If Callahan makes changes

I would call it a lack of patience. The same lack of patience shown to Frank. And the same model of management ND seems to be using. It's sure working well for them.

Frank was slipping to mediocrity. Bill has slipped to hilarity. He has completely lost it.

I would call it a lack of patience. The same lack of patience shown to Frank. And the same model of management ND seems to be using. It's sure working well for them.

I would call it more of a lack of results than a lack of patience! BC just isn't a good college coach, if BC was a good coach he would have proven it already by either by winning or at least trying to make things better by replacing a bad DC and handing over play calling duties. I'm all for giving a guy a chance, but if after 4 years you're getting worse rather than better then there's a problem. Good coaches have proven that they can win right away (Stoops, Carrol, Trussel, Tedford, Erickson, Meyer, Pinkel, Mangino just to name a few) don't you think we deserve better? Or do we just do nothing and remain a mediocre football team for as long as BC decides he would like to coach?

Frank was slipping to mediocrity. Bill has slipped to hilarity. He has completely lost it.

Man, I hate to say it...but was 2003's season really mediocre?

If you remember, after the 2002 season, it was alleged that Stevie Pedey gave Frank Solich an ultimatum. This ultimatum was "make SIGNIFICANT changes, or else."

We brought in Pelini. We made significant strides...especially defensively.

I don't know if the option offense would've continued to be the NU offense/solution. All I can say is this: going from 7-7 (2002) to 10-3 (2003) is a SIGNIFICANT improvement to me.

Frank Solich should have been allowed, at least, one more year. Our program slipped into "mediocrity" for ONE year (2002).

I hate hearing that argument. Since Solich, we've been mediocre 3 out of 4 years under Callahan.

Perhaps too many people are using Pederson's definition of mediocrity? I hate to quote Mark May but this is ridiculous -- "I hardly see 9-3 as mediocre."

Here's Ivan Maisel's take on it:

When the decision is made to change coaches, usually the reason behind it is painfully obvious (John Mackovic) or blatantly wrongheaded (Tommy Tuberville). But neither describes the decision by Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson on Saturday night to fire Frank Solich.

After going 7-7 in 2002, Solich came under pressure to revamp his staff and he did so. The Huskers finished the regular season 9-3, a significant improvement. If my math is right, that's much better than 7-7. Pederson disagreed, and in a short meeting Saturday night, told Solich that after 25 seasons on the Nebraska staff, he was done.

Pederson may believe that the Huskers' inability to compete with Texas (31-7) and Kansas State (38-9) in the second half of the season indicate a drop in talent that Solich oversaw and can't rectify. But the athletic director's cure may be worse than the illness.

If Pederson decides to hire a Walt Harris from Pittsburgh, for instance, he will be asking a passing coach to take over an offense built for the run. If you want to see what can happen in that circumstance, go watch a couple of Notre Dame game tapes.

By firing Solich, Pederson must hope that he will accelerate Nebraska's ability to return to the place it held among the college football elite for more than three decades. But change doesn't promise improvement. It just promises change.

-- Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com

If you remember, after the 2002 season, it was alleged that Stevie Pedey gave Frank Solich an ultimatum. This ultimatum was "make SIGNIFICANT changes, or else."

I don't know if the option offense would've continued to be the NU offense/solution. All I can say is this: going from 7-7 (2002) to 10-3 (2003) is a SIGNIFICANT improvement to me.

Frank Solich should have been allowed, at least, one more year. Our program slipped into "mediocrity" for ONE year (2002).

I hate hearing that argument. Since Solich, we've been mediocre 3 out of 4 years under Callahan.

Perhaps too many people are using Pederson's definition of mediocrity? I hate to quote Mark May but this is ridiculous -- "I hardly see 9-3 as mediocre."

When the decision is made to change coaches, usually the reason behind it is painfully obvious (John Mackovic) or blatantly wrongheaded (Tommy Tuberville). But neither describes the decision by Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson on Saturday night to fire Frank Solich.

After going 7-7 in 2002, Solich came under pressure to revamp his staff and he did so. The Huskers finished the regular season 9-3, a significant improvement. If my math is right, that's much better than 7-7. Pederson disagreed, and in a short meeting Saturday night, told Solich that after 25 seasons on the Nebraska staff, he was done.

Pederson may believe that the Huskers' inability to compete with Texas (31-7) and Kansas State (38-9) in the second half of the season indicate a drop in talent that Solich oversaw and can't rectify. But the athletic director's cure may be worse than the illness.

If Pederson decides to hire a Walt Harris from Pittsburgh, for instance, he will be asking a passing coach to take over an offense built for the run. If you want to see what can happen in that circumstance, go watch a couple of Notre Dame game tapes.

By firing Solich, Pederson must hope that he will accelerate Nebraska's ability to return to the place it held among the college football elite for more than three decades. But change doesn't promise improvement. It just promises change.

-- Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com

I think Frank got a miracle in Pelini. But regardless, the recruits were gonna run out, and then where was the program at? The Crouch gem was shined out. Then what?

If Callahan fires Coz, Elmo, and possibly Wags at the end of the season, would you be willing to give him more time.

Everyone agrees that the defense has not been very good since the current staff has been here, and is the majority of the problems with this team. Also the O-Line hasnt really been that great either.

I personally feel that if he were to make some changes, I would give him some more time.

However if he refuses to get rid of Coz then he would have to go, because he is the HC and is responsible for the success or failures of the team. and if he cannot see that Coz is the problem then he needs to go

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as clownahan is a large part of the problem. his version of the wco is just filled with too much clutter and non effective bullsh#t. that and his questionable playcalling make him expendable, now!

It would be a cold day in hell before i allow BC another chance. Look at his body of work while he was here. The guy has pissed on us and told us it was raining. Every week we go out and play another record falls. He started dismantling the program the second he stepped on campus. No way, no how can this go on for one more second after the CU game.

-- Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com

Because we got killed in those 3 losses. We were the worst 3 loss team that year. :(