what's different with the passing

Ganz has very good pocket awareness. Better than Zach and Sam. Also, he has quicker feet, dropping back quickly and a little deeper in the pocket. The play can actually develop b/c of this, plus his mobility can buy a little more time to look up field. His release is quicker too. It's not a windup. And finally, I think he throws a very nice ball. It's not a laser or too soft. It's very catchable.

i would have loved to see what Sam could have done with more than one year in the system.

just look at the difference from year one to year two with Zach. the players trusted Zach and had confidence in him.

i think that the players knew that Sam was a good QB but didnt really have the confidence that he knew the system.

i think that he would have been better off if he would have been taking snaps with the Offense last year instead of running the scout team.

Personnally, I wish we had Freeman. He looked good when he was running like a scared little girl on that 4th and 24 at the end of the first half!! :corndance:corndance

Do you mean for entertainment purposes all season long, rather than just for one game?

I have to say, I was unhappy when Freeman de-committed, but I cannot complain with Zac Taylor, Sam Keller and Joe Ganz so far. These kids have HEART.

Personnally, I wish we had Freeman. He looked good when he was running like a scared little girl on that 4th and 24 at the end of the first half!! :corndance:corndance

Do you mean for entertainment purposes all season long, rather than just for one game?

I have to say, I was unhappy when Freeman de-committed, but I cannot complain with Zac Taylor, Sam Keller and Joe Ganz so far. These kids have HEART.

Ya, I agree with you, I was just joking around...

Here's the difference in passing today, taken from the "official" play-by-play....

Comlpetions 0-9 yards = 6

Completions 10-19 yards = 12 (acutally 13, but penalty negated one for 17 yards)

Completions 20-29 yards = 8

Completions 30-39 yards = 4

24 of 30 for more than 10 yards...

Joe Ganz is absolutely NOT afraid to let a receiver go get a ball!!!

I think this is more ganz v Keller. Has the playcalling changed with Ganz....no , but Ganz is looking downfield more versus Keller who looked short and dumps.

Ganz reminds me of a MOntana type cat. Has a rag arm, but his timing is awfully good right now.

Actually, the play calling has improved drastically in the last few games. The choices are better and we are establishing the run some, finally. The O-line is actually giving the QB time to throw. Receivers are running good routes and getting open. And so on...

It's got far more to do with overall team production than Ganz vs. Keller.

But does all this occur but simply having a different QB??? Very few dropped passes, blocking is much improved and RB's are seeing the holes and field better. This is the players getting better???

One can claim it all has to do with a different QB, but I'd bet it has more to do with a lot of things.

Has Ganz helped spark the offense? I'd say probably, he's well-liked and has paid his dues, something players respect. But it's not like we have any evidence the players don't like or respond well to Keller, but it's true Ganz probably helps by bringing in a fresh start, so to speak.

But the team looked better against Texas for much of the game, while Keller was in. Keller had some outstanding games earlier in the season when the team was actually playing better. For much of the season Keller suffered under frequent pressure, 3rd and longs, no running game, etc. Those are tough conditions to play under, and only enhanced his biggest weakness...reading coverages.

Ganz comes in with a team that has been starting to pull it together ever since the Texas game. Yes, we got destroyed by KU, but they still were showing signs of bringing it together even then. Now comes Senior Day and everyone comes out with passion. Everyone is executing, the crowd is finally into it, Ganz has all day to throw, receivers are pumped and getting separation so they're open, the running game is working, etc.

I'm not taking anything away from Ganz, because he played great. But the circumstances he has come in with are far different than what Keller dealt with for much of the season. It's just really difficult to compare.

:yeah

It's hard telling what Keller would have done with the kind of protection that Ganz had today. I don't want to detract from what Ganz did, because he was spectacular, but it is an apples v. oranges comparison. The whole team has been playing better.

Sam didnt take any time to study the play as it unfolded because he isnt mobile and wouldnt go on his own to make the play therefore he checked down to lucky or threw it away alot.

Joe can see when something is starting to open up and he puts the ball where it needs to be or he makes it happen with his feet.

Bottom line joe is the better back for college ball.

Sam didnt take any time to study the play as it unfolded because he isnt mobile and wouldnt go on his own to make the play therefore he checked down to lucky or threw it away alot.

Joe can see when something is starting to open up and he puts the ball where it needs to be or he makes it happen with his feet.

Bottom line joe is the better back for college ball.

:yeah

I had many laughs at his expense and the KSU fans around me. I'm glad he didn't end up at NU. That personal foul that he drew from Dixon when he just fell down pretty much summed up what a drama queen he is. I think QUEEN is the optimal word.