what does everyone think?

alot of the rumors and garbage floating around says all these former players are coming back to coach ir.

wistrom DL

rathman RB

wiegert OL

fraizer QB

Gill OC

Brown DB

what is everyones input?

My input is you are just as much to blame for these baseless rumors as anyone else. :asshat Complete crap! Apparantly, some people here don't understand how a coaching staff is put together.

Are you serious? how am i to blame? did you read my post? can you read? does it sound like im am starting a rumor? i am actually saying that everyone elses rumors are stupid but that doesnt matter, cuz i can see that you are just going to flame and play tommy tough guy.

i love it. I now some don't have coaching experience but they have played the game and played it at a high level. I don't think they would have a probelm teaching them what they did. Plus husker current players would respect them even more cause the former husker players have been there and done that. Also they know the tradition and how things get done the right way. I don't see a problem with this at all.

Gill could come back but he not to be a coordinator. If we don't hire him as HC somebody else probably will.

Rathman at OC I can see. Dude has been a rb-coach forever. This is as good a chance as any to move-forward with his career or to at-least move to a job that is meaningfull than switching teams in the NFL every few years. I just wonder what type of offense Rathman would run.

Frost has actually coached. Maybe him I can see.

I can see Sanders coming-back. He is a great db-coach and would make a good co-coordinator with a guy like Dan McCarney or Phil Bennett.

If Gill leaves Jimmy Williams might become a HC, otherwise he may follow Gill here if Gill got hired.

I still think Ron Brown is a hell of a coach and a great role-model for players. I'd rehire him as wr-coach in a heartbeat if he wants the job.

I can't see hiring a guy who has never coached, that is what GA-positions are for.

I think Rathman deserves a shot at OC and if not the OC i think atleast the running backs coach. Frost should get a look at LB's or DB's coach, i would love to see sanders come back, If you could get Gill to come back with out giving him the head coaching job that would be amazing. All those other guys with no coaching expeirnce could be grad assistants maybe but i dont think we jsut hand this football program to a bunch a inexperienced coaches just because they were great players.

alot of the rumors and garbage floating around says all these former players are coming back to coach ir.

wistrom DL

rathman RB

wiegert OL

fraizer QB

Gill OC

Brown DB

what is everyones input? i personally think it is a very stupid idea to fill the sidlines with former players MOST of whom dont have any coaching expirence...what does everyone else think?

I'd be perfectly fine with Frazier Gill and Rathman, but probably wouldnt want the others.

Frazier Gill? Are they doing some wicked experiments in the genetics lab?