what if we keep it close against Texas?

There seems to be a school of thought that if we lose big tomorrow changes with the coaching staff might be made next week. But what if we keep it close (I do not think we can win)? What if it's a 7-10 point spread, does that buy Callahan more time?

I know T.O. said he would wait until the end of the season before making changes, but you have to wonder if the rumors of Callahan being encouraged to resign are true. Would a huge loss tomorrow give him more encouragement and does keeping it close buy him more time?

There seems to be a school of thought that if we lose big tomorrow changes with the coaching staff might be made next week. But what if we keep it close (I do not think we can win)? What if it's a 7-10 point spread, does that buy Callahan more time?

I know T.O. said he would wait until the end of the season before making changes, but you have to wonder if the rumors of Callahan being encouraged to resign are true. Would a huge loss tomorrow give him more encouragement and does keeping it close buy him more time?

A loss is a loss at this point. He could win this game by 50 pts and he would still be gone at the end of the year. As far as rumors.............thats exactly it they are rumors.

i think i want us to lose then, in order for callahan to be booted.

<_<

Way to root against the team, guys.

I'm rooting for the program and at this point, a loss may be the best thing for us. I truly believe that many of the older guys on the team no longer care. I want a new coach in there who will work with the young guys and get them fired up. Not someone who shows zero emotion and tries to put square pegs in round holes to fit his complicated offense. Lets not even get into the defense.

hmmm....

no...

I believe 100% this deal is done & in the lawyers hands. I trust Tom and give him all my support but I'm not naive enough to think there's not alot going on behind the scenes. I mean really guys, in your heart of hearts do you really think he has a chance in hell to be here next year? NOPE! Once this buyout stuff is settled he'll walk, whether it'd be this Sunday or after Colorado.

Another thought, sometimes you have to take 2 steps back in order to take 5 steps forward (or something like that). For what it's worth anyway.

it won't matter one lick. i doubt Os will make any changes now, as the season is basically toast anyway.

Maybe if they get rid of callahan and coz now they might play better. I am sure one of the current staff would love a chance to interim hc the rest of the season. Look at Texas now Mack Brown is a crappy coach but isn't as dumb as callahan and knew to let vince young play his game and not force him to do things he couldn't. but with all their recruits year in and year out who want to play at texas and wait years to play there they really haven't done much.

Justify it to yourselves however you want: there's no principle to rooting against your team and calling yourself a 'fan.' Sorry if that's harsh. I don't like to be someone who criticizes how much a 'fan' someone else is, but that's a line to be drawn, for me. Always, always, always hope the Huskers win. Well, I guess I can't tell you what to hope for, but in my opinion, that's how it should be.

How the heck can anyone call themselves a "FAN" and then say they want "their" team to lose? That is logic that doesn't add up and is pretty silly if you ask me. The guy is going to be shown the door but TO is NOT going to do it until after the CU game. This is going to happen NO MATTER what, it does not matter if we lose out or win out Callahan will not be back next year. So you people wanting us to lose really need to take a good look at yourself and ask what kind of a fan am I. So why wouldn't you want them to win?