trick plays?

is anyone else a little surprised at the lack of trick playsbeing used this year? I kept expecting one yesterday... but it never came.

I was waiting for the halfback pass out of the toss play but it never came. Maybe a few trick plays would allow the players to have a little bit more fun. Who knows.

even if they dont work it makes people(safeties) play us honest.

I'd rather see some good, phyusical football than trick plays. I'm always concerned that the use of trick plays tells the players that the coaches don't believe that they can win straight-up, and that they have to resort to trickery.

That being said, I'm a little surprised that they didn't pull a little something out of the hat.

I'd rather see some good, phyusical football than trick plays. I'm always concerned that the use of trick plays tells the players that the coaches don't believe that they can win straight-up, and that they have to resort to trickery.

That being said, I'm a little surprised that they didn't pull a little something out of the hat.

to me all a trick play is keeps teams from cheating on plays. if you are playing straight up, there isnt a trick play in the world that would work. but on an overly aggressive defense they work great.

Shawn Watson From The Daily Nebraskan 9-28-07

* Just because the Huskers haven’t yet used many gimmicks on offense (reverses, trick plays, etc.) doesn’t mean they haven’t been working on them.

“There are a lot of things that you hold in your hip pocket, because you don’t want to show them if you don’t need to show them,” Watson said. “We’ve purposely, in all honesty, held things.”

I read this quote around the time he said it ... I keep wondering what the reason they're holding onto them are.

Shawn Watson From The Daily Nebraskan 9-28-07

* Just because the Huskers haven’t yet used many gimmicks on offense (reverses, trick plays, etc.) doesn’t mean they haven’t been working on them.

“There are a lot of things that you hold in your hip pocket, because you don’t want to show them if you don’t need to show them,” Watson said. “We’ve purposely, in all honesty, held things.”

I read this quote around the time he said it ... I keep wondering what the reason they're holding onto them are.

Well, they're waiting until we're really in a desperate situation. :sarcasm