Names being dropped

Glenn - 50-0 loss to Utah (yes you saw that correctly 50-0 to Utah), 2-4 record in the (Mountain) West (he has ties to the program :wacko: )

pick me

Sounds as though he was asking for trouble:

Bad Saturday for Wyoming's Joe Glenn. First, he guaranteed a victory over Utah. Then he lost to utah, 50-0. Then he lost it against Utah. In this picture Glenn is shown flipping off the Utah sideline. The Utes weren't exactly sitting on the ball at the end. Coach Kyle Whittingham called for an onside kick up big in the third quarter.

"Got my big Irish mouth going," Glenn said after game.

"You open your mouth and you're accountable," Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said. "That's what I stress to my players all the time. You say something stupid, you're accountable."

Glenn said he didn't remember lobbing the bird.

i really don't think that you can blame johnson for having subpar defenses at navy.

look at the type of athletes that play there. playing football is not their major concern.

Why? If people are going to give him credit for coaching up the talent on Offense he should take some crap about not being able to do it with his defenses. It works both ways, you can't just look at one side of the ball.

Glenn - 50-0 loss to Utah (yes you saw that correctly 50-0 to Utah), 2-4 record in the (Mountain) West (he has ties to the program :wacko: )

pick me

I was in Wyoming yesterday and found an interesting article in the Casper newspaper. From the article, it stated that Glenn promised a victory against Utah. A player was interviewed and said yes he did promise it, but the team let him down. He didn't say whether he agree or disagreed with Glenn promising victory. Now, here's the real gem of the story. In the third quarter, Utah tried an onside kick after leading 43-0. Glenn saw it as a cheap shot and flipped off Utah's coach.

The more I read the article, the more I knew he would not be coming to NU. No way in hell TO would bring this guy in. You never guarantee or promise a victory. You never flip off an opposing coach or team especially during the game in front of a huge audience.

i really don't think that you can blame johnson for having subpar defenses at navy.

look at the type of athletes that play there. playing football is not their major concern.

Why? If people are going to give him credit for coaching up the talent on Offense he should take some crap about not being able to do it with his defenses. It works both ways, you can't just look at one side of the ball.

you are correct that you can't look at one side of the ball.....but you also need athletes to play defense and a case could be made that navys defense has been good enough to have a winning record for the last 3 seasons(?).

you have to take into consideration what type of athlete navy has. congressmen have to write letters to get a kid even considered to go to one of the academies....classes eight hours a day....the academic requirements.

i just find what paul johnson, even fischer deberry, did at the academies truly remarkable and that anybody that has that type of success has to be considered.

you are correct that you can't look at one side of the ball.....but you also need athletes to play defense and a case could be made that navys defense has been good enough to have a winning record for the last 3 seasons(?).

you have to take into consideration what type of athlete navy has. congressmen have to write letters to get a kid even considered to go to one of the academies....classes eight hours a day....the academic requirements.

i just find what paul johnson, even fischer deberry, did at the academies truly remarkable and that anybody that has that type of success has to be considered.

And to expound further - remember that the use of the option is specifically to run an offense that maximizes inferior talent. Think of it as a way of "hiding" the lack of athleticism. The trouble is, there is no way to do that on the defensive side of the ball. So, if you have inferior talent on both sides of the ball -which is the case with Navy - you can offset it somewhat on offense by running a scheme that stresses ball control (eliminating scoring opportunities for the other team), that is not commonly seen (the opponent has very little experience defending it and very few days of practice to learn recognition) and that demands that the defense play disciplined football and stick to its assignments (negating to some extens, again, the athleticisim of the other team).

Unfortunately, there is no defense that can do the same thing on the other side of the ball. So, to look at the defense of Navy and say that Johnson hasn't done as well as on the offensive side is a bit misleading.