T.O. Loves Uban Meyer's Offense

• 2 weeks later...

Since it has been reported that Dr. Tom likes what Urban Meyer has done with his offensive scheme maybe he will try to hire Meyer's Offensive Coordinator, Dan Mullen. Here's his bio:

http://www.gatorzone.com/insidefootball/coaches/?bio=mullen

hell, everyone likes Meyer's system, especially with Tebow at qb......he is 60% of the offense on that team.

they would not look nearly as good without him.

A lot would depend on who he could get as a DC. It would have to be someone who is strong on experience and a proponent of stout defence with a lot of speed. Only problem being if you get someone like this you lose them after a coupl,e of years.

...T_O_B

This is the whole issue...I don't really care if TO hires and offensive guy. However that bodes the question of the quality coach that will be hired as a DC. Look at the 2 of the prev 3 DC's at NU, Bohl and Coz. The offenses are pretty good but bad Defenses. I'd rather have a great Defensive HC and bring in a pretty good OC. You need to have a good D to win championship's. Your offense doesn't have to be near as good. :)

Everyone loves a winner. No surprise there.

I wouldn't go that far. How many teams were running out to recruit the best option QB's when we were dominating everyone in the mid-90's?

I think the reason the spread is so popular is the fact that some teams can't get the best talent every year. Look at West Virginia. I think they've only had 1 or 2 top 25 recruiting classes in the last 5 years. If you can't get the best, run the best offense that neutralizes the best defenses. Plus, the NFL is changing to a more mobile type QB that is adequate to good at running the ball and good to great at throwing the ball.

I wouldn't go that far. How many teams were running out to recruit the best option QB's when we were dominating everyone in the mid-90's?

I think the reason the spread is so popular is the fact that some teams can't get the best talent every year. Look at West Virginia. I think they've only had 1 or 2 top 25 recruiting classes in the last 5 years. If you can't get the best, run the best offense that neutralizes the best defenses. Plus, the NFL is changing to a more mobile type QB that is adequate to good at running the ball and good to great at throwing the ball.

Those QBs aren't productive in the NFL. You have to get the ball to wide receivers in the NFL to win. For every mediocre Vince Young or Michael Vick there are a hundred Tovaris Jacksons.

Who cares if the QB running it get's to the NFL? It only needs to be good enough to help win Championships at the college level. :) Look at Ganz, good college QB, doubtful if he even gets a sniff from pro scouts to be a QB let alone any other position. :( Sucks for him, but great for us.

Since it has been reported that Dr. Tom likes what Urban Meyer has done with his offensive scheme maybe he will try to hire Meyer's Offensive Coordinator, Dan Mullen. Here's his bio:

Bo Pelini has stated that when he becomes a head coach his team will run an Urban-Meyer-like spread offense "only better".

Bo Pelini has stated that when he becomes a head coach his team will run an Urban-Meyer-like spread offense "only better".

And Cally said "we'll take what we want." <_<