Keller or Taylor???

Apathy

NEITHER!!!!!!!!!

They're both rejects or drop-outs from other D-1 programs.

They couldn't cut it there but here, they're a starter.

So was Ferragamo

Also beyond his control to a much lesser extent.

Steve Bartkowski? was the starter at Cal if I remember right..Both played in the NFL..Vince probably never would've made it if not for the transfer to Nebraska.

MCAT needs to take it easy i think they were both good players they were just in bad positions at their previous schools.

It depends what kinda offense you are running, Taylor fit very well in Callahan's offense cause he wasnt asked to go deep very often and had tremendous accuracy. Keller does not fit in Callahan's offense, he is a gunsliger he wants to send everyone deep on every play. He kinda plays like Brett Favre, obviously Favre is possibly the greatest Qb ever but Favre doesnt have the best accuracy, but man he can throw it deep. So if you put Keller in the right system he would do a fantastic job. Heck he did a great job for us in the wrong system.

Hearing people Bash Keller jsut pisses me off, why would you get mad at a guy who comes into a situation that looked great when he got here, but then the wheels fell off, however Keller never complained. He jsut kept going out there giving his all and then after the game was the most sociable player with the media.

I am really excited to see what Ganz can do, but i think husker nation should send Keller a big thank you card for what he did.

MCAT needs to take it easy i think they were both good players they were just in bad positions at their previous schools.

It depends what kinda offense you are running, Taylor fit very well in Callahan's offense cause he wasnt asked to go deep very often and had tremendous accuracy. Keller does not fit in Callahan's offense, he is a gunsliger he wants to send everyone deep on every play. He kinda plays like Brett Favre, obviously Favre is possibly the greatest Qb ever but Favre doesnt have the best accuracy, but man he can throw it deep. So if you put Keller in the right system he would do a fantastic job. Heck he did a great job for us in the wrong system.

Hearing people Bash Keller jsut pisses me off, why would you get mad at a guy who comes into a situation that looked great when he got here, but then the wheels fell off, however Keller never complained. He jsut kept going out there giving his all and then after the game was the most sociable player with the media.

I am really excited to see what Ganz can do, but i think husker nation should send Keller a big thank you card for what he did.

:yeah

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to see similarities between Keller and Favre.

I will have to admit that Zac Taylor is by far my favorite QB to ever play for Nebraska.

Seriously? Zac Taylor is your favorite NU QB ever? Don't get me wrong, I love the kid because he has such moxy, but wow; you're passing by some real gems. For me, I was too young to appreciate Gill or earlier QBs, so Frazier and Crouch are definitely at the top of my list. To each his own, but I've just never heard anyone say that before. He sure was a tough SOB!

Neither. They're both slow pocket passers. Keller has the better arm. Great kids, but both just band-aids in Cali's dysfunctional offense, if you can call it that.

I kind of agree. I like them both, totally appreciate their efforts and all they put into the team. I have to believe you need a mobile, quick footed QB in this system. Prior to the snap, he needs to know what to do if the pocket breaks down, and that's where Zach & Sam struggled. One would get sacked, the other checked down way to soon.

The offensive scheme limited their full potential, unfortunately.

This particular WCO would benefit a QB after two, three years of starting. And in the NFL, you're guy is running it for 5-8 years. College QB is 1-2 years, graduate, then start all over with new guy. Not the best way to build a successful offense IMO.

Which Quarterback is better than the other one and I know Keller only had one year to prove himself but still, who do you think is a better quarterback, Sam Keller or Zac Taylor?

I will have to admit that Zac Taylor is by far my favorite QB to ever play for Nebraska. I know most of you are thinking "What? You liked Zac more than Gill, Frazier, Berringer, Tagge, and Crouch?" Well yes I do like Zac more than those other QB's for the fact IMO that Zac was kindof rebuilding a quarterbacks position in a different direction of a WCO and trying to rebuild the Huskers back to a winning season.

At first I was impressed by Sam Kellers performance but as the weeks went on he wasn't so hot anymore and this year he's only had 2 games, 3 at the most where he's done an excellent job. He hasn't really proven much for the fact that he averages about 2 INTS a game and when he gets pressured he trys to make a play from nothing into something. He just doesn't know how to react under pressure.

My reasonings for why I like Zac Taylor more than Keller is that he's actually brought Nebraska back into the game when they were behind. For example in 2005 he was a huge factor in the ISU game, Texas Tech, OU, K-State and most important a come back behind win over Michigan in the bowl game. In 2006 games such as Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Colorado (Remember when he was walking back to the sideline like he was going to call a timeout and they snapped it to Green for a first down), and Auburn in the bowl game. Zac knew this offense quite well and he knew what to do with the football and boy did he have a cannon of an arm. I just wished that we had Zac Taylor back again this year and I bet you all of my Husker merchandise that we would be at least 10-2 this year maybe even 11-1. We probably would've had a better shot at USC in Lincoln if Taylor was our QB.

Zac Taylor will take a licking and he'll get right back up and it was shown alot during the Michigan bowl game and thats when I had a lot of respect for the guy. Nothing against Keller, it's just he wasn't smart with the football. Zac Taylor gets my vote between these two QB's. Thank you all and GO BIG RED!!!

Sam Keller doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Zac Taylor. Taylor was a leader, keller is not. Taylor is the better qb not question. period.

Ditto...Sam was a sham...

I will have to admit that Zac Taylor is by far my favorite QB to ever play for Nebraska.

Seriously? Zac Taylor is your favorite NU QB ever? Don't get me wrong, I love the kid because he has such moxy, but wow; you're passing by some real gems. For me, I was too young to appreciate Gill or earlier QBs, so Frazier and Crouch are definitely at the top of my list. To each his own, but I've just never heard anyone say that before. He sure was a tough SOB!

Definitely my favorite. Too young to appreciate Frazier although he and Berringer would certainly be at the top of my list had I been old enough to watch them play. Crouch was definitely one of my favorites; what an electrifying guy. But honestly, he's not exactly a model citizen. I'll remember him for his lightning runs, not for his humble personality. <_<

Well obviously Taylor did a lot of good things for NU. He helped Callahan actually have a couple of successful seasons. He didn't throw many interceptions like Keller does but he had the most terrible pocket presence. Keller does more to avoid the rush but still isn't that good at it. Keller can throw deep better but he's not always accurate and also doing that can get it picked off. Obviously Taylor was more successful at Nebraska, so I would have to go with Taylor over Keller.

Cally's offense is better suited for a QB who can throw on the move some. Keller is weak at this (see bootleg last week on the grounding call). Sam is also not as effective on play action than sitting back and surveying say like a shotgun set. That in itself is a liabillity to this WCO. You got to have that type of action to make it (da WCO) that more effective.

Taylor was good throwing on the run and off the play action. Always felt he needed a quicker release.

Keller has the quick release but its only effictive on dink passes. Vince Young can sling it like Sam but can do it 30-40 yds down field. Sam I don't think can.

Taylor picked up the system better in same amount of time although he did have the benefit of actually playing 1 more yr.

Consider other factors. Taylor the edge in the end. Won more ball games career wise.