bandwagon

HSKRNOKC

It is terrible times right now. It is very ironic living in Oklahoma , I have seen this exact same scenario in the nineties with ou.

They had very few fans left. the majority were bandwagon fans.

Now every tom DICK and harry have ou garb.

If you arent a Husker fan the exit door is to the left.

Im not saying being unhappy about this situation is wrong. PLEASE dont misunderstand what I am saying.

We need to rally as fans and not give up on this program. We will be back and a have a gut feeling that Bo Pelini is our Stoops. I hope we get him.

As I said though if you cant support the program in tough times, dont come back when times are good again.

Band wagon fans make me sick.

Is it wrong when you're screaming at the f'ing TV's at the bar hoping to almighty that KU doesn't chalk up 76 points on NU?!?

I was there for this BS...I'll be there when NU is crushing KU again. Great post.

I'm sure TO will be having talks with several people this weekend from boosters to regents to coaches. I can't imagine even he could fathom how low things could sink so quickly. It may take more than TO being a man of his word. It may take him stepping up and admit he made a mistake by making the end of season statement.

We are certainly witnessing the low point of the program. Action must be taken to reverse the course and inaction over the next few weeks would be inexcusable.

It is terrible times right now. It is very ironic living in Oklahoma , I have seen this exact same scenario in the nineties with ou.

They had very few fans left. the majority were bandwagon fans.

Now every tom DICK and harry have ou garb.

If you arent a Husker fan the exit door is to the left.

Im not saying being unhappy about this situation is wrong. PLEASE dont misunderstand what I am saying.

We need to rally as fans and not give up on this program. We will be back and a have a gut feeling that Bo Pelini is our Stoops. I hope we get him.

As I said though if you cant support the program in tough times, dont come back when times are good again.

And as a Sooner fan, I can back up what HSKRNOKC is saying to the hilt: back in the nineties, you couldn't scare up an OU fan in some venues around here. They were very thin on the ground judging by the OU apparel in places like sports bars, restaurants, just walking around the Malls, etc. Then Stoops came in and turned things around, and by golly walk down the street in about any city outside Stoolwater, and it's Crimson & Cream sports wear on Saturdays, and OU flags flying below Old Glory on front yard flagpoles.

One word of caution, though: I stuck with my Sooners, and didn't pull a Peter-heard-the-rooster-crow-act during that time. But there was a certain kind of fan who didn't just stick with our team, but insisted nothing was wrong. I stuck by the Sooners, but I refused to wear the rose-colored glasses about their performance at that time, either.

Anyway, Nebraska will be back. Trust me, I've been right where you are now and I know how it hurts. Thank you for letting me have my say. -JTG

Thanks for the support.

Agreed. As painful as this is, I'm still going to wear my red Nebraska shirt next saturday, and every saturday after that during the season, still wear my Nebraska tie to work for pregame on fridays, still have my ID badge on my Nebraska lanyard, and still take my Husker travel mug into work every morning. Unlike the lady in that one article posted here a while back, I won't take the Nebraska license plate frame off my car for anything.

Go Big Red.

We just returned from going out to dinner in VA. I proudly wear my HUSKER gear & I proudly drive my car with my Husker plates. Times are worst than tough but I still support the HUSKERS, even though it is hard & my office is having a way better time than I am this season. What goes around etc....

Well, I guess most of us have to hate on somebody in the face of all this disappointment and pathetic play. I'd rather it be infighting amongst the fans than hatred for our players.

Here's where I'd throw in something about directing our frustration towards the coaches who earned us this crummy fate, but it seems that we don't need any reminder on that score. I can't wait until we clean house. Two years from now, we'll be back to popping KU in the jaw...

i've given up on this entire season. i knew we were gonna lose at Missouri, and every game since.

BUT...

my passion is still there. i about started to cry when ganz threw that second pick. i just can't take this. i love the huskers, but this season is just killing me. luckily, i don't have a drinking problem.

i've given up on this entire season. i knew we were gonna lose at Missouri, and every game since.

BUT...

my passion is still there. i about started to cry when ganz threw that second pick. i just can't take this. i love the huskers, but this season is just killing me. luckily, i don't have a drinking problem.

I don't have a problem with drinking either!

In all seriousness, I am on the verge of tears right now.

I don't want to analyze or criticize how "good" of a fan people are. That's a ridiculous thing to do - JMO.

But, I will say this.

These are tough times now. But never, ever give up on this team. Never give up on the season while games are still being played.

We've had a lot of sunshine as Husker fans. What if we had 10 years exactly like this season, with some 2005's sprinkled in between? where would the Husker world of fans be? Would there still be a sellout streak? Would we still be the crazy, supportive fans we (are?) today?

Because if the answer is 'no,' then we are no better than those Trojan and Sooner bandwagon fans who hopped off in their dark years. Come on, guys...