Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Not as shameful as how he's been treated for 5 weeks. THAT'S SHAMEFUL!

Or the way he coached for 5 weeks. That is shameful!

So you're justifying blood thirsty hate mongerring and a lynch mob mentality because of bad coaching calls? Sure he didn't coach well but it's not about HIM, it's about how the coaches families and children have been treated. When that line was crossed by the fans, which is was with Cosgrove's kid in a HS football game and Callahans family just moving to not deal with anything, that is disgraceful. Hell of a lot more shameful than a bad coaching job. THEN those same fans standing over the walkway want to make amends and they get mad when he doesn't kiss their asses, it's ridiculous! He doesn't need them and in a couple weeks we won't need him anymore either. I don't know why fans can't just be civil and let him be after a win. I don't want him to coach next year either but I don't tear him down like "the best fans in college football". :box

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Let's see - Cally has spent four years here tearing down everything that made this program great. I'm not talking about anything that happens on the field - I'm talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, like the huge walk-on program (pared down to nothing under Callahan), our ties with former coaches and players (gone - they're not welcome amongst the new coaches) and the fans (coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

You are defending a guy who has destroyed what Husker Football was all about. A guy who is more interested in how things look than how things are. A guy who is more interested in saying nothing rather than saying something of substance. Callahan has not been a man of his word to the very fans who make Husker Nation great.

And you're defending that?

Dude, where's your head?

I'm defending human civil behavior and the fickleness of what people expect. If you feel his children and the coaches children should be treated like they are for his coaching actions then where's you head at?

I think it's mostly a case of wishing people would criticize him for actual issues.

For instance, if this is really his typical behavior as I suspect, then saying it's like a big FU to the fans is really reaching. It's just Callahan being Callahan in that case.

There's plenty of real things to criticize him about.

LMAO you sure you aren't Mrs Bill Callahan??!!! Callahan can blame no one but himself for the way this team has performed! Loyalty to his bud Coz and his own ego is what is going to cost him is coachng career in Nebraska! No fan had anything to do with that!

Let's see - Cally has spent four years here tearing down everything that made this program great. I'm not talking about anything that happens on the field - I'm talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, like the huge walk-on program (pared down to nothing under Callahan), our ties with former coaches and players (gone - they're not welcome amongst the new coaches) and the fans (coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

You are defending a guy who has destroyed what Husker Football was all about. A guy who is more interested in how things look than how things are. A guy who is more interested in saying nothing rather than saying something of substance. Callahan has not been a man of his word to the very fans who make Husker Nation great.

And you're defending that?

Dude, where's your head?

I'm talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, like the huge walk-on program (pared down to nothing under Callahan), ---NOT TRUE Plenty of walk-ons have played and have been awarded scholarships since Callahan has been here. The rumor that the walk on program is null and void under Callahan is BS. It has been downsized yes, nothing wrong in that, to a managable number but it is still a vitale part of the program. Get your facts straight my friend.

I'm defending human civil behavior and the fickleness of what people expect. If you feel his children and the coaches children should be treated like they are for his coaching actions then where's you head at?

Then go cry about it in some human relations forum. Here we talk about football, Dan. NOBODY thinks it's OK for his kids to get taunted at school. How could you even think the majority of Husker Fans think that?

Regarding his kids - it's shameful to treat them poorly because of the football team's situation. Case closed.

Regarding his job as a coach - it's shameful that he has destroyed our team and our legacy like he has. Case closed.

Got it?

Or the way he coached for 5 weeks. That is shameful!

So you're justifying blood thirsty hate mongerring and a lynch mob mentality because of bad coaching calls? Sure he didn't coach well but it's not about HIM, it's about how the coaches families and children have been treated. When that line was crossed by the fans, which is was with Cosgrove's kid in a HS football game and Callahans family just moving to not deal with anything, that is disgraceful. Hell of a lot more shameful than a bad coaching job. THEN those same fans standing over the walkway want to make amends and they get mad when he doesn't kiss their asses, it's ridiculous! He doesn't need them and in a couple weeks we won't need him anymore either. I don't know why fans can't just be civil and let him be after a win. I don't want him to coach next year either but I don't tear him down like "the best fans in college football". :box

Now it's about his family? I DO NOT condone any mistreatment of any body in his family. Whether it be his wife, kids, uncle or anyone else. That is SHAMEFUL of any body to do and they should have their ass kicked for doing it. But, I will not apologize for being all over him about this season. FIRE HIM!!!

