If Callahan stayed

Apathy

Believe me when I say this I am on that 'I want a new head coach boat' but if Callahan did stay, it would only be because of him hiring a new DC. I'm rooting for Bo or Paul Johnson to get the HC job but I don't think that Callahan should be getting all of this hate talk.

If it wasn't for his butt buddy Coz, we wouldn't be sitting in this boat and that we would've won some huge games this year. I just feel like we're kicking Callahan while he's lying on the ground and Nebraska fans shouldn't be like that. Our defense hasn't really made our team shine in anyway nor has it performed like former blackshirts. I watched the Nov 6th conference and I watched Callahan answer those questions and go ahead and slap me but I felt sorry for the guy, I really did.

I may have been Anti-Callahan for the past few weeks but after all of this talk about resigning and getting fired it's getting old and sad. I could see Callahan coming back next year only if he assigned a new DC but I'm not hoping to see him come back not because I don't like the guy but because I would like to see somebody with more passion for Husker football to take over the HC job.

But here's my question: If we happened to get Callahan back next year, who would you like to come in as our DC?

eeeeeeEEEEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKTTHHHHPPPTHTPPPCCCKKKKKKHKHKHKHKKKH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. That was the sound of me having kittens about what you just said there.

Carry on.

Believe me when I say this I am on that 'I want a new head coach boat' but if Callahan did stay, it would only be because of him hiring a new DC. I'm rooting for Bo or Paul Johnson to get the HC job but I don't think that Callahan should be getting all of this hate talk.

If it wasn't for his butt buddy Coz, we wouldn't be sitting in this boat and that we would've won some huge games this year. I just feel like we're kicking Callahan while he's lying on the ground and Nebraska fans shouldn't be like that. Our defense hasn't really made our team shine in anyway nor has it performed like former blackshirts. I watched the Nov 6th conference and I watched Callahan answer those questions and go ahead and slap me but I felt sorry for the guy, I really did.

I may have been Anti-Callahan for the past few weeks but after all of this talk about resigning and getting fired it's getting old and sad. I could see Callahan coming back next year only if he assigned a new DC but I'm not hoping to see him come back not because I don't like the guy but because I would like to see somebody with more passion for Husker football to take over the HC job.

But here's my question: If we happened to get Callahan back next year, who would you like to come in as our DC?

Beano Cook could be the new D.C. which makes about as much sense as keeping Clownahan around here for 1 second more than necessary... :sarcasm

Beano Cook could be the new D.C. which makes about as much sense as keeping Clownahan around here for 1 second more than necessary... :sarcasm

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it . . . the players are the only--the ONLY--folks that are on that football field. It may give you simple souls big jollies to personally lash out at a designated coach, but watch the next game CAREFULLY. You will see no coaches on the football field.

Those that have played the game at a high level will know exactly what I'm saying. It would be tragic if Osborne's decision was swayed in any manner by the likes of you idiots.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it . . . the players are the only--the ONLY--folks that are on that football field. It may give you simple souls big jollies to personally lash out at a designated coach, but watch the next game CAREFULLY. You will see no coaches on the football field.

Those that have played the game at a high level will know exactly what I'm saying. It would be tragic if Osborne's decision was swayed in any manner by the likes of you idiots.

Where and when did YOU play?

We've got a guy here that has gotten his butt handed to him, in record fashion, in all but two of the games this year. Yet he is doing an "excellent job" by his own estimation. If you were to ask him about it, it "would probably be too technical for you to understand".

Several top 10 recruiting classes have brought us to 112th in total defense. We just got 76 points (look closely, 76 points) hung on us.

Who is responsible for putting the players on the field? Who is responsible for teaching the players the systems and schemes? Who is responsible for designing the systems and schemes? Who is responsible for the organization of practices, trips, meetings, etc.? Who is responsible for decisions during the game? Who calls the plays? Who calls the defenses? If a player is not performing, whose responsibility is it to replace that player? Who is ultimately responsible?

I have played sports all of my life. I only wich that I could have played at that level. But guess what? The fundamentals are the same at all levels. The keys to success are the same at all levels.

I spent my share of time as an officer in the Marine Corps, and I understand the importance of leadership in any organization. Leadership starts at the top. Motivation starts at the top. Learning and training starts at the top.

RESPONSIBILITY starts, and ends, at the top.

If Bill Callahan stayed in Nebraska....

Memorial Stadium's sell out record would be in serious jeopardy

We'd be dead last in the Big XII next year

The suicide rate in Nebraska would increase

Husker Football would lose another year of ground nationally and lose another year of solid recruiting

Tom Osborne's Cardiologist would make more money

We'd have to read more God awful Tom Shatel and Lee Barfbrain articles

My Nebraska flag will remain at half staff

And I thought Callahan was a moron,,,,,

And I thought Callahan was a moron,,,,,

:asshat alert!

Oh get over yourself superdork. Obviously players aren't on the field. Leadership, schemes, accountability all begin with the coaches. It isn't working! In case you forgot, the coaches are the ones being paid with a budget in the millions, not the players. Don't lecture us on 'high level.'

Where and when did YOU play?

We've got a guy here that has gotten his butt handed to him, in record fashion, in all but two of the games this year. Yet he is doing an "excellent job" by his own estimation. If you were to ask him about it, it "would probably be too technical for you to understand".

Several top 10 recruiting classes have brought us to 112th in total defense. We just got 76 points (look closely, 76 points) hung on us.

Who is responsible for putting the players on the field? Who is responsible for teaching the players the systems and schemes? Who is responsible for designing the systems and schemes? Who is responsible for the organization of practices, trips, meetings, etc.? Who is responsible for decisions during the game? Who calls the plays? Who calls the defenses? If a player is not performing, whose responsibility is it to replace that player? Who is ultimately responsible?

I have played sports all of my life. I only wich that I could have played at that level. But guess what? The fundamentals are the same at all levels. The keys to success are the same at all levels.

I spent my share of time as an officer in the Marine Corps, and I understand the importance of leadership in any organization. Leadership starts at the top. Motivation starts at the top. Learning and training starts at the top.

RESPONSIBILITY starts, and ends, at the top.

You nailed that one.

Who exactly is he going to talk into coming thats worth anything and would risk coming for what might only be for a year? While Osborne is the AD now, there still going to be the stigma of assistant coaches and the whole staff possibly only getting one year and then being let go. You can again thank Peterson for that.