College Football Live says.....

That their sources say that Turner Gill will probably be the next coach for NU. They said that a source close to the coaching search program....Interesting...I have a feeling that TO has been evaluating all along. They said that the story out of Lincoln is that the announcement will happen during the by week. I wonder who their source is because we all know that TO has said repeatedly that he will not evaluate Callahan until after the season. The end of the season is after the CU game or if we happen to beat KState and CU then go to a bowl...will it be after the bowl game???

yes please Turner Gill why wouldn't you want him?

I second that. I've read, 'No Turner Gill' but never give a reason why he wouldn't be a head coach. All I hear is that same old lamo, 'He's not ready.' He's been a head coach for 2 years already...what would make him 'more ready'? I'm tired of that excuse. There really isn't a logical reason for not having Turner Gill as our next Head Coach.

That their sources say that Turner Gill will probably be the next coach for NU. They said that a source close to the coaching search program....Interesting...I have a feeling that TO has been evaluating all along. They said that the story out of Lincoln is that the announcement will happen during the by week. I wonder who their source is because we all know that TO has said repeatedly that he will not evaluate Callahan until after the season. The end of the season is after the CU game or if we happen to beat KState and CU then go to a bowl...will it be after the bowl game???

We will not go to a bowl game. That is a moot point now.

Callahan has said that he will not resign and Osborne has said that he will not fire. So we are in a stalemate until the postseason. Do you live in a cave or just a real poor listener?

First, let me start by saying that I love Turner Gill and was/am a huge fan of his..... I felt he needed to stay on the staff and was really disappointed to see him go.....

but, I am not sure that I would be very excited to see him as our next head coach.... Yes, he is popular in the state of Nebraska, but he doesn't have the national recoginition that you would want at a big time program like NU..... recruiting may suffer a bit......

I love him and everything he stands for, but I'm not sold.....

We will not go to a bowl game. That is a moot point now.

Callahan has said that he will not resign and Osborne has said that he will not fire. So we are in a stalemate until the postseason. Do you live in a cave or just a real poor listener?

actually.. we are not out of contention for a bowl game.. so i see it as a possibility still.. we are playing against a kansas state team that is not good either.. they have played their share of close games, but they are not good. i think some seniors are going to want to go out well and hopefully our fans will support them and cheer the whole way.. and we pull out a close, high scoring win.. then we go to colorado.. that is a huge rivalry game.. anything.. and i mean ANYTHING can happen.. if we could pull that out.. we are now bowl eligible.. and if either KU or OU were to make it into the NC game.. that opens up another bowl tie for the big 12.. all im saying is its not a moot point at the moment.. its a possible situation.. its not like what had to happen for the rockies to make the playoffs this year....

I really like Turner Gill and all he did for this program, but i just have a lot of doubts. You are right that the he is not ready talk is one the only thing that keeps popping up. But can you give me some good reasons of why he should be the head coach, besides of the tradition factor and what he did at Buffaloe. Dont get me wrong we need a lot of tradition restored, but we can trust that tradition alone will get us there.

I would rather have Pelini instead of Gill because I really do think Pelini is more prepared to be a head coach. Bo has been second in command on three teams (NU, OK, and LSU) LSU is in the middle of a title hunt right now, while Buffaloe isnt even really hunting for the MAC championship. I think is much easier to take a terrible team and make them decent and much harder to make a great team play great.

Another thing that makes Pelini very atractive is the connections he has in coaching. Just think if he could get Mike Stoops as our DC, now that would be freaking sweet. His brother Karl Pelini is a good coach who would probably get a job.

Pelini is the ultimate motivator which is what we need right now at NU, I think Gill is more like TO in that he is calm and collected and isnt going to get real excited. But right now i think we need somebody who will get some fire in these kids.

Pelini also has the NFL card to play to recruits, but he is proven in college. I think that was one of Callahan's biggest recruiting tools and i think Pelini can use the fact that he has coached for the 49ers, New England and Green Bay.

My ultimate dream team would be Pelini as head coach, Mike Stoops as DC, somehow TO talks Turner Gill into being our OC (which i think would be a step up from the Buffaloe job), and a mix of Pelini's guys, husker guys and a few guys from the current staff as our assistants. Now would be sweet!!!

It's a rumor board so I cant argue. I would have to agree that Turner is what TO likes character wise. And Gill has done some good things with a dead end program. I can see him getting hired. I would not have a problem with that.

I dont think I will have a problem with any coach he hires. And that includes, yes, even Pelini. (If you dont know already, that says a lot coming from me).

anyone that thinks we are going to a bowl game is a dip....get real. Even if offered, this team should turn it down...they deserve the toilet bowl if any bowl, you are living on fantasy island if you really believe that any bowl is in our future.

hahah.. i'll take that as a personal shot at me.. since i pointed out its possible.. note i didn't say i think it will happen.. but you cannot rule it out until we are mathematically out of contention.. last time i looked.. 6-6 is bowl eligible..and that IS a possibility.. not that it will happen.. its just possible..