Is the door going to hit us in the ass?

Hunter94

i am sure at the time, Os thought waiting until the end of the season was the correct way to handle this thing, but like so many other fans, i am concerned we are losing valuable ground in recruiting and in securing a new coach by waiting to evaluate the season at the end.

my real concern is that Pelini and Johnson along with several other coaches may be getting offers under the table already (we are not the only team that needs new coaches) and we may well be just sh#t out of luck when the time comes to get a proven replacement in here to take over the team.

i just hope Dr. Tom is not trying so hard to live up to such high standards regarding etiquette and sportsman like conduct that we will be shopping at Wal Mart for a new coach when the season is over.

surely Tom would not let us get out foxed on this end of the deal??

i am sure at the time, Os thought waiting until the end of the season was the correct way to handle this thing, but like so many other fans, i am concerned we are losing valuable ground in recruiting and in securing a new coach by waiting to evaluate the season at the end.

my real concern is that Pelini and Johnson along with several other coaches may be getting offers under the table already (we are not the only team that needs new coaches) and we may well be just sh#t out of luck when the time comes to get a proven replacement in here to take over the team.

i just hope Dr. Tom is not trying so hard to live up to such high standards regarding etiquette and sportsman like conduct that we will be shopping at Wal Mart for a new coach when the season is over.

Okay, let me be the first to say it . . .

FIRE TOM OSBORNE!!

There, I've broken the seal. Relax . . . he's heard it before many times.

Tom has been in athletics most of his life. He has been in Congress. He has delt with people of high character, he has dealt with scum bags of the earth. To think that Tom Osborne is going to get out foxed, or left behind just isn't likely. He was not born yesterday. I trust that he is doing exactly what needs to be done.

I think your fears are unfounded. Osborne will make the right decision.

i hope you are right. at this point i have had enough disappointment in this program to last a life time.

I don't have a lot of this in other facets of life, however I have complete faith in Osborne. I forget who said it but I think the quote about TO goes something like this: "Whatever Coach Osborne tells you, he knows about 300% more." I hardly think he will be out-foxed.

Oh for gods sake enough. Dr. Tom is not God ok?

Living up to high standards??? k. whatever.

Oh for gods sake enough. Dr. Tom is not God ok?

Living up to high standards??? k. whatever.

ok, genuis. he is old school and has been out of football for many years. just hoping he knows how to cope in this dog eat dog environment that we live in now. not a totally unfounded concern, if you think about how it was back in Tom's day, when he was coaching, lots of things have changed, not just 911.

I have no doubt that TO will do the right thing, but WTF is he waiting for? He said he is going to evaluate the coaching staff before he makes a decision, but how much more does he really need to see. I'm sorry, but the longer he takes to make changes, the more credibility he loses.

like papersun87 said why cant Tom be making deals "under the table" right now? Then make his decision after the CU game regarding these so called coaches. Instead of Pud firing then looking. Maybe Tom is looking then firing. Remember the plane to pick-up Houston Nutt at ARK? The month or so wait till Callacant fell into Puds lap? Tom is no fool and he can spot a diamond in the rough prolly better than anyone.