3 70271 Dallas-Fort Worth

4 65684 Los Angeles

5 61947 Las Vegas

6 60952 Denver

7 60324 Duncan Aviation, Lincoln NE

8 54651 Phoenix

9 51586 Philadelphia

10 51095 Charlotte

To both of you. I love the fact that you posted in the correct forum and also like the fact you have input as well. In no way was I trying to ridicule or call you out. I'm sure you didn't make this up and I wasn't accusing you of this either. It all boils down to the fact that you had some info and I did as well, and we both put it to good use by posting it here.

Don't hesitate to post anything you hear! GBR

Ohh I didnt think you were ridculeing anything.. I just figured I had something to offer the board some liked it some didnt ohh well life goes on!!

Ok here is the e-mail I recieved from my friend take what you want from it but its pretty much the same thing I said when I posted this... Maybe this will answer some question maybe not but here it is....

the 2 stories I heard was that Bo was in flowin into

town. My friend got a call from an air traffic

controller who had a flight number and the FAA'S

website and had him track the flight. Originated out

of Baton Rouge LA and came here with one passenger,

sat out at the airport (Duncan Aviation) and left with

the same passenger and went back to Baton Rouge. I

had him call the Athletic office and talk to someone I

know, she told him Tom Osborne wasn't available and

was supposed to attend an engagement with Perlman but

something came up. When asked if it involved a plane

she said, "I can't deny or confirm that".

A friend of mine down the street has a son who went

out to eat last week and went into the bathroom and a

couple guys were talking football at the urinals. One

told the other that Bo was in town and at Duncan

Aviation last week. My friend's son asked him how he

knew...he said, "I should know, I own it". It was Bob

Duncan.

A guy I work with has a girlfriend who's in charge of

catoring for Embassey Suites downtown. She said that

last week they got a strange order for just a fruit

tray and a meat and cheese tray. She said it was out

of the ordinary because it was such a small order. It

was for Duncan Aviation.

Today a friend of mine who has a son who writes for

ESPN told me his son told him that Osborne informed

Callahan last week that he wouldn't be coming back

next year.

So....that's what I know!

Thanks for posting that email, but at the end of the day there's just nothing concrete there. Nobody is accusing you of lying - it's just that there's nothing to go on there, you know?

If he had the flight number, or a bona fide eyewitness who saw Bo Pelini on the plane and/or an official from NU talking to him... that would be something.

There isn't even a smoking gun there. You'd have to imagine that there are NO other reasons from someone from red stick to fly here - like for actual business, or for... who knows what.

It's a fun story, but in the end this could all be some practical joke your friend is playing on you.

Thanks for posting that email, but at the end of the day there's just nothing concrete there. Nobody is accusing you of lying - it's just that there's nothing to go on there, you know?

If he had the flight number, or a bona fide eyewitness who saw Bo Pelini on the plane and/or an official from NU talking to him... that would be something.

There isn't even a smoking gun there. You'd have to imagine that there are NO other reasons from someone from red stick to fly here - like for actual business, or for... who knows what.

It's a fun story, but in the end this could all be some practical joke your friend is playing on you.

Noo I understand there isnt a whole lot there but I see it as somethings better then nothing.. Do I believe it happened maybe but like you said not a whole lot there to go off on.. As far as my friend making it up no I know 100% he didnt make it up to mess with me he isnt that kind of guy... Like I said no one is talking right now from the AD so some news or rumors are better then nothin I guess...

next year.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say IF there is a guy who writes for ESPN and he has this information, why is ESPN not spreading it all over the net like a wildfire? In this day and age of cutthroat media types trying to get the upper hand on their colleague's, I would have to assume IF this were true, ESPN would have put this on their website already.

But I have to agree with a couple of other guys. There's been no proof that Pelini was on the aircraft. If, and this is a big if, Pelini was on the aircraft and talked to Osborne, why was it for only a short time? If Pelini agreed to take the job, it could have been handled without him ever having stepped foot on the plane. He could have made one simple phone call to Osborne and said "Yep! I'm your man. Have your people call my people and work out the details". Simple as that.

I'm not buying into the Pelini rumors one bit. And I hope for the Pelini-ite's and Gill-ian's out there, you don't get your hopes set on one of these guys being the next head coach cuz Lord help us all if one of these two guys isn't hired.

next year.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say IF there is a guy who writes for ESPN and he has this information, why is ESPN not spreading it all over the net like a wildfire? In this day and age of cutthroat media types trying to get the upper hand on their colleague's, I would have to assume IF this were true, ESPN would have put this on their website already.

