Swaying Recruits: Losing Games or Losing Callahan

I am just curious to what others think of this situation. Do you think players are defecting due to the possibility (certianty) that NU will be getting rid of BC, or because of NU's horrific play and getting blown out? Are these kids really that tied to this staff?

Well Notre Dame has the #1 class in the country, and they have only won 1 game. So, I do not think poor performance has anything to do with it. I think what is swaying these recruits is uncertainty.

What if the new coach that comes in isn't interested in them?? They have to look out for their futures. I almost feel like they are being a bit reckless if they DON'T decommit and look elsewhere.

I dont think it helps that Cally has spoken several times to the media that because the future is uncertain it is naturally going to hurt recruiting. So if he can say that to the media, it is just as possible that they can tell a future recruit to check out other schools.

Personally speaking on the recruiting issue, I think that we are talking about one class, or one year only, that we may lose some recruits. Talkng about this year only. What that means is... big deal. It doesnt mean the following years we will not be in the top. Whoever comes here will clean up the mess, play who we have, because we are stacked with tons of talent that havent even seen the field yet, and return to the top 10-15 each year in recruiting.