Sam Keller

This is so tough to see. Sam's been a great fighter and captain (though not in name) for this team. What an outstanding player. Now we've got to turn to Ganz...let's hope he steps it up. I've always wanted to see Joe get a shot, he's a great kid too. Now it's his turn in the limelight...let's win some games! :D

If this end up being keller's last game as a husker that's just not right. The guy is a gamer who is not afraid to take the heat when things aren't going right and seems like a real team leader with alot of guts. I wish we had him for 4 years to play instead of 1. If this was indeed his last game I wish him good luck he has a bright future ahead.

Link to the collarbone assertion? Some nitwit said that on the Journalstar blogs, but there's no substantiation that I've found yet.

Anyone got a link?

A link probably isn't needed. As someone who has actually had and still has a messed up shoulder the way he grabbed that thing and when he tried to move it leads me to believe three things...............broken collarbone, seperated shoulder, torn labrum. The collarbone and torn labrum are season enders. If the shoulder is seperated it is his non-throwing arm so he may try to tough it out.

AGREED

I have had serious injuries to my shoulder. The last required a 4.5 hr surgery. When I see the movement he had and the placement of the arm, that could be any you mentioned. But most likely, if it is a labrum he is done for they year. Some times you will not come back at all from that. At this point in time there is no replacement for the Labrum period. There is only a lap repair (pinning the labrum to the socket and hope for the best). I hope that isn't it.

I am extreemly excited to see Ganz. It really is too bad he didn't get a few more chances earlier. Keller has been VERY inconsistent and alot of the dropped balls (not all) have been because of bad passes, low, outside and alot were way behind the recievers. So, Good Luck to Ganz and I can't wait to see it.

A link probably isn't needed. As someone who has actually had and still has a messed up shoulder the way he grabbed that thing and when he tried to move it leads me to believe three things...............broken collarbone, seperated shoulder, torn labrum. The collarbone and torn labrum are season enders. If the shoulder is seperated it is his non-throwing arm so he may try to tough it out.

AGREED

I have had serious injuries to my shoulder. The last required a 4.5 hr surgery. When I see the movement he had and the placement of the arm, that could be any you mentioned. But most likely, if it is a labrum he is done for they year. Some times you will not come back at all from that. At this point in time there is no replacement for the Labrum period. There is only a lap repair (pinning the labrum to the socket and hope for the best). I hope that isn't it.

Would a labrum tear in his non-throwing shoulder keep him out? I lived with a labrum tear for a couple of years and even kept playing sports (recreational, not competitive) until it came to a point where my shoulder would partially dislocate -- than I needed to get it fixed.

So, if it was a labrum tear, I think he could continue until the end of the season. Didn't Crouch have surgery for a torn labrum while at Nebraska?

But -- given the early reports, I suspect it is something more serious.

It's really a shame if this ends his season. The guy has not had a great past couple years.. with losing the ASU starting job and then walking into the firestorm of nebraska this year. His last year of eligibility will consist of a team that collapsed around him and his season ending early to eligibility. Really feel bad for this kid. I just hope that someone in the NFL will see through the NU collapse and give the kid a shot.

On to Ganz. Ganz and Keller looked fairly neck-and-neck as far as skill goes in the Red/White game. Ganz was leading the 2nd-team. My guess is he's about as good at Keller. But, if he is to play now.. I think it would be a spark to the offense.. a little different look for our opponents, and the rest of the players on offense may be encouraged by a fresh face under center. Keller has not played well these past few weeks, and I don't blame him.. but I'm sure there are players who have lost a little faith in him, and maybe Ganz stepping in will bring back some spark to the offense.

Regardless, the defense gave up almost 550 yards of total offense to UT. For the fourth week in a row we've lost, and for the EIGTH! week in a row we have given up over 400 yards on offense, and Wake Forest was only about 25yds shy of 400 themselves!

Holy CRAP!

No, with stats like that I'm not sure any offense can overcome the holes that our defense digs for us. Sure they played with a bit more fire this week, but when UT finally decided to adjust, they made us look like fools once again.

The point is: the best part of Ganz playing now would be to get experience and show that he has what it takes to start next year.

We gave up 550 yards, but 350 in the first three quarters and in the fourth quarter, sans Jamal Charles' freakish performance (216 yds, 13 carries in the 4th if I'm not mistaken).

Overall, we did well...but man, did we break down on this guy.

On the whole, you have to say our defense played with spirit today...they just didn't finish. This was not the same NU defense that showed up to play against Ball St and every subsequent game.