Worst Defense in School History

We've been playing football for 117 years, and the 2007 Huskers fielded the worst defense in school history:

Nebraska now ranks 118 out of 119 major college football teams in rush defense. The Huskers are now giving up an average of 240.1 yards rushing a game. UAB is giving up 248.7.

In other categories...

Nebraska ranks 112th in total defense, giving up an average of 477.60 yards. This is an amazing statistic, almost 100 yards worse than the previous worst average in a season for any Husker defense. The 1948 defense gave up 379.5 yards a game.

The Huskers have allowed 4,776 yards this season. Nebraska only needs to give up 291 yards to give up more yardage in a season than any Husker defense before it. (Nebraska's 2002 defense gave up 5,067 yards.)

Nebraska ranks 106th in scoring defense, giving up an average of 35.9 points a game. The Huskers have already given up more points (359) than any Nebraska defense in a season. The previous worst was the 2002 team that gave up 335 points, but that was in 14 games.

The Huskers are now 115th in turnover margin.

I think I'll go throw up...

Nebraska now ranks 118 out of 119 major college football teams in rush defense. The Huskers are now giving up an average of 240.1 yards rushing a game. UAB is giving up 248.7.

Holy banana bread! We moved up!

It's a good thing that Pederson won't settle for mediocrity,,,

Pederson's gone now. We can stop saying that, I think. ;)

Any chance at all we can play UAB in a bowl game. A score of like 150 to 140 would be cool... :sarcasm