NU A 7 POINT DOG AT HOME!

OLDMAN

I'm old. Live in Oklahoma (yuck) a devoted liberal and I support the Huskers no matter what. I went to school at NU in the very early 80's and adore TO, TG, MR, IF and the rest of them. I am completely confident that the Huskers will rise to greatness again. i wear my Nebraska Football cap every day come hell or high water. Do I care if I get horrible service in Oklahoma City because of my cap? Hell no!! True Blue Fan always, no matter what. Fly the colors. GO BIG RED!!!!

Blutch

If that doesn't make them mad enough to play hard I don't know WHAT will!

But you know I'm hoping for another blow out by the other team.

I love it when all the liberal fans out there start to be passive and say "Support the team!"

The thing is NU is putting out a BAD product and this is business.

Empty the stands ......and maybe next year they will lower the price of tickets just like a business would do.

Did you actually think the Huskers would be favored!! They'd probably be an underdog to Notre Dame... :hmmph

:cheers

I love it when all the liberal fans out there start to be passive and say "Support the team!"

Empty the stands ......and maybe next year they will lower the price of tickets just like a business would do.

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez

I'm old. I'm a Reagan Consertive (which I don't think has anything to do with my fan-hood). I'm a 37 year member of Husker Nation and I stand, head held high, shoulder to shoulder, supporting our young men no matter what, till the day I die.

Saturday I will be in my favorite adult beverage emporium, my daughter seated at my left hand cheering on our Huskers. The only thing that keeps us from being in Lincoln is the fact that her high school team will be playing for the state championship Sat. night. Next year she will be a freshman at the University of Nebraska and I will have to find another designated driver. We love our Huskers and ask nothing in return.

Empty the stands? Not If I have to buy the last available ticket, no matter what the price!!!

Am I questioning your fan-hood? Damn right! Just bring it!!

...T_O_B

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez:angry::angry::bonez

G B R

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

It will be interesting to see what Cosgrove does this weekend. Will he send the farm like he did against Texas, or will he play soft like the other 9 games. It kills me to watch this defense. K State will kill us with slants, unders, stops and anything else they want to run against us if we continue to give 8-10 yard cushions and get no pass rush. Freeman weighs a metric ton, we gotta bring the heat and let our corners man up. The D had life against Texas (first 3 quarters) due to finally getting to be the aggressor. All they other games we've let the opposing team dictate the game. This is not the blackshirts. The blackshirts dictate the way the game is played, you take what we give you. I think, depending solely on the defense this week, we'll either win, or get blown out. All comes down to Cosgrove.

That is sillines... give up the ONE decent thing we have left, our sellout record? Yeah, lets just lie down and give it away to Michigan... are you kidding me!?

Keep coming, keep cheering LOUD and always keep the faith. The silver lining of all of this is now we will appreciate the games when we are stomping mudholes in our opponents because we know what its like to be on the receiving end of it. We got spoiled, lets face it. How many games did you leave early because we were up 40 and 50 points? Never, ever give up your tickets and buy whatever you can get your hands on. The fans are a BIG PART of what made this program rise to the pinnacle of college football. WE ARE THE BEST FANS, no question! I was at the KU game, and as much as I wanted to smash the faces of the KU fans, I showed them respect and they showed it back... do unto others, etc.

Enough of my rant... get out to the game this weekend and support those Seniors... its not entirely their fault, they do what they are told! The people getting PAID are to blame... :madash

:cheers

I'm old. I'm a Reagan Consertive (which I don't think has anything to do with my fan-hood). I'm a 37 year member of Husker Nation and I stand, head held high, shoulder to shoulder, supporting our young men no matter what, till the day I die.

Saturday I will be in my favorite adult beverage emporium, my daughter seated at my left hand cheering on our Huskers. The only thing that keeps us from being in Lincoln is the fact that her high school team will be playing for the state championship Sat. night. Next year she will be a freshman at the University of Nebraska and I will have to find another designated driver. We love our Huskers and ask nothing in return.

Empty the stands? Not If I have to buy the last available ticket, no matter what the price!!!

Am I questioning your fan-hood? Damn right! Just bring it!!

...T_O_B

G B R

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

EXCELLENT POST!! :yeah

What do you mean by that? What's wrong with supporting the team? And why does saying "support the team" make you a "liberal?"

Man, I'm finding a lot of your posts confusing!

Hahha I don't get it either... hmmm ... I suppose you could look at the "rah rah" support the team nomatter what idiotic stuff it does as "conservative," too. I mean, listen to right-wing talk radio? :) Of course, liberal/conservative doesn't factor into this... probably...

Do you want the players to start paying attention to what the betting 'spread' is? Do you want them to start changing how they play because of the 'spread'. Your post makes this accusation or challenge.

I think all he meant was that being an underdog at home against KSU could be used as motivation for this week, not that they change how they play based on the spread week to week. At this point, we should be grasping at anything that might provide a spark.

"I'm a fairly new member, and I'm old, too.

I'm a liberal, too. that's fairly rare here in Kansas, or in Nebraska, either.

Guess what? I do support my team, Nebraska, no matter what."

Ken, is that you? I was commenting on the angry posts by OLDMAN. Are you a multi poster under the member name pctopeka too?

Nah, I'm just another old, liberal former Nebraska native who has the misfortune to live in Topeka. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.