Helping Dr. Tom Evaluate

In the spirit of helping the evaluation process, I have tried to track some of our Defensive Coordinator's career in that title, and have a few stats....

.........Scoring Defense Rank

....WISCONSIN..........NEBRASKA

====================

8 year average rank for Cosgrove 52nd at 24.3 PPG

8 year average rank w/o Cosgrove 22nd at 18.5 PPG

Wisconsin's scoring defense ranking improved, on average 26 places after Cozgrove left.....and gave up 5.3 PPG less.

Nebraska's scoring defense ranking fell, on average 33 places since hiring Cosgrove........and gave up 6.2 PPG more

Just an additional note.... Pelini over the last 5 years with 3 different teams averages a national ranking of 5 at 14.7 PPG.

I believe that Cosgroves evaluation should be nearing compleation. He has a poor history. I don't believe that he forgot how to coach..... this is what you get.....

Wisconsin 2001 Allowed 28.8 PPG Ranked 81st

Nebraska 2007 Allowing 31.9 PPG Ranked 91st

He was hired because of his personal relationship with Callahan, not because of any type of proven success.

You get an A+ for you well earned Homework.....job well done...but we already knew that Coz is a terrible defensive coordinator....but thanks for reminding us.

I just wanted to show that this is NOTHING NEW. I live in Wisconsin, plagued by Badger fans. They were laughing when Cosgrove left and made comments like "we will help him pack, and give him a gas card with enough on it to get him across the border." They were very happy when he left.

I wanted to show it was strictly a "buddy" hire. Some on this board have said "He has been a DC for 15 years, he hasn't suddenly forgot how to coach." That's what prompted the research. :restore

You get an A+ for you well earned Homework.....job well done...but we already knew that Coz is a terrible defensive coordinator....but thanks for reminding us.

I just wanted to show that this is NOTHING NEW. I live in Wisconsin, plagued by Badger fans. They were laughing when Cosgrove left and made comments like "we will help him pack, and give him a gas card with enough on it to get him across the border." They were very happy when he left.

I wanted to show it was strictly a "buddy" hire. Some on this board have said "He has been a DC for 15 years, he hasn't suddenly forgot how to coach." That's what prompted the research. :restore

want him back?

want him back?

Yes, PLEASE take him ASAP! :)

In the spirit of helping the evaluation process, I have tried to track some of our Defensive Coordinator's career in that title, and have a few stats....

====================

Look at 2003 when Pelini was here! :leghump:

I believe that Cosgroves evaluation should be nearing compleation. He has a poor history. I don't believe that he forgot how to coach.....

He never knew how to coach to begin with. Nothing like single handedly running two programs defenses into the ground. After he gets thrown out of here, hopefully that will be the end of his life long goal to ruin defenses. Cant imagine after two back-to-back collosel failures he will ever get a DC job agian. I wouldn't let this guy coach my kids Jr. High team.

====================

8 year average rank for Cosgrove 52nd at 24.3 PPG

8 year average rank w/o Cosgrove 22nd at 18.5 PPG

Wisconsin's scoring defense ranking improved, on average 26 places after Cozgrove left.....and gave up 5.3 PPG less.

Nebraska's scoring defense ranking fell, on average 33 places since hiring Cosgrove........and gave up 6.2 PPG more

Just an additional note.... Pelini over the last 5 years with 3 different teams averages a national ranking of 5 at 14.7 PPG.

I believe that Cosgroves evaluation should be nearing compleation. He has a poor history. I don't believe that he forgot how to coach..... this is what you get.....

Wisconsin 2001 Allowed 28.8 PPG Ranked 81st

Nebraska 2007 Allowing 31.9 PPG Ranked 91st

He was hired because of his personal relationship with Callahan, not because of any type of proven success.

yep, butt budddies. maybe they can go somewhere else together and hold glands.....er, i mean hands.

I am pretty sure Tom doesn't need much help. Especially from an internet message board.

I'm sure Dr. Tom doesn't give two craps about what a message board says. Just like I don't give two craps what you say.

For a moderator, your a really intelligent, level headed person..... duely encouraging the message board process and thus elevating your position as someone to be respected.

Kudos to you. It goes to show that even though you rode the short bus, you can asspire to be a message board moderator.

:nutz:box:steam

I've been here about three weeks. In that time I have registered, made a few posts, not attacked anybody for their input, and learned that you are the reason that :asshat exsists.

I had Coz pegged as a BC-crony from the start. He hadn't had a big-time D at Wiscy in years and the locals were tired of him.

I wasn't buying the "cupboard is so empty" crap. His first D had a bunch of guys that play in the NFL now and a secondary that had been stellar the year before looking clownshoes against ISU.

I am pretty sure Tom doesn't need much help. Especially from an internet message board.

I'm sure Dr. Tom doesn't give two craps about what a message board says. Just like I don't give two craps what you say.

For a moderator, your a really intelligent, level headed person..... duely encouraging the message board process and thus elevating your position as someone to be respected.

Kudos to you. It goes to show that even though you rode the short bus, you can aspire to be a message board moderator.

:nutz:box:steam

I've been here about three weeks. In that time I have registered, made a few posts, not attacked anybody for their input, and learned that you are the reason that :asshat exsists.

correct, as a mod Dave H tends to elevate himself and his opinions above all others. kind of disappointing as the rest of the mods are pretty non opinionated and seldom condescending.