GOOD RIDDANCE JIM ROSE

OLDMAN

It was a breath of fresh air to hear someone else call the game.

Maybe your next job will be at the drive :woo thru at McDonalds.

Uh, I don't know about the fresh air part, but don't be checking drive throughs looking for Rose.

He has a marketing job for the station and is still on air there.

BEAT KSU!!

Because I'm a new guy and I never saw the other thread.

Besides why NOT start another thread when basically they are all the same?

Just rehash over and over.

<_<

good point oldman. it is just the same BS over and over. i guess that's what happens when the football team is in the toilet and we have to wait for another 10 months for a new season to start. anyway, keep rehashing stuff. i like when people write in and it seems like they are actually offended, which in truth they probably are or why else would they bother writing back pointing it out.

Jim Rose has been an honest, articulate defender of the Huskers this year when doing a call in interview on 810 whb in Kansas City. He took some direct hits. I respect the guy ALOT.

Greg Sharpe, the gent from Topeka who is replacing him for this season, is good. In fact, K Staters often state how much they miss him over their current voice, Wyatt Thompson.

A caller to Greg's show this pm asked if any talks about being a permanent replacement and Greg answered, "no, we are just trying to get through the next couple of weeks."

But he was quoted in the Topeka Crapital Journal this morning that if offered it would be something interesting he'd consider. Also saw on the gopowercat.com message board that the K Staters would hate to lose him to us.

I'll be listening to his call when we are on offense Saturday in the stadium. I hope it is loud for the seniors and other players supporting the D by being LOUD.

It was a breath of fresh air to hear someone else call the game.

Maybe your next job will be at the drive :woo thru at McDonalds.

He's still employed by Host Communications, he just won't be doing the play-by-play. Unfortunately, he's also still doing the morning show on KFAB (he has the same flair for discussing politics that he had calling the Husker games).

All I know is that this weekend when I was listening to the game, I actually knew what the score was and where the ball was after only listening intermittently. So that's better than Rose... I was about to get on here and praise him for doing a decent job... but alas... it wasn't even him.

Listen to NFL announcers and you'll know exactly what is wrong with Rose... you have no idea what the hell is going on in the game when he talks... down... distance... score... none of that.

I think his big problem is that he forgets that he can see the action but people listening can't. He doesn't have to say exactly what's happening at the moment... mess it up and then correct it. He can wait for the play to happen, and then articulate what he saw while the next play is lining up. Patience... down and distance...

All I know is that this weekend when I was listening to the game, I actually knew what the score was and where the ball was after only listening intermittently. So that's better than Rose... I was about to get on here and praise him for doing a decent job... but alas... it wasn't even him.

Listen to NFL announcers and you'll know exactly what is wrong with Rose... you have no idea what the hell is going on in the game when he talks... down... distance... score... none of that.

I think his big problem is that he forgets that he can see the action but people listening can't. He doesn't have to say exactly what's happening at the moment... mess it up and then correct it. He can wait for the play to happen, and then articulate what he saw while the next play is lining up. Patience... down and distance...

Alright, I kinda understand. But for me I listen to the Huskers on radio, because I can't see it. When I lived in Lawrence, KS, I could always go to the game or catch it on TV. Now that I'm in Texas I don't have that option and I am thrilled to pick it up on the net. I listen to pro announcers all the time. I used to listen to Len and Mitch while I watched KC games. They may not have been the best but I loved Mitch's excitement and Len's critical bastardness. Down here in Cypress, TX I listen to every Texans game and those announcers do a hell of job also. I guess bottom line I just don't look for THAT much out of the radio announcer. I just like someone that gets a little excited and keeps me entertained. I'm just happy as hell I get to listen to the team I love no matter who is telling me about it. I'll nit pick that the next time we are 10-0.

I like the new guy.

Never could stand Rose's rants and girlie excitability.

But I've only listened to him a very few times this year.

Only when they weren't on TV.

Now for the past 5 games I refuse to watch or listen to any of their games because they suck!

IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN A PROUD PROGRAM AND REDUCED IT TO SHAMBLES!

Now for the past 5 games I refuse to watch or listen to any of their games because they suck!

"..... We'll all stick together, in all kinds of weather ....."

Well, except for you fair weather fans. What a joke. But I'm sure you'll be back watching every game when things turn around. And claim to be a die hard fan all along, through thick and thin.

Jim Rose has been an honest, articulate defender of the Huskers this year when doing a call in interview on 810 whb in Kansas City. He took some direct hits. I respect the guy ALOT.

Greg Sharpe, the gent from Topeka who is replacing him for this season, is good. In fact, K Staters often state how much they miss him over their current voice, Wyatt Thompson.

A caller to Greg's show this pm asked if any talks about being a permanent replacement and Greg answered, "no, we are just trying to get through the next couple of weeks."

But he was quoted in the Topeka Crapital Journal this morning that if offered it would be something interesting he'd consider. Also saw on the gopowercat.com message board that the K Staters would hate to lose him to us.

I'll be listening to his call when we are on offense Saturday in the stadium. I hope it is loud for the seniors and other players supporting the D by being LOUD.

I've heard Greg Sharpe a lot on KSU broadcasts over the years, and I always thought he was one of the better play-by-play announcers around. I hope he stays.