Dont touch the Goal posts!

JHaWk

To any visiting Husker fan coming to Lawrence

Dont touch the Goal posts, I hear that they will be electrified, so that no students try to tear

down the goal posts this year..I am sure some drunk college kids will try however

GBR and Rock chalk jayhawk

Ok ... I wont. How about the cheer leaders?? Safe to touch or electrified too??? :)

Dont touch the Goal posts, I hear that they will be electrified, so that no students try to tear

down the goal posts this year..I am sure some drunk college kids will try however

The ONLY reason Nebraska fans would tear down the Goalposts after the game is because the Husker fans will be so angry at the beatdown Nebraska will get... :bang

The ONLY reason Nebraska fans would tear down the Goalposts after the game is because the Husker fans will be so angry at the beatdown Nebraska will get... :bang

back to the original subject..... are they really worried about KU fans trying to tear them down? we dont even have a winning record

I gotta agree with CY on one thing, Cyclone fans are nice. I am not sure why they show so much support, or fired their coach when he had them as good as they ever were, but they are nice and support well considering the only football titles the ever won were in 1911 and 1912, and that was cochamps of the missouri valley. Oww. Gotta give it to em, they are good fans. Not quite as impressive as Big Red or the Aggies, but nice in their own way.

I don't think anyone is tearing down any goalposts this game, that would not seem right for either team. Nebraska is not going to be happy because they want their coach gone and this season to end, and KU is favored by 20, so winning should be expected, Red N or not...

Tear down the goal posts? Wouldn't we have to have a building permit and get an engineer for something on that magnitude? Nebraskans just don't think like that.

Electrifying the goal posts would get someone sued, so I highly doubt that is the case. Usually a little lard takes care of anyone thinking about taking them down...can't see going to some far out extreme. Can you imagine the lawsuits if something went wrong?

tearing down goal posts is what other schools do. your goal posts are safe.

In order to tear down the goal posts, you have to be able to get into the end zone...so yeah, your goal posts are safe...at least until the fourth quarter when the game has usually been out of reach.

Get your jabs in while you can, wee man. :box But just beware of what you say because Nebraska is still Nebraska, which means we know we'll get a great coach to come in here and turn things around. The only question is how long it will take. So don't think that Husker Nation isn't taking every comment into its elephantine memory, which we will use as feul, ala the Patriots, when we embarrass all of you by stuffing that extra "eff you" TD down your throat with our fullback with :15 seconds left in the game when we're already up 52-6. So please, keep it coming.

Just having some fun with you all. I've been a fan of the Huskers since the 70's and I'm taking as much crap about them up here this year as everybody else is. Can't help but like the Cyclones though...no matter how long the odds are, the fans still show up in droves and are either delusional or drunk enough to think they stand a chance of winning. Gotta love a team and fans that know they suck but are going to have a great time upholding their "suckiest" reputation.

I hear you - I was just giving you a hard time. :cheers Though now I feel bad for you that you now have two favorite teams that are crap. I know how you feel though since my other team is UCLA. Both of my teams will be competing for coaches soon!

Tear down the goal posts? Wouldn't we have to have a building permit and get an engineer for something on that magnitude? Nebraskans just don't think like that.

Electrifying the goal posts would get someone sued, so I highly doubt that is the case. Usually a little lard takes care of anyone thinking about taking them down...can't see going to some far out extreme. Can you imagine the lawsuits if something went wrong?

How much Lard?

manginogoalposts.jpg

How much Lard?

manginogoalposts.jpg

The mangino jokes never get old.