Sam Keller

This sucks. This kid gave his heart to this team for the time he was here and to see it end like this sucks. I don't know about the rest of you but this guy and Zac Taylor are pretty high up on my list of favorite All Time players. You could always tell this the crap that was going down got to Keller and that he wanted to do anything he could to get things going in the right direction. He will make a NFL roster and with all the average QB's in the NFL should have a chance to play. Crap if Harrington, Simms, Holcombe, Griese, Grossman, etc. can play why can't Keller?

Keller out for season, unless Jan 1 bowl game, broken left collar bone. This is official

I'm really sorry to hear about the extent of his injury. The guy hasn't been perfect this season, but he's done a good job for us this year while continuing to show maturity and composure in interviews during this tailspin. I'm sure you all have read this story in the OWH, but I'll post the link just in case. It's a heartbreaker.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10169795

That article doesn't confirm anything. Unless you also have a mutual friend with SK...

What would I know, I just come on here and post whatever! I don't know anybody.

Uh, yea. I know people. Lots of people. All around the country. Not the same people you do. Thus the questions. If I had the information I wouldn't have to ask.

Is it that odd?

:rollin I like funny.

By the way. After a broken collarbone, I'm sure he was prescribed some pain medication. Is a trip to O St. a smart ploy after all that?

Oh man. I knew he got knocked out of the game because I heard Ganz's name being mentioned by the TV announcers (I was getting ready for a costume party during the 4th quarter and cranked up the TV volume so I could hear it in the other room...yes, I do have a radio, but I can't stand Rose's announcing). That's too bad for Sam if he is indeed out for the rest of the season. I feel bad for him.

On the other hand, we finally get to watch a mobile QB in action (I'm assuming Ganz is going to continue leading the offense?), something I have been waiting for. Too bad he has to start his first game against an undefeated Kansas team...

Husker coach Bill Callahan said Monday morning that Sam Keller is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

Joe Ganz will get his first start against Kansas, which ranks fifth in total defense.

"He'll be out for the season, (with a) shoulder injury," Callahan said. "I would prefer that you speak to him and let him discuss the injury. His injury will take him out of the season this year. He's done a tremendous job for us this year. I couldn't be more pleased with the job he's done for us."

About Ganz, Callahan said: "We've given our backup quite a few reps during course of season, so Joe is very well prepared and very well prepped ... He'll be competitive on Saturday, he will give it his all. I think our team and staff have the utmost confidence in his ability."

Callahan said Patrick Witt and Beau Davis are fighting for the backup spot behind Keller.

Also of significant note, Callahan said linebacker Lance Brandenburgh also suffered a shoulder injury that will keep him out the rest of the season.

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;tb=1&pb=1