Maybe they screwed up there info and he is going to be the next AD at Nebraska. What would you say about that.

I would take him as a head coach. I realy dont see what is wrong with a transition coach right now. get a guy you know for a fact is a good coach that will get this program pointed in the right direction. then hand it off to young guy.

guy you need to think about this. if we get wome young coach that looks really good on paper, but comes here and flops, it could take FOREVER to repair. if you can get him... you take him.

How do you effectively recruit with a transition coach?

Maybe they screwed up there info and he is going to be the next AD at Nebraska. What would you say about that.

I would take him as a head coach. I realy dont see what is wrong with a transition coach right now. get a guy you know for a fact is a good coach that will get this program pointed in the right direction. then hand it off to young guy.

guy you need to think about this. if we get wome young coach that looks really good on paper, but comes here and flops, it could take FOREVER to repair. if you can get him... you take him.

how does penn st recruit? or florida state? those 2 are just like transition coaches. the could retire or die(not trying to mean or funny, just stating the truth) at any second, and they still get talent

just dont tell the kids when your going to retire, and dont announce it as a "transition" coach.

I don't know that we can flop anymore than we already have. Personally I would like a young coach to come in, someone who will stay for awhile and eventually promote within, not someone to just pass time by as a transition coach.

I don't know that we can flop anymore than we already have. Personally I would like a young coach to come in, someone who will stay for awhile and eventually promote within, not someone to just pass time by as a transition coach.

I'm not worried about getting worse.. I just think if we suck for another couple years we might not be able to dig ourselves out

Barry's records at UW

1990 1-10

1991 5-6

1992 5-6

1993 10-1-1

1994 8-3-1

1995 4-5-2

1996 8-5

1997 8-5

1998 11-1

1999 10-2

2000 9-4

2001 5-7

2002 8-6

2003 7-6

2004 9-5

2005 10-3

I know he's an alumnus and all..But he coached at Lexington... and the lowly Big-10 conference.

I'd almost rather go with a WAC coach.

well, i hear there's these guys at buffalo and ohio that have some good ideas.

whut?

I'd also go with a WAC coach before settling for something like this. :yeah

how does penn st recruit? or florida state? those 2 are just like transition coaches. the could retire or die(not trying to mean or funny, just stating the truth) at any second, and they still get talent

just dont tell the kids when your going to retire, and dont announce it as a "transition" coach.

The people we're recruiting against will be sure to remind them..Plus probably show nude pictures of their own coaches wife.

Penn State can probably convince recruits that JoPa will always be there in spirit..And his assistants will (maybe even have) taken over.

Bobby Bowden is pretty much a figure head..His assistants do all the real coaching and they may stay long after they turn Bobby into alligator shoes.

Actually, I've always respected Barry Alvarez..And he coached my HS arch rival long before I played.

I'm just afraid who he'd bring in as assistants..Hey..I hear Cos and Cally might be lookin' fer a job.

:nutz