Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

can anyone tell me if Tom Osborne stayed on the field celebrating after winning a game and singing the fight song with the players, the band, and the student section?

come on ladies and gentlemen are you kidding me......this has to be the biggest stretch that i have ever seen.

just another thing for people to bitch about, so it makes me realize that some people are only happy if they are bitching

whats next, going to bitch about Beau Davis getting some PT in the 4th qtr, and not letting Ganz get 600 yards passing

THANK GOODNESS FOR THE VOICE OF REASON, SPONGE ROB...

(coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

This is lame because we all now how entertaining and insightful TO and Frankie's press conference were. Come on the last 3 coaches at NU have said nothing but coachspeak.

I left right after the handshake as well. :madash I noticed Callahan walking off the field with the "pack of wolves" right behind him. I also noticed a crap-load of "The Greatest Fans in America" waving good-bye to him with stupida$$ smiles on their faces. :wacko: (also noticed the classy ones calpping for him :thumbs )

On a side note, on that same crappy call-in show some retard called in and said that Callahan got in his face at halftime because that moron was telling Callahan and Wagner what he thought of them. The crappy host(who knows nothing about sports but that is another topic) was eating it up and will probably report it as fact even though it probably didn't happen. I was on that call-in show after the game and the crappy host kind of side stepped my questions. :corndance

:yeah

I'm not talking about the bad play if you would read my posts. I'm talking about the way his and the other coaches families have been treated. I'm not saying he's a good coach and I said I don't want him to coach next year but forgive me for defending someone because of the off the field barrage his and the coached family has gotten and then when he isn't so forgiving and forgetting when fans say good job, and no one has even said he acknowledged fans in the first place after game. My point is he's under such a microscope that when he does a good coaching job today that he's still $hit on for not acknowledging fans like he should bow down and kiss their feet. It's obvious that people want to just rip him no matter what when they WIN 73-31 and they have to find something to bitch about so they find this!

HELLOOOOOO!!!! This is a FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

Dude, get a clue! If you want to talk about family issues, GO HERE.

In this forum we focus on the job he's done as a coach, and he's done an exceedingly sh#tty job of it here. If you're here to defend how he coaches, expect to get flamed. If you want to talk about how his family has been treated... use the link.

I didn't start the thread buddy. It wasn't about football when it started so why do I have to make it about football now??!!

Freemason, exactly what "ilk" am I? After 500 or so words on a message board you know all about me? Please, fill me in.

Don't waste your time. He is obviously far superior to ilk like us. He talks down to us as if it is too technical for us to understand.

You could say the same thing about knapplc...

Freemason, exactly what "ilk" am I? After 500 or so words on a message board you know all about me? Please, fill me in.

Don't waste your time. He is obviously far superior to ilk like us. He talks down to us as if it is too technical for us to understand.

You could say the same thing about knapplc...

I'm not the one calling Husker Fans "bad fans," diehard. Kind of a key difference there.

This is all opinions of callers. No one has video of what Callahan looked like or was doing walking through a tunnel. I think this a totally lewd point to begin with. Don't think he might be a bit emotional finally getting a win?....finally getting some people to shut up even for a few minutes. I shake my head everytime I see people make bogus assumptions about things they read or hear. Give it a break for a while. I don't care if you think the players were just playing for themselves or whatever. They should have been doing that all year. Why don't we give some credit where credit is due.

(coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

This is lame because we all now how entertaining and insightful TO and Frankie's press conference were. Come on the last 3 coaches at NU have said nothing but coachspeak.

I left right after the handshake as well. :madash I noticed Callahan walking off the field with the "pack of wolves" right behind him. I also noticed a crap-load of "The Greatest Fans in America" waving good-bye to him with stupida$$ smiles on their faces. :wacko: (also noticed the classy ones calpping for him :thumbs )

On a side note, on that same crappy call-in show some retard called in and said that Callahan got in his face at halftime because that moron was telling Callahan and Wagner what he thought of them. The crappy host(who knows nothing about sports but that is another topic) was eating it up and will probably report it as fact even though it probably didn't happen. I was on that call-in show after the game and the crappy host kind of side stepped my questions. :corndance

you are one hell of a moderater....

I was at the game in in the Northwest corner and it just burned me that he left the field because it was just one more thing in college football that he missed out on. College football is about emotion, chemistry, the student body, the band, etc., etc.... this isn't the pros.

Callahan alwasy call's these players his "kids", well all of you parents tell me something, when your kids do something great to you leave without celebrating at all with them? So I guess when his kids graduate, win a state title, or get married... he'll just leave because it's not about him it's about them.

Come on that is a bunch of bull, go out there and have a good time and celebrate with your senior "kids" and walk off the field with them for their last time.

I was at the game in in the Northwest corner and it just burned me that he left the field because it was just one more thing in college football that he missed out on. College football is about emotion, chemistry, the student body, the band, etc., etc.... this isn't the pros.

Callahan alwasy call's these players his "kids", well all of you parents tell me something, when your kids do something great to you leave without celebrating at all with them? So I guess when his kids graduate, win a state title, or get married... he'll just leave because it's not about him it's about them.

Come on that is a bunch of bull, go out there and have a good time and celebrate with your senior "kids" and walk off the field with them for their last time.

As a football, wrestling, and baseball Mom, I will tell you this: When my boys won a game, was a champion in his weight class, or hit a home run.....of course I celebrated with them. But AFTER they had celebrated with their team or as an individual. That moment belonged to them! It was "theirs"! (My oldest son got married in May and yes, we celebrated with them, but the day belonged to HIM. ) Just a Mom's opinion.......