LMAO you sure you aren't Mrs Bill Callahan??!!! Callahan can blame no one but himself for the way this team has performed! Loyalty to his bud Coz and his own ego is what is going to cost him is coachng career in Nebraska! No fan had anything to do with that!

I'm not talking about the bad play if you would read my posts. I'm talking about the way his and the other coaches families have been treated. I'm not saying he's a good coach and I said I don't want him to coach next year but forgive me for defending someone because of the off the field barrage his and the coached family has gotten and then when he isn't so forgiving and forgetting when fans say good job, and no one has even said he acknowledged fans in the first place after game. My point is he's under such a microscope that when he does a good coaching job today that he's still $hit on for not acknowledging fans like he should bow down and kiss their feet. It's obvious that people want to just rip him no matter what when they WIN 73-31 and they have to find something to bitch about so they find this!

It really is impossible to justify what their families have to put up with, HOWEVER if you are a head coach at a top DI program you know this is a potential when you sign on the dotted line. Should he shoulder all the blame? Yes. Should his or any of the other assistant coaches' families have to deal with this? No.

Trying to defend him as a coach based on what his family has been going through is ludicrous.

I'm not talking about the bad play if you would read my posts. I'm talking about the way his and the other coaches families have been treated. I'm not saying he's a good coach and I said I don't want him to coach next year but forgive me for defending someone because of the off the field barrage his and the coached family has gotten and then when he isn't so forgiving and forgetting when fans say good job, and no one has even said he acknowledged fans in the first place after game. My point is he's under such a microscope that when he does a good coaching job today that he's still $hit on for not acknowledging fans like he should bow down and kiss their feet. It's obvious that people want to just rip him no matter what when they WIN 73-31 and they have to find something to bitch about so they find this!

HELLOOOOOO!!!! This is a FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

Dude, get a clue! If you want to talk about family issues, GO HERE.

In this forum we focus on the job he's done as a coach, and he's done an exceedingly sh#tty job of it here. If you're here to defend how he coaches, expect to get flamed. If you want to talk about how his family has been treated... use the link.

I listened to the post game call-in show and several callers commented that when Callahan walked through the tunnel after the game he was by himself and did not acknowledge the fans who were obviously excited and trying to congratulate him, etc. One guy said it was as if Callahan was giving a big "F You" to the fans.

Good lord. With continued crap like this, and if you consider yourself a "fan," I can see why he would send a big F-U your way.

Quite honestly, he isn't a media whore. He has always avoided the media, and he is pretty private as a whole. He is just trying to do his job.

It really is impossible to justify what their families have to put up with, HOWEVER if you are a head coach at a top DI program you know this is a potential when you sign on the dotted line. Should he shoulder all the blame? Yes. Should his or any of the other assistant coaches' families have to deal with this? No.

Trying to defend him as a coach based on what his family has been going through is ludicrous.

The thread isn't about defending him as a coach and I have NOT defended him as a coach. I've said repeatedly I don't think he should be the coach either. The thread is about him not acknowledging fans after the football game. Others brought up the play before I did. I have not defended the coaching, but the walking off with out acknowledging those same fans that crucified him in public I have defended.

In this forum we focus on the job he's done as a coach, and he's done an exceedingly sh#tty job of it here. If you're here to defend how he coaches, expect to get flamed. If you want to talk about how his family has been treated... use the link.

I didn't start the thread buddy. It wasn't about football when it started so why do I have to make it about football now??!! Oh ya, because you have no comeback and that's your best argument and you know I'm right. That's it.

Good lord. With continued crap like this, and if you consider yourself a "fan," I can see why he would send a big F-U your way.

Quite honestly, he isn't a media whore. He has always avoided the media, and he is pretty private as a whole. He is just trying to do his job.

Based on his job performance he's going to be fired soon. If you think the fans are wrong for not liking the guy who has systematically ruined what this program has been about, then maybe you don't know what being a Husker Fan is all about.

I didn't start the thread buddy. It wasn't about football when it started so why do I have to make it about football now??!!

This thread isn't about his family, yet you're bringing that up, buddy.

This thread IS about what Bill Callahan did AT THE FOOTBALL GAME, however. See how that works?

Family stuff belongs on family forums. Football stuff belongs here. Get it straight.