has any other major college team fallen this hard so fast?

hi all. can anynone think of another major college football program that has fallen this hard this fast after nearly 40 years of domination. some might say oklahoma in the 90's, but wasn't that more gradual? gibbs and had some success and then they bottomed out with blake so it was rather gradual. hell, we played for the conference championship and a BCS bowl last year. maybe notre dame, but they might be excused since they are starting alot of freshmen and sophmores. we are starting guys who have alot of experience and would seem to know what it takes to win.

hi all. can anynone think of another major college football program that has fallen this hard this fast after nearly 40 years of domination. some might say oklahoma in the 90's, but wasn't that more gradual? gibbs and had some success and then they bottomed out with blake so it was rather gradual. hell, we played for the conference championship and a BCS bowl last year. maybe notre dame, but they might be excused since they are starting alot of freshmen and sophmores. we are starting guys who have alot of experience and would seem to know what it takes to win.

Well Notre dame did play in a bcs bowl last year did'nt they? I would say they fell just as hard but Nebraska is making up ground on them.

They didn't dominate for 40 years but SMU hasn't been the same ever since the NCAA gave them the death penalty. What was that, like 20 years ago...?

notre dame and colorado

I know that South Florida has not fallen off the face of the earth like Nebraska, but this team went from #2 in the nation to not being ranked tomorrow morning.

Cincinnati...Time to be 'South Florida' again. :lol:

But they'd beat Nebraska. Bad. <_<

No football historian here either, but I would have to say that no team (besides the Irish this year) with such a proud history, great players, numerous titles, numerous All-Americans over the years, has fallen so hard. And it's not like we're losing close games, some of these are embarrassing. Most points allowed at Memorial Stadium, most points allowed by Nebraska, the list goes on, and that is not a good list to start. For a program with such pride, history, and a knack for winning, this year's Huskers have really dropped the ball, no pun intended. I don't think I could get KU to score 76 points against Nebraska on a video game, let alone did I think it would happen in real life! That's just my two cents.