But I have to agree with a couple of other guys. There's been no proof that Pelini was on the aircraft. If, and this is a big if, Pelini was on the aircraft and talked to Osborne, why was it for only a short time? If Pelini agreed to take the job, it could have been handled without him ever having stepped foot on the plane. He could have made one simple phone call to Osborne and said "Yep! I'm your man. Have your people call my people and work out the details". Simple as that.

I'm not buying into the Pelini rumors one bit. And I hope for the Pelini-ite's and Gill-ian's out there, you don't get your hopes set on one of these guys being the next head coach cuz Lord help us all if one of these two guys isn't hired.

If one of those guys isnt hired then I trust TO will find the right one.. I dont know a whole lot about some of the other names that have been talked about as possible coachs, so I dont know the pros an cons to there coaching skills an how they run a program but since Bo an Gill have been talked about the most I feel there is alot of down side to both of them.. I just dont want to see us make a mistake with one of them an then have to go thru this all over again down the road.. Now I am not saying there isnt alot of good things about both of these guys but from what alot of people on this board have commented on I am not sure who I really would want.. My heart says Bo but who knows who the right one is..

Ok here is the e-mail I recieved from my friend take what you want from it but its pretty much the same thing I said when I posted this... Maybe this will answer some question maybe not but here it is....

Duncan.

was for Duncan Aviation.

next year.

This is true I had a microphone in the urinal cake

COME ON" :rollin:rollin:rollin

ok I don't feel like typing this all again so I'll just copy and paste from last time (see below). To respond to NEHUSKERS311, I highly doubt that Robert Duncan was shooting the s--t at the urinals with random people about Pelini. I don't even know if he is even in the country right now. He retired recently and handed over control of the company to his son Todd and he might be at his house in Mexico where he spends his winters. I'm not sure about that though. As for the source who does the catering at the Embassy. There is NOTHING strange about an order for a fruit and meat and cheese tray. We get catering orders like that several times a day! People who fly on these private planes think nothing of paying $120 for a couple sandwiches or some fruit. Here's an update for you conspiracy theorists though. Tom Osborne DID fly out of Lincoln yesterday on one of Duncan's lears to Knoxville Tennessee! OMG! OMG! Fulmer is the new coach! Nope. He was the keynote speaker at the fellowship of Christian athletes banquet. I dont know why it is so hard to accept that Coach is going to do what he said and wait till the end of the season.

I want to say something about all these "Bo Pelini spotted at Duncan Aviation" stories. I work on the line at Duncan Aviation which means I am one of the 18 people who do the parking, fueling, and movement of private aircraft 24/7/365. We see every person who steps off the plane and I can tell you that Bo Pelini hasn't been through Duncan Aviation since he was a coach here in 2003 nor has Tom Osborne been been seen recently going in or out. The last time I saw Dr. Tom here was when he was running for governor.

If Bo was going to come here via the university's King Air it is very likely that no one here would see him at all since all the state owned aircraft arrive and depart from the FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) building which is directly south of Duncan Aviation. It might be possible that he would come in on a private jet to Silverhawk Aviation as well which is the other FBO here in Lincoln but I would have heard about that almost instantly as well since we all know each other around here. knapplc was also correct in that the national guard would have absolutely nothing to do with a private aircraft coming into Lincoln since private aircraft are not allowed on the military ramps with the exception of large chartered commercial jets taking soldiers to and from Iraq.

Basically all the stories and sightings are completely false. The only story around here that has generated any stir at all was something I heard from a guy who heard from a pilot who knows a pilot who flew some boosters to some shindig who said a booster told him it's a done deal and Pelini is the next coach and its all agreed to in principle and they are just waiting for the season to be over. Take that for what it's worth which isn't anything. To me the full story with all the little details I got told seems to be a patchwork of different stories I have heard before. It's fun to listen to people talk about it though. It makes the day go by faster. My guess is we will all find out in a press conference on the 26th.

Duncan.

was for Duncan Aviation.

next year.

You're lying.

I've been living in the tree in Pelini's front yard ever since Pederson got fired. Haven't seen a plane ticket yet.

I don't understand what he's doing now, because he's been standing in the same spot for a good 6 hours...

Wait, let me zoom in...

HOLY BANANA BREAD! THAT'S A MANNEQUIN!!!

CODE RED! CODE RED! The chicken has flown the coop!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin