Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

I listened to the post game call-in show and several callers commented that when Callahan walked through the tunnel after the game he was by himself and did not acknowledge the fans who were obviously excited and trying to congratulate him, etc. One guy said it was as if Callahan was giving a big "F You" to the fans.

Good lord. With continued crap like this, and if you consider yourself a "fan," I can see why he would send a big F-U your way.

Quite honestly, he isn't a media whore. He has always avoided the media, and he is pretty private as a whole. He is just trying to do his job.

Agree.

He's always been a quick answer and out person. Not one to stand w/ a reporter and stuff like that. Now that's a bad thing. Whatever. I'd send a big FU to all of the people too.

Now everyone is bitching just to bitch.

WE DID WIN DIDN'T WE???

I'm not talking about the bad play if you would read my posts. I'm talking about the way his and the other coaches families have been treated. I'm not saying he's a good coach and I said I don't want him to coach next year but forgive me for defending someone because of the off the field barrage his and the coached family has gotten and then when he isn't so forgiving and forgetting when fans say good job, and no one has even said he acknowledged fans in the first place after game. My point is he's under such a microscope that when he does a good coaching job today that he's still $hit on for not acknowledging fans like he should bow down and kiss their feet. It's obvious that people want to just rip him no matter what when they WIN 73-31 and they have to find something to bitch about so they find this!

HELLOOOOOO!!!! This is a FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

Dude, get a clue! If you want to talk about family issues, GO HERE.

In this forum we focus on the job he's done as a coach, and he's done an exceedingly sh#tty job of it here. If you're here to defend how he coaches, expect to get flamed. If you want to talk about how his family has been treated... use the link.

I didn't start the thread buddy. It wasn't about football when it started so why do I have to make it about football now??!!

This thread isn't about his family, yet you're bringing that up, buddy.

This thread IS about what Bill Callahan did AT THE FOOTBALL GAME, however. See how that works?

Family stuff belongs on family forums. Football stuff belongs here. Get it straight.

The thread is about WHY he did what he did! It was NOT started to talk about football! Read the first post and topic. It has NOTHING to do with FOOTBALL, so until the MODS move this thread to a "family Forum" i'm posting it here in the thread that IS RELEVANT. And I'm telling you WHY he did what he did and THAT involves the treatment of others. It IS relevent because people wanted to know WHY he didn't acknowledge the fans. THAT is what the thread is about and I have stuck on the topic and given my reasons WHY he didn't acknowledge them.

The thread is about WHY he did what he did! And I'm telling you WHY he did what he did and THAT involves the treatment of others. It IS relevent because people wanted to know WHY he didn't acknowledge the fans. THAT is what the thread is about and I have stuck on the topic and given my reasons WHY he didn't acknowledge them.

So.... when did Callahan tell you that the reason he ignored his team and 85,000 Husker Fans is because of how his family has been treated?

Are you sure you're not projecting your feelings on to this situation?

The thread is about WHY he did what he did! And I'm telling you WHY he did what he did and THAT involves the treatment of others. It IS relevent because people wanted to know WHY he didn't acknowledge the fans. THAT is what the thread is about and I have stuck on the topic and given my reasons WHY he didn't acknowledge them.

So.... when did Callahan tell you that the reason he ignored his team and 85,000 Husker Fans is because of how his family has been treated?

Are you sure you're not projecting your feelings on to this situation?

No, I gave my Opinion, just like everyone else is giving their opinion. That's what message boards are about, opinion. It has been chronicled that what has happened to his family and other coaches families and I'm drawing conclusions and my argument is as good as anyone elses. And I'm glad you finally acknowledge this isn't a football thread and it wasn't my doing.

The OMH reported that Callahan said he left right away because it was about the players making a big win, not him. Plus, the Nebraska fans have been been downright hateful to BC and company, to the point of being cruel and heartless. He knows he's gone, so why does he need to blow smoke and play nice. He knows he's getting his multi million dollar payout regardless. He's moving on, why can't the fans.

I'm not talking about the bad play if you would read my posts. I'm talking about the way his and the other coaches families have been treated. I'm not saying he's a good coach and I said I don't want him to coach next year but forgive me for defending someone because of the off the field barrage his and the coached family has gotten and then when he isn't so forgiving and forgetting when fans say good job, and no one has even said he acknowledged fans in the first place after game. My point is he's under such a microscope that when he does a good coaching job today that he's still $hit on for not acknowledging fans like he should bow down and kiss their feet. It's obvious that people want to just rip him no matter what when they WIN 73-31 and they have to find something to bitch about so they find this!

HELLOOOOOO!!!! This is a FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

Dude, get a clue! If you want to talk about family issues, GO HERE.

In this forum we focus on the job he's done as a coach, and he's done an exceedingly sh#tty job of it here. If you're here to defend how he coaches, expect to get flamed. If you want to talk about how his family has been treated... use the link.

I didn't start the thread buddy. It wasn't about football when it started so why do I have to make it about football now??!!

This thread isn't about his family, yet you're bringing that up, buddy.

This thread IS about what Bill Callahan did AT THE FOOTBALL GAME, however. See how that works?

Family stuff belongs on family forums. Football stuff belongs here. Get it straight.

The thread is about WHY he did what he did! It was NOT started to talk about football! Read the first post and topic. It has NOTHING to do with FOOTBALL, so until the MODS move this thread to a "family Forum" i'm posting it here in the thread that IS RELEVANT. And I'm telling you WHY he did what he did and THAT involves the treatment of others. It IS relevent because people wanted to know WHY he didn't acknowledge the fans. THAT is what the thread is about and I have stuck on the topic and given my reasons WHY he didn't acknowledge them.

Maybe he just ignores squeaky wheels. I should probably do that, too. His first allegiance is to his players. I'm fairly certain that you and your ilk are far, far down the list of his concerns. I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.

Here's a FACT . . . switch coaches, and you will have a certain number of PO'd players on the team over the next 4 years . . . and some may undermine the team as much as #51 has all season.

Check out the films, watch him, and get back to me.

The OMH reported that Callahan said he left right away because it was about the players making a big win, not him. Plus, the Nebraska fans have been been downright hateful to BC and company, to the point of being cruel and heartless. He knows he's gone, so why does he need to blow smoke and play nice. He knows he's getting his multi million dollar payout regardless. He's moving on, why can't the fans.

I'm glad I got someone else to back me up in this fight. I've been taking a lot of heat. LOL, if you ask me, hell, it's kind of classy. But too little too late sorry to say...

Uh, he's not leaving. Get used to it. Toxic message boards like this mean nothing at all to those in the program and administration.

Uh, he's not leaving. Get used to it. Toxic message boards like this mean nothing at all to those in the program and administration.

I know they don't mean anything, but it's easy to see how bridges have been burned on both parts and it's best for all involved to just part ways. Everyone will be happier in the end with a fresh start after this horrid season. The administration does pay attention to that and does not want to have things go badly for all involved.

can anyone tell me if Tom Osborne stayed on the field celebrating after winning a game and singing the fight song with the players, the band, and the student section?

come on ladies and gentlemen are you kidding me......this has to be the biggest stretch that i have ever seen.

just another thing for people to bitch about, so it makes me realize that some people are only happy if they are bitching

whats next, going to bitch about Beau Davis getting some PT in the 4th qtr, and not letting Ganz get 600 yards passing