CFN Prediction

College Football News

Nebraska (4-5) at Kansas (8-0) 12:30 PM

Why to watch: There was a time not all that long ago when Nebraska was actually good. In fact, the Huskers had won 36 in a row over Kansas and 37 of 38. Now, Kansas is a 19.5-point favorite an in the national title hunt, Nebraska is on a four-game losing streak and about undergo a regime change as the good Dr. Tom is almost certain to clean house once the season is over, and times have definitely changed in the Big 12 North. Making matters worse for Nebraska is the loss of starting QB Sam Keller, who was hardly the problem in this lost season. KU is rolling, Nebraska is reeling, and now there's an expected blowout the other way after decades of Big Red dominance. However, if Nebraska wins this game, it'll just need to beat either Kansas State or Colorado to be bowl eligible and possibly salvage something out of this year. Ruining KU's dream would be a nice end to the slide. On the other side, to stay in the Big 12 race, a KU win might be a must considering a trip to Oklahoma State is ahead.

Why Nebraska might win: For three quarters, Nebraska actually had Texas beaten. The offense was moving a little bit, the defense was doing its job, and there was an opportunity for the Huskers to come up with a big road win that would've changed the season around. Texas RB Jamaal Charles ended that in a big way, but the team still showed that it could play a little bit. There's nothing to lose. Nebraska can pull out all the stops, while Kansas has all the pressure in the world on its shoulders. KU likely won't get to the quarterback often, so the chances will be there to bomb away.

Why Kansas might win: The Nebraska Cornhuskers are dead last in America against the run. Let that sink in for a moment. The team that was such a brick wall for so long can't stop anyone from running. Home runs, long drives, pounding in the middle or getting to the corner on the outside, Nebraska can't stop anything. The line is also having major problems getting into the backfield, but getting the running game going will be job one for KU. The Huskers have allowed 1,040 yards in the last three weeks, and more than 300 in each game, while Kansas will shift its balanced attack to hammer away on the ground early on. The KU offensive line should dominate from the opening snap.

Who to watch: With Keller out for the year, it's now up to junior Joe Ganz to run the Nebraska offense and try to pump some life into the team. While he doesn't come across as the NFL-type gunslinger Sam Keller looked like, he has a nice arm, better mobility, and can play. He had a terrific spring, causing some to wonder if it would be Keller under center to start the year. At this point, he becomes the team's big wild card.

What will happen: Kansas always, always takes Nebraska seriously. There won't be any letdown as the Jayhawks look to get a little bit of revenge for all the years of beatdowns. Kansas, who's averaging 54.4 points per game at home, will mix it up for over 500 yards of total offense as it gets more style points in the BCS hunt.

CFN Prediction: Kansas 40 ... Nebraska 14 ... Line: Kansas -19.5

Must See Rating: (5 Heidi Klum on Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - 1 Heidi Klum on Oprah) ... 2.5

College Football News

Nebraska (4-5) at Kansas (8-0) 12:30 PM

Why to watch: There was a time not all that long ago when Nebraska was actually good. In fact, the Huskers had won 36 in a row over Kansas and 37 of 38. Now, Kansas is a 19.5-point favorite an in the national title hunt, Nebraska is on a four-game losing streak and about undergo a regime change as the good Dr. Tom is almost certain to clean house once the season is over, and times have definitely changed in the Big 12 North. Making matters worse for Nebraska is the loss of starting QB Sam Keller, who was hardly the problem in this lost season. KU is rolling, Nebraska is reeling, and now there's an expected blowout the other way after decades of Big Red dominance. However, if Nebraska wins this game, it'll just need to beat either Kansas State or Colorado to be bowl eligible and possibly salvage something out of this year. Ruining KU's dream would be a nice end to the slide. On the other side, to stay in the Big 12 race, a KU win might be a must considering a trip to Oklahoma State is ahead.

Why Nebraska might win: For three quarters, Nebraska actually had Texas beaten. The offense was moving a little bit, the defense was doing its job, and there was an opportunity for the Huskers to come up with a big road win that would've changed the season around. Texas RB Jamaal Charles ended that in a big way, but the team still showed that it could play a little bit. There's nothing to lose. Nebraska can pull out all the stops, while Kansas has all the pressure in the world on its shoulders. KU likely won't get to the quarterback often, so the chances will be there to bomb away.

Why Kansas might win: The Nebraska Cornhuskers are dead last in America against the run. Let that sink in for a moment. The team that was such a brick wall for so long can't stop anyone from running. Home runs, long drives, pounding in the middle or getting to the corner on the outside, Nebraska can't stop anything. The line is also having major problems getting into the backfield, but getting the running game going will be job one for KU. The Huskers have allowed 1,040 yards in the last three weeks, and more than 300 in each game, while Kansas will shift its balanced attack to hammer away on the ground early on. The KU offensive line should dominate from the opening snap.

Who to watch: With Keller out for the year, it's now up to junior Joe Ganz to run the Nebraska offense and try to pump some life into the team. While he doesn't come across as the NFL-type gunslinger Sam Keller looked like, he has a nice arm, better mobility, and can play. He had a terrific spring, causing some to wonder if it would be Keller under center to start the year. At this point, he becomes the team's big wild card.

What will happen: Kansas always, always takes Nebraska seriously. There won't be any letdown as the Jayhawks look to get a little bit of revenge for all the years of beatdowns. Kansas, who's averaging 54.4 points per game at home, will mix it up for over 500 yards of total offense as it gets more style points in the BCS hunt.

CFN Prediction: Kansas 40 ... Nebraska 14 ... Line: Kansas -19.5

Must See Rating: (5 Heidi Klum on Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - 1 Heidi Klum on Oprah) ... 2.5

sounds about right. I think we will do things to stop them, they will adjust, we have not been able to do that in 4 years with bill and that wont change now. its nice to think that ganz will come in and everything will change. but it wont. we are that bad and they are that good

It's the truth and the truth hurts.

Not so fast my friend!!

I just had to borrow a little Corso line since I'm taking the underdog!! Anyways, I think Nebraska will be a little more fired up than a lot of people think. I know it sucks, but the opportunity to play spoiler can do a lot for a team mentally. Hopefully for Nebraska it will be for the better!! I think Ganz will be lights out, we'll play a decent defensive game and will come out with a "W'. Kansas has had some pretty tight games this year and it's time they lost one.

NU - 28

KU - 21

ROCK NOT CHICKENHAWK!!

Not so fast my friend!!

I just had to borrow a little Corso line since I'm taking the underdog!! Anyways, I think Nebraska will be a little more fired up than a lot of people think. I know it sucks, but the opportunity to play spoiler can do a lot for a team mentally. Hopefully for Nebraska it will be for the better!! I think Ganz will be lights out, we'll play a decent defensive game and will come out with a "W'. Kansas has had some pretty tight games this year and it's time they lost one.

NU - 28

KU - 21

ROCK NOT CHICKENHAWK!!

i can't help but like your enthusiasm, but reality keeps slapping me in the face.

KU 34

NU 17

We practically did that against Texas, though. If we step it up more, KU will not score more than 21. BELIEVE IT!

:-P Hey, I've been saying this for the past few weeks. Soooner or later, we're going to pull it off!

I agree that it is possible. This team has yet to play to its potential. I will be watching, hoping to see it.

I'm just afraid that it is highly improbable. <_<

Not so fast my friend!!

NU - 28

KU - 21

ROCK NOT CHICKENHAWK!!

i can't help but like your enthusiasm, but reality keeps slapping me in the face.

KU 34

NU 17

The "reality" is that the game hasn't happened yet, so we still WILL WIN!! Come on!! GBR!!