Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

Wow, can you guys get fired up or what. My perspective, Callahan has never stayed on the field, after a loss or a win. The team goes over with the students and celebrates. Good for them. Callahan gives them time to do that, because he probably knows if he goes over there it will damper it for them, because critics are everywhere. He's not a Nebraskan, we wave at the guy passing through our town, he's from California, you wave to someone there you take a chance on getting shot.

Now with that said, this is why we need someone with the "hometown guy" attitude. The kind of guy that is personable to the teams fans.

So what if he doesn't jump up and down for the win, the team, the fans and some of the asst's, who are closer to most of the players anyway, did. I'm sure we all can celebrate enough to make up for BC's lack of.

Uh, he's not leaving. Get used to it. Toxic message boards like this mean nothing at all to those in the program and administration.

He won't get fired because of us , that's for sure. We can scream for his head all we want. TO will decide his fate strictly based on what TO thinks and nothing else. And thank GOD for that.

his fate is already sealed, the boosters took care of that, you can be sure of that much, no matter what anyone else says.

Maybe he just ignores squeaky wheels. I should probably do that, too. His first allegiance is to his players. I'm fairly certain that you and your ilk are far, far down the list of his concerns. I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.

Here's a FACT . . . switch coaches, and you will have a certain number of PO'd players on the team over the next 4 years . . . and some may undermine the team as much as #51 has all season.

Check out the films, watch him, and get back to me.

It seems like he lost this team this year, the players certainly didn't play for him. I really don't think that may will be upset if he goes. If they do, then they are more concerned about playing for Callahan, and NOT playing for Nebraska. If that it true then that is part of the problem with our program and they can go with him.

Another reason why Callahan should be gone is how he embarrassed us, keeping his top line players in the game, late in the 4th quarter while pitching the ball all around the field. No need for that. Just another in a long line of classless moves by Callahan.

Back to the topic. This guy can't do anything right. Don't worry he won't be around in a couple weeks and some new guy will come in for the masses to bash.

I'm curious, did you support Solich in the same way?

a lot of fans supported Solich right up to the end.....then Ped pledged to remove us from the slide to medocrity.....well we now know that was a crock of sh#t and one turd gone and one to go.

Back to the topic. This guy can't do anything right. Don't worry he won't be around in a couple weeks and some new guy will come in for the masses to bash.

Yep I supported that dude all the way to the end. I'm a fan of the University of Nebraska. Not a certain coach or style of play. I'll defend who-ever the coach is until they are no longer here.

T.O. and Solich both made some questionable moves and did some questionable things and I stuck with them. (even if I didn't think they were right)

Also if anyone doesn't believe that the masses will bash the new coach know nothing about the history of the great program. It will happen. To quote the mystic prophet I Bleed Red "Take it to the bank."

Yep I supported that dude all the way to the end. I'm a fan of the University of Nebraska. Not a certain coach or style of play. I'll defend who-ever the coach is until they are no longer here.

T.O. and Solich both made some questionable moves and did some questionable things and I stuck with them. (even if I didn't think they were right)

Also if anyone doesn't believe that the masses will bash the new coach know nothing about the history of the great program. It will happen. To quote the mystic prophet I Bleed Red "Take it to the bank."

That's a great way to put it.:thumbs

Im as upset about all things Callahan as the next guy. The only thing I have to say about this topic is, isn't the singing thing something Callahan started? Shouldnt he partake in it if he started it? That shows me that he has given up. Im not saying anything about acknowledging fans or anything else. But he started the new tradition (which i think is great) if he doesnt support his own tradition hes quit IMO.

i was only able to attend 2 games this year in Lincoln, USC and Ball St.

i dont remember seeing any of the coaches singing the school song with the players after the Ball St game.

But I am sure that was because the fans had booed during the game :sarcasm

and to who ever questioned your integrity

that statement has nothing to do with being a MOD

If fourth-year coach Bill Callahan is dismissed following this season, he'll always treasure his last home game at Nebraska. Actually, he did as he was walking off the field listening to congratulatory salutes from the Nebraska fans.

"I just thought about a lot of things," Callahan said. "I'll keep that private

Quote from USA TODAY. HMm wonder what he was thinking?????

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...12/nebraska.htm

If fourth-year coach Bill Callahan is dismissed following this season, he'll always treasure his last home game at Nebraska. Actually, he did as he was walking off the field listening to congratulatory salutes from the Nebraska fans.

"I just thought about a lot of things," Callahan said. "I'll keep that private

Quote from USA TODAY. HMm wonder what he was thinking?????

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...12/nebraska.htm

well, nebraska is in the hurts, and the fans are angry... you all think its callahan,s fault, but i have different feelings... it started with solich,, and the downslide started then... if solich would have stayed with nebraska..the program would be in shambles with solich... pedserson, i quess that was his name,,did not seek callahan at first if i remember right,, the people he wanted would not come to nebraska and coach...wasn,t callahan his 3rd choice. also,... osborn will probably bring in one of the assistant coaches that were under him, that is my thinking at the moment... hey,bill parcels is not coaching at the moment??? another thought, go after spurrier at south carolina, or rick neuhisel...