Callahan pulled a Bush...

You could also say that National Security went to hell in a hand-basket under Clinton similar to the recruiting under Solich. Also welfare people prospered under the Clinton admin like the walk-on program under Frank and the boys. Also I think another similarity between the two is that they both appear better then they actually were because of the lack luster performance of the people that came after them.

This is my last response so we can keep this topic on track. You can have the last word (that was so stinking Crossfire or O'Reilly Factor ight there <_< ) and I'll admit I see where you are coming from even if I don't agree. :thumbs

Clinton also presided over one of the strongest economies in US history and wasn't forced out of office, though. So I'd say Clinton had more success.

:wtf Although this discussion doen't belong here.....

"mr obvious" should know better.

Bush currently presides over the strongest economy in US history, in spite of 9-11, a two front war and tax cuts that actually provided the largest federal tax revenue in US history. The dow hit 15000 on his watch, unemployment levels rival the best in US history, minority home ownership is the highest in US history and I can't get into a frikkin' restaurant after 6pm without waiting in line!!

BTW... Bush wasn't forced out of office either.

On the other hand--

Clinton WAS impeached.

We saw the first attack on America during his watch. He saw the first trade center bombing as a "police matter", preferring to airstrike an empty building and kill a few janitors. He ignored the terrorist activity all around the globe, in spite of the Cole and numerous attacks against Americans and our interests abroad.

His administration stripped the CIA and built the information walls that hindered intelligence gathering that may have prevented another attack in America (per the 911 commission).

Looked America in the eye and lied -- "I did not have sex with that woman." Totally pissed that we would ever doubt him.

Remember Catherine Willy?

▪ First president sued for sexual harassment.

▪ First president accused of rape.

▪ First president to be held in contempt of court.

▪ First president to be impeached for personal malfeasance

In short, Clinton had a few issues himself.

He spent more time chasing tail than he did being pres. I guess that part makes sense. :) Get caught having sex in your workplace with an intern and see what happens!

All the while his "better half", turned her head away from his behavior (well documented back to his days in Arkansas) just to be near political power. Good for her, it may just pay off !!

I said Clinton had more success in his office than Frank Solich did. I know having watched so much O'Reilly Factor puts you at a disadvantage as far as being able to quote somebody in context and then formulating a coherent argument, but seriously man, it's called reading comprehension. They teach it in schools. You know, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND and all of that.

And I don't want to get into this discussion, but this is stretching it:

Bush currently presides over the strongest economy in US history, in spite of 9-11, a two front war and tax cuts that actually provided the largest federal tax revenue in US history. The dow hit 15000 on his watch, unemployment levels rival the best in US history, minority home ownership is the highest in US history and I can't get into a frikkin' restaurant after 6pm without waiting in line!!

Analyzing the economics of the top 1% of society DOES look pretty good for Bush, I guess.

By the way, what happened to that budget surplus we had going into the 2000 elections? How fast did that disappear? Quicker than Nebraska football's relevance disappeared in the same decade, that's for sure.

What is wrong with blasting somebody on their religious beliefs? Why should it be an untouchable subject? Of course he can believe in what he wants to. It's just that if he shows a lack of reasonable thought in his personal life, it just furthers our argument that he doesn't have a clue.

Seems to me from the statements on this board his plan has worked. It got many of you to defend him, when otherwise you were prepared to stone him.

I wanted the guy fired like yesterday. but making fun of him for that is lame.

Please tell me where I said it was ok to "make fun of him?" If someone wants to question his stance or opinion on something, they should be able to, regardless of the subject. He made the statement to the media. If he wanted to keep his religious beliefs private, he should know better than to say that at a press conference.

In addition I believe he did it to deflect criticism. Just my opinion.

I said Clinton had more success in his office than Frank Solich did. I know having watched so much O'Reilly Factor puts you at a disadvantage as far as being able to quote somebody in context and then formulating a coherent argument, but seriously man, it's called reading comprehension. They teach it in schools. You know, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND and all of that.

Sorry, I was using a page from the clinton playbook with a tip of the hat to the Rosie O'Donnell style of "debate".

The clintons didn't support NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. I shoulda been educated during the Bush years.

Budget surplus? No president has had a budget surplus during a war. Turns out they are kind of pricey. The aftermath of 9-11 would have been enough alone to drain a substantial surplus, no modern administration has been faced with such a devastating attack on a major city. Hopefully, no one ever will.

Everyone knows it was very expensive for Bush to change the track of Katrina to pound New Orleans and all the explosives he used to blow up the levees really strained the federal budget. To top it off, getting the planet warmed up is really more costly than he thought.

No stretching required, we do have the strongest US economy of all time .... for now. Perhaps the next administration can fix that, re-distribute the wealth and get rid of those pesky rich.

Thanks for playing.