Lou's Pep Talk

dbetz23

This is what he said (I think)

"If I was a mailman I wouldn’t have handled any more mail than I did this past week. And most of it was negative. But that doesn’t bother me. ‘Cause when you go into coaching, you understand one thing. The time to worry is before you place your bet, and not after they spin the wheel.

I’m not worried about job security. That’s part of the coaching profession. I have an education, I’m willing to work, I’ll always have a future.

I also believe we can solve any problem if enough people care. We solved sexism, racism, and we can solve problems with Nebraska football if enough people care. And the only way enough people are going to care is if you ask yourself this key question the rest of your life: If I didn’t show up, who would miss me and why. If Nebraska football ceased to exist, would anybody miss them and why? The answer is obviously yes. The country would, t.v. would, our fans would. Our fans understand the great tradition of Nebraska football. Go back to Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, National Championships, our Blackshirt defense. Why have people missed them? Because people genuinely care to represented [sic] Nebraska over all these years. Now, gentleman, it’s time people missed us. It’s time we stepped up, made a commitment to our teammates, to our fans, and to one another. That people will be glad we showed up today. ‘Cause we’re going to make a difference in people’s lives. We’re going to go out there today, and we’re changing Nebraska football from this point forward. ‘Cause we care, and we want to make sure we’ll be missed when we leave here. That hasn’t happened before, it’s going to happen today. Let’s go make Texas sorry we showed up today. Let’s go."

Lord.

That was 45 seconds of my life I'd like back.

Rock Bottom is an interesting place.

This is the first time I've seen the messenger shot because he brought a positive statement!

You guys rag on Lou all the time about not saying anything good about Nebrasa, and when he does you make fun of how God created him. I am sure none of you were poked fun of for being fat, ugly, crater faced acne, big ears, big butt, jock, pencil necked geek, momma's boy, loser,etc. No, your exterior appearance must be perfect, but your basic humanity is deficient!

The best fans in America are great....until they become losers, then you see they are just like everybody else. Take a seat by the team, you both have fallen so far.

This is what he said (I think)

"If I was a mailman I wouldn’t have handled any more mail than I did this past week. And most of it was negative. But that doesn’t bother me. ‘Cause when you go into coaching, you understand one thing. The time to worry is before you place your bet, and not after they spin the wheel.

I’m not worried about job security. That’s part of the coaching profession. I have an education, I’m willing to work, I’ll always have a future.

I also believe we can solve any problem if enough people care. We solved sexism, racism, and we can solve problems with Nebraska football if enough people care. And the only way enough people are going to care is if you ask yourself this key question the rest of your life: If I didn’t show up, who would miss me and why. If Nebraska football ceased to exist, would anybody miss them and why? The answer is obviously yes. The country would, t.v. would, our fans would. Our fans understand the great tradition of Nebraska football. Go back to Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, National Championships, our Blackshirt defense. Why have people missed them? Because people genuinely care to represented [sic] Nebraska over all these years. Now, gentleman, it’s time people missed us. It’s time we stepped up, made a commitment to our teammates, to our fans, and to one another. That people will be glad we showed up today. ‘Cause we’re going to make a difference in people’s lives. We’re going to go out there today, and we’re changing Nebraska football from this point forward. ‘Cause we care, and we want to make sure we’ll be missed when we leave here. That hasn’t happened before, it’s going to happen today. Let’s go make Texas sorry we showed up today. Let’s go."

I thought Lou's motivational speech was pretty good....... :thumbs

Lord.

This is the first time I've seen the messenger shot because he brought a positive statement!

You guys rag on Lou all the time about not saying anything good about Nebrasa, and when he does you make fun of how God created him. I am sure none of you were poked fun of for being fat, ugly, crater faced acne, big ears, big butt, jock, pencil necked geek, momma's boy, loser,etc. No, your exterior appearance must be perfect, but your basic humanity is deficient!

The best fans in America are great....until they become losers, then you see they are just like everybody else. Take a seat by the team, you both have fallen so far.

For the record, I never said I hated Lou Holtz becuase he was negative towards Nebraska. I hate Lou Holtz because I think he is a horrible analyst. And where in the blue hell in my statement did I taunt the way "God made him?" I don't like those "pep talks". Every time I see one, I become dumber. I saw this one because morbid curiosity drove me to it and it might be the last time I see my school on ESPN until Callahan is or isn't fired.

I am really getting tired of people dropping the "best fans in football" card when someone does not agree with their post. Once and for all, being the "best fan" to me means you can:

a) have an opinion

b)express said opinion in a mature manner

c)when having an opinion, it can be different then the coaching staff's or players opinion

d)have to right when you buy a freaking ticket to a game to either boo or leave early if you as a fan deem appropiate. (This is a big one, I forgot in 2007 the only people with Nebraska gear on who have to care and watch the whole game are the freaking fans)

Lastly, a USC fan has a lot of damn gall to call a Nebraska fan on loyalty and attitude. I have seen plenty of half empty LA Colesium's in USC's down time, crappy behavior when the team loses, and plenty of offensive shirts at games. Hell, the "Our maids went to Fresno State" T-shirts were pretty classy. As for recent proof, YOUR FRIGGING COACH THINKS FAKING SUICIDE IS FUNNY AND NOT AT ALL UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!

But whatever, enjoy the view from the top, it looks to be ending soon.

Lord.

Mike Gundy..... Is that you???

Lord.

:yeah

Lord.

For the record, I never said I hated Lou Holtz becuase he was negative towards Nebraska. I hate Lou Holtz because I think he is a horrible analyst. And where in the blue hell in my statement did I taunt the way "God made him?" I don't like those "pep talks". Every time I see one, I become dumber. I saw this one because morbid curiosity drove me to it and it might be the last time I see my school on ESPN until Callahan is or isn't fired.

I am really getting tired of people dropping the "best fans in football" card when someone does not agree with their post. Once and for all, being the "best fan" to me means you can:

a) have an opinion

b)express said opinion in a mature manner

c)when having an opinion, it can be different then the coaching staff's or players opinion

d)have to right when you buy a freaking ticket to a game to either boo or leave early if you as a fan deem appropiate. (This is a big one, I forgot in 2007 the only people with Nebraska gear on who have to care and watch the whole game are the freaking fans)

Lastly, a USC fan has a lot of damn gall to call a Nebraska fan on loyalty and attitude. I have seen plenty of half empty LA Colesium's in USC's down time, crappy behavior when the team loses, and plenty of offensive shirts at games. Hell, the "Our maids went to Fresno State" T-shirts were pretty classy. As for recent proof, YOUR FRIGGING COACH THINKS FAKING SUICIDE IS FUNNY AND NOT AT ALL UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!

But whatever, enjoy the view from the top, it looks to be ending soon.

My reference was to "you guys" not "you". I attached my post to the most recent one. It could have been anybody's. It just happened to be yours. Nothing personal. I never said anything about loyalty and attitude, you inferred it. As far as expressing an opinion, apparently only yours matters.

I agree with your definition of a fan: a) through d)

P.S I too must be on a suicide watch because I don't know what the hell you're talking about there.

We don't call ourselves the best fans in football, so its a standard we don't have to nor care to live up to, but Nebraska does. So if its a comfortable fit on top, you got to live with it when you are down. If not, perhaps you (all you) need to rethink that description.

View from the top looks great thank you.

That wasnt a bad pep talk. Lou is pretty fair, he respects Nebraska, and because he chose to spend time on the air to give a positive talk to the Huskers is pretty cool to me.

The one a few weeks back where he did the magic trick, tearing up the newspaper was awesome. Lou's cool!