What If?

I see a lot of Callahan haters on this board and I was just curious that what if Osborne doesn't fire Callahan? I think Callahan is gone but what if the GREAT Dr. Tom Osborne decides to keep Callahan and get rid of Cosgrove? What will everyone think? How woulld you react? Just Hypothetical?

Obviously, if we beat Colorado, it muddies this topic. I think a lot may depend on Callahan's attitude.

Osborne may NOT fire Callahan if we beat CU and win the Buttsteak Bowl.

their will be a press conference the monday after the Colorado game win or lose, bank on it. Osborne know's what's best for Nebraska.

Right. Osborne has now said twice that there would be a "new coaching staff" (in that TV interview slip and then to recruit Simi Kuli). The only question is will Osborne fire Cally after the Colorado game if we win and have Watson coach the bowl game? I'm guessing he wouldn't fire a coach right on the heels of a win against a rival.

their will be a press conference the monday after the Colorado game win or lose, bank on it. Osborne know's what's best for Nebraska.

Right. Osborne has now said twice that there would be a "new coaching staff" (in that TV interview slip and then to recruit Simi Kuli). The only question is will Osborne fire Cally after the Colorado game if we win and have Watson coach the bowl game? I'm guessing he wouldn't fire a coach right on the heels of a win against a rival.

probably not, he wouldn't want to look like f'ing Ped.......

I agree that he is going to be fired. But, I was watching the game today with a fellow husker fan out west and we started talking about how Lincoln would react if Osborne didnt fire him. It was just an intersting conversation that I had with him so I wanted to hear what some other people have to say.

I agree that he is gone and I think that he should be but what if Osborne fires Cosgrove and other Assitants and decides to give Callahan one more year. Will you be outraged at Osborne or will you trust his judgment?

I see a lot of Callahan haters on this board and I was just curious that what if Osborne doesn't fire Callahan? I think Callahan is gone but what if the GREAT Dr. Tom Osborne decides to keep Callahan and get rid of Cosgrove? What will everyone think? How woulld you react? Just Hypothetical?

*throws grenade*

*then kicks to the floor, spits in face, punches, and kicks again....then puts unblown up grenade in mouth, and kicks again*

I agree that he is going to be fired. But, I was watching the game today with a fellow husker fan out west and we started talking about how Lincoln would react if Osborne didnt fire him. It was just an intersting conversation that I had with him so I wanted to hear what some other people have to say.

I agree that he is gone and I think that he should be but what if Osborne fires Cosgrove and other Assitants and decides to give Callahan one more year. Will you be outraged at Osborne or will you trust his judgment?

i would personally be pissed, as it appears Watson has the only offensive genius on the whole staff and that is questionable.

KSU and CU are average teams. CU is below .500 now and KSU is at it. Those are decent wins but not a big deal. It will still mean we have one win over a team that managed a winning freaking record and are only 6-6 overall. A well-coached squad wouldn't do worse than 9-3.

I wouldn't advocate BC staying but as long as TO makes it clear that certain changes are made I would grin and bear-it. We gotta change D-staff and reverse the "culture change" that has led us away from being fundamentally-sound and hardnosed like the old husker teams.

Obviously, if we beat Colorado, it muddies this topic. I think a lot may depend on Callahan's attitude.

If CU lost to NU, and that led to Callahan being kept on for another year... well, that'd just be the ultimate in cold comfort for me :lol:

Do you go away after 11/23 either way? Aren't there any fans of CU interested enough to start their own fan board? Or are you just another Husker "wannabe"? Take your one (shared) NC - thanks to the "5th down" AND the "phantom block in the back call" - and haul it up one of your mountains until you run out of oxygen.

If CU lost to NU, and that led to Callahan being kept on for another year... well, that'd just be the ultimate in cold comfort for me :lol:

Do you go away after 11/23 either way? Aren't there any fans of CU interested enough to start their own fan board? Or are you just another Husker "wannabe"? Take your one (shared) NC - thanks to the "5th down" AND the "phantom block in the back call" - and haul it up one of your mountains until you run out of oxygen.

I am watching CU tearing each other apart over on All Buffs as many are falling off the Hawkins band wagon! It's actually entertaining to watch over there!

I think Bill will be gone, too, by the Monday after CU, especially after the "slips." But TO does look for the best in people, even if they have been disrespectful of him.

And again, Cally's attitude only appears to be helping himself get a buyout.

But, we still stand the chance of a winning season. We knew how SP worked, and it's opposite how TO works.

I was just thinking about this same scenario earlier today. Sure, it's possible - anything is - but doesn't look to probable.

I would look forward to another 5 loss season and hope for the best.