Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

I listened to the post game call-in show and several callers commented that when Callahan walked through the tunnel after the game he was by himself and did not acknowledge the fans who were obviously excited and trying to congratulate him, etc. One guy said it was as if Callahan was giving a big "F You" to the fans.

I listened to the post game call-in show and several callers commented that when Callahan walked through the tunnel after the game he was by himself and did not acknowledge the fans who were obviously excited and trying to congratulate him, etc. One guy said it was as if Callahan was giving a big "F You" to the fans.

I was listening to ESPN radio during half-time and I think they are right we need someone that is in the Husker Family not an outsider who is trying to change everything. I really miss watching our massive defense kick some ass every Saturday we need to get back to the way it was, feed them boys some corn and good Nebraska beef and go kick some ass :bonez

Some fans deserve a big F-U. They want to skin him alive when they lose and when he wins they say good job but they still skin him alive for not playing Ganz. I say F-U to some fans, they're idiots for how they act. Would you be all happy and jolly when these are the same fans that hated you all year. Or treat your family like $hit. No you wouldn't forget that. He knows he gone so he doesn't have to kiss the fans asses.

I did! I sit in the northwest corner. He was off the field immediately following his "meeting" with Prince at the center of the field. The rest of the coaches and the players went over to sing the fight song with the band and the student section.

Not really sure what he was thinking, but I certainly think it was just one more poor decision by him.

He doesn't have much time left to make that many more poor dicisions. I am just really happy for the players to have gotten this win, especially the seniors.

agree. JHC- what do you people want? You bitch when the teams loses, blame him, slam him and his family. He and the team win and win big and STILL you complain because he didn't acknowledge each and every one of the fans in the tunnel. Well I call BS. He doesn't owe any of you sh$t. You expect that he will embrace you all now? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK.

Has he ever talked to fans or anything like that on his way through the tunnel? It's an honest question, I don't really know. But if he never acknowledges fans in the tunnel, why should he start now? If he normally does, then it would look bad, yes.

I wonder that too. I can't imagine he ever did in the first place cuz they were yelling that he sucks and he's a loser. If I got yelled at for 5 weeks and told I suck and I'm a loser and my kids got ridiculed by these same fans children and treated like the fans have treated him then I would just go about my business knowing my time here is coming to an end. He doesn't owe the fans anything because they sure as hell didn't support him in a tough time like this.

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Not as shameful as how he's been treated for 5 weeks. THAT'S SHAMEFUL!

Or the way he coached for 5 weeks. That is shameful!

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Not as shameful as how he's been treated for 5 weeks. THAT'S SHAMEFUL!

Let's see - Cally has spent four years here tearing down everything that made this program great. I'm not talking about anything that happens on the field - I'm talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, like the huge walk-on program (pared down to nothing under Callahan), our ties with former coaches and players (gone - they're not welcome amongst the new coaches) and the fans (coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

You are defending a guy who has destroyed what Husker Football was all about. A guy who is more interested in how things look than how things are. A guy who is more interested in saying nothing rather than saying something of substance. Callahan has not been a man of his word to the very fans who make Husker Nation great.

And you're defending that?

Dude, where's your head?

I think SOME fans have been out of line. But Callahan has brought all the tragedy upon himself.

One or two wins at the end of the season aren't going to overshadow the problems with his program.

Adios, Billy. Don't let the door hit you and your buddies in the arss on the way out with your bags of money.