of senior leadership.

McKeon was as Solich recruit. He red shirted in 03.

In all honesty, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't teach, motivate or prepare than it means nothing. On the other hand there are coaches who constantly get lesser talent to play hard and overachieve. Nebraska will always be able to get enough talent to be competitive, which means it'll be up to our new staff to get the most out of them and we should be fine.

I mostly agree, but all the work that has gone into getting NU into the areas where all the talent resides is being wasted. It's a shame to see.

Agree, but much like the 90's as long as you have a good core of recruits coming in you can always steal kids away from FL, TX & CA and the new head coach and his staff will usually have good recruiting ties to certain regions.

The problem concerning me now is how long it's taking to get rid of the current staff. The longer it takes, the harder it will be to salvage the commits we do have and pick up any new ones.

In my perfect world, this will happen:

Nebraska will beat the crap out of Texas on Saturday.

Nebraska will follow that up with convincing victories over Kansas, K-State, and Colorado. After upsetting Kansas, TO will announce that Callahan will not be fired.

Callahan will announce after the bowl victory that there have been major shakeups in the coaching staff, including removal of Cosgrove.

Callahan will install a new, simpler I-based offense in the spring.

We will retain 80% of the recruiting class.

Next year we will go undefeated and win the national championship. Lucky will win the Heismann.

It could happen.

Nebraska will follow that up with convincing victories over Kansas, K-State, and Colorado. After upsetting Kansas, TO will announce that Callahan will not be fired.

Callahan will announce after the bowl victory that there have been major shakeups in the coaching staff, including removal of Cosgrove.

Next year we will go undefeated and win the national championship. Lucky will win the Heismann.

It could happen.

Well, I will take the wins, the removal of some coaches, and a simpler offense, but I could do without the I-based offense and I want to keep more of the recruiting class.

It could happen.

I could actually live with that scenario. My main concern with BC is that he hasn't fired Coz or even addressed the possibility of doing that. I know his play calling is very questionable at times, but I'm convinced that it has to do with complete lack of confidence in the D. I almost forgot to include that since he doesn't have a fiery attitude, he would definitely have to bring in assistants that do.

It could happen.

As much as I would like to see the rest of the games all be winners, I have not seen anything in the last 3 weeks that shows me that can do that.

I dont think Callahan has the humility to abandon his offensive philosophy. Hell, he wont even give over all the play calling as it is.

Forecasting the loss of the whole class is more than a bit premature. No one knows who the next gu ywill be, he may hold on to the vast majority of it.

The forecast of doom and gloom if we fire Callahan has no real basis in fact. We dont know who the next coach would be. It might be the NU version of Bob Stoops. Maybe it isnt.

But I think we have seen what the future holds if we keep him. By the end of year 4 you have a really good indication of what they are capable of. Taking over a 9-3 team isnt the rebuilding project of taking over a Baylor of ISU. Dumping him may hurt one recruiting class. Keeping him will doom us to a future of about .500. I know which option I would take.

Apparently our recruiting guru, aka bill callahan, hasn't been keeping up his end of the bargin w/ recruiting.

LJS Blog

D.J. Woods, a prep receiver from Ohio who gave his oral commit to Nebraska, said Tuesday night he hasn't heard from Husker coaches in two or three weeks.

He said he doesn't blame them. He knows they're going through a lot.

Last time he talked to them, "they said they don’t know what’s going on.

“Their voices just sound depressed, like they know they’re going to get fired," Woods said. "In the back of my head, I kind of know the coaching staff is going to be gone. I’m just trying to figure out who the next coach is going to be.”

He's visiting West Virginia, Penn State and North Carolina in the meantime.

Almost makes you wonder if he has just given up on recruiting like he has on coaching?

Apparently our recruiting guru, aka bill callahan, hasn't been keeping up his end of the bargin w/ recruiting.

LJS Blog

D.J. Woods, a prep receiver from Ohio who gave his oral commit to Nebraska, said Tuesday night he hasn't heard from Husker coaches in two or three weeks.

He said he doesn't blame them. He knows they're going through a lot.

Last time he talked to them, "they said they don’t know what’s going on.

“Their voices just sound depressed, like they know they’re going to get fired," Woods said. "In the back of my head, I kind of know the coaching staff is going to be gone. I’m just trying to figure out who the next coach is going to be.”

He's visiting West Virginia, Penn State and North Carolina in the meantime.

Almost makes you wonder if he has just given up on recruiting like he has on coaching?

Thank you for this post, I have posted the same information and couldn't find the link to it for the last 1/2 hr. thanx again