Sam Keller

Great Game....and apparently season. Other boards are saying out for the year with a broken collar bone or separated shoulder.

Oh, that's a shame. I really like Keller and want to see him do well and get to the NFL. He has been one of our few consistant bright spots this season. I know he has made mistakes, but he plays with fire.

Link to the collarbone assertion? Some nitwit said that on the Journalstar blogs, but there's no substantiation that I've found yet.

Anyone got a link?

A link probably isn't needed. As someone who has actually had and still has a messed up shoulder the way he grabbed that thing and when he tried to move it leads me to believe three things...............broken collarbone, seperated shoulder, torn labrum. The collarbone and torn labrum are season enders. If the shoulder is seperated it is his non-throwing arm so he may try to tough it out.

Link to the collarbone assertion? Some nitwit said that on the Journalstar blogs, but there's no substantiation that I've found yet.

Anyone got a link?

A link probably isn't needed. As someone who has actually had and still has a messed up shoulder the way he grabbed that thing and when he tried to move it leads me to believe three things...............broken collarbone, seperated shoulder, torn labrum. The collarbone and torn labrum are season enders. If the shoulder is seperated it is his non-throwing arm so he may try to tough it out.

I'm just saying that no official source that I've seen has said he's broken his collarbone. I have no doubt that would be a season-ender, but all the same I'd like some proof.

Anyone got a link?

I'm just saying that no official source that I've seen has said he's broken his collarbone. I have no doubt that would be a season-ender, but all the same I'd like some proof.

Agreed. I love how he actually stayed on the sidelines though. :thumbs

This from one of the reporters with the team at the game:

More on Keller. He left the locker room with his left arm in

a sling, and although X-rays taken at the stadium won't be

examined until the team returns to Lincoln, his status for

the remainder of the season is uncertain.

Keller's father, Mike, did not address the severity of the

injury, but did say, "He'll help with the team. Do whatever

he can."

As for Joe Ganz, who stepped in and led Nebraska to a

touchdown, he said he's ready if Keller can't go next week

at Kansas.

"I hope he’s all right, but if he’s not,

it’s my job to win these next three games and get our

team to a bowl game," Ganz said. "We can end the season on

the right foot. If it falls on my shoulders, I love the

pressure."