IBR's prediction false?

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Information points to yes:

"Sightings" of McBride on campus (Interim HC?)

Osborne's slip of the tongue in the KETV interview. (New Staff)

OC job opening up in St. Louis (Easy out for Cally)

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

Today could be the day... IBR - I hope you are right.

GO BIG RED - THROUGH THICK AND THIN

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

I'm afraid not. I've supported the coaches all along, but I just can't take this anymore. A change is inevitable, and the sooner the better.

Im curious as to why Wyatts name is constantly brought up in these discussions. It seems to me as he hasnt had time to prove himself as a coach, and in the little he has, has done a pretty good job with a less then talented defensive line. I say keep Wyatt and get rid of Elmo. His secondary has been terrible since he took over. Nix the May!!!

Hey folks...TO won't fire this crew b4 the end of the season. However that doesn't mean Billy C and a few other's won't voluntarily offer up their resignations though. :) There is a high probabilty of the latter happening next week if we get whipped by KU instead of this week. With every loss BC's ability to become gainfully employed in coaching dwindle's. I think he jumps ship next week or the week after if we keep losing in order to save what's left of his coaching career. :)

Im curious as to why Wyatts name is constantly brought up in these discussions. It seems to me as he hasnt had time to prove himself as a coach, and in the little he has, has done a pretty good job with a less then talented defensive line. I say keep Wyatt and get rid of Elmo. His secondary has been terrible since he took over. Nix the May!!!

Exactly. Elmo goes b4 Wyatt does. Wyatt is a good DL coach and a great recruiter. Give him time and he'll have the best DL in the country, next year. :)

GOD I HOPE SO

I'm afraid not. I've supported the coaches all along, but I just can't take this anymore. A change is inevitable, and the sooner the better.

Give it a day you'll change your mind and tell everyone that this staff should be given another year to make their system work. :)

Read the other posts TO said end of the season. I think, however, that he is looking & a replacement will be named immediately in order to keep recruits.

Tom has stated that he is not presently looking for replacements for the current coaching staff, and that he would evaluate the staff's performance *at the end of the season.*

I haven't caught Tom O misrepresenting himself in the past, and I doubt seriously if he was then when he made those statements.

i agree, but:

if callahan gets his contract bought out, whether by boosters/the U/or the Rams, it is not technically firing him (which TO said he would not do until the end of the season) and it would not be resigning (as BC said he would not do).

think about this for a minute:

at your job, mcdonalds --> pfizer --> first national, wherever - if you are not doing you job to the terms or extent of your contract - you get fired or asked to leave. simple as that.

callahan, coz, wagner, and wyatt have all failed at their jobs this season. we are ranked 107th in TTL DEFENSE....... and dead last in Rush Defense...... oh, but we are 46th in pass eff. defense so let's keep giving coz more time. bull sh!t

buddy wyatt has failed - allowing teams to run up the gut untouched game after game, no stats needed - video proof.

wagner - 69th in rush offense means poor blocking upfront, at least they are almost in the top 25 in pass offense.

coz - need i defend why i think he should be canned - simply put --> HE RUINS DEFENSES!

callahan - besides being the most unemotional coach in any sport ever, he implements a complex offense that our players don't want to run ---> probably because "it's too technical" for any of us normal human beings. callahan needs fired for the simple fact that he hasn't fired or "let go" of the three listed above him.

It is time to bite the bullet and let them go, WE NEED COACHES THAT CAN COACH.

GO BIG RED -- THROUGH THICK AND THIN