bandwagon

HSKRNOKC

It is terrible times right now. It is very ironic living in Oklahoma , I have seen this exact same scenario in the nineties with ou.

They had very few fans left. the majority were bandwagon fans.

Now every tom dick and harry have ou garb.

If you arent a Husker fan the exit door is to the left.

Im not saying being unhappy about this situation is wrong. PLEASE dont misunderstand what I am saying.

We need to rally as fans and not give up on this program. We will be back and a have a gut feeling that Bo Pelini is our Stoops. I hope we get him.

As I said though if you cant support the program in tough times, dont come back when times are good again.

Band wagon fans make me sick.

The fans have not given up on the program. We care about it deeply and that's why we are so unhappy. At times this season it has seemed as though the fans are the only people who care. The coaches certainly do not, and I truly believe that some of the players do not (McKeon, Octavien).

It is terrible times right now. It is very ironic living in Oklahoma , I have seen this exact same scenario in the nineties with ou.

Now every tom DICK and harry have ou garb.

Im not saying being unhappy about this situation is wrong. PLEASE dont misunderstand what I am saying.

We need to rally as fans and not give up on this program. We will be back and a have a gut feeling that Bo Pelini is our Stoops. I hope we get him.

As I said though if you cant support the program in tough times, dont come back when times are good again.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

GBR

I would say most that are still here are true fans. If you stick through this crap your pretty commited

:yeah Very well said.

And as a Sooner fan, I can back up what HSKRNOKC is saying to the hilt: back in the nineties, you couldn't scare up an OU fan in some venues around here. They were very thin on the ground judging by the OU apparel in places like sports bars, restaurants, just walking around the Malls, etc. Then Stoops came in and turned things around, and by golly walk down the street in about any city outside Stoolwater, and it's Crimson & Cream sports wear on Saturdays, and OU flags flying below Old Glory on front yard flagpoles.

One word of caution, though: I stuck with my Sooners, and didn't pull a Peter-heard-the-rooster-crow-act during that time. But there was a certain kind of fan who didn't just stick with our team, but insisted nothing was wrong. I stuck by the Sooners, but I refused to wear the rose-colored glasses about their performance at that time, either.

Anyway, Nebraska will be back. Trust me, I've been right where you are now and I know how it hurts. Thank you for letting me have my say. -JTG

huskersrule95 - Completely agree with your post!

Its easy to be a fan when your team is winning big and your battling for BCS berth or national title. The true fans support the PLAYERS during the hard times. We don't approve of their lousy attitude and poor effort.... and we are very disappointed in the coaching staff.... but we still support the "TEAM". I have to believe that there are a lot of kids on the team who do care and really want to win. Let's stay with them.

No offense, but Nebraska fans haven't seen consistent disappointment since the 1960's. For all the HB members here from that era...kudos...and I'm sorry you have had to re-witness this.

Here is the jist: This is the WORST season...and, truly, the WORST 4 years in Nebraska history...since Nebraska became a perennial power.

If you want to start referencing WW II-esque stats...kiss my ass....but seriously...kiss my ass.

Nebraska fans, regardless of age...HAVE NOT WITNESSED THIS MUCH OF A PITIFUL DISPLAY OF NEBRASKA FOOTBALL.

Well said.

I'm a Husker fan regardless..