Where was Zack Bowman?

Probly because he dared question their unbelievable coaching prowess.

The guy takes off his blackshirt on his own accord because he feels he didn't earn it, and for whatever reason they dont let him play ON SENIOR DAY! Obviously that's not the reason he didn't play, but I just think that a guy that shows that kind of leadership and integrity deserves to be commended, not benched.

Someone let me know when Cally's plane is leaving town for good, I'll be there to give him one last big middle finger.

Earlier post in this thread:

from LJS blog

On Senior Day, cornerback and captain Zack Bowman, played in only one series against Kansas State. His limited playing time was not because of injury.

Why didn't Bowman play more?

"Well, we played (freshman) Anythony Blue, and I thought Anthony played outstanding football," Callahan answered. "We had some young players like (Prince) Amukamara and Blue that I think are going to be outstanding corners. I thought, Blue, for the most part, in the coverages he was in, played very well at times, and played physical football. (He) played the type of football we're looking for from a corner ... I was really pleased with his performance."

So Bowman didn't play simply because Blue earned the playing time over him?

"Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," Callahan said.

Coaches asked Bowman to come in late but Bowman told them it was fine to let the young guys finish the game.

Hm...you know I'm more tolerant of this coaching staff than most, but this just doesn't sound very good.

The guy takes off his blackshirt on his own accord because he feels he didn't earn it, and for whatever reason they dont let him play ON SENIOR DAY! Obviously that's not the reason he didn't play, but I just think that a guy that shows that kind of leadership and integrity deserves to be commended, not benched.

Someone let me know when Cally's plane is leaving town for good, I'll be there to give him one last big middle finger.

Here's what JoeGlenn thinks of Callahan

82d76ut.png

Sort of strange not to see Zack Bowman playing during the final home game of his senior year. Callahan brushed aside and refused to answer questions regarding his status during Monday's press conference ("I'm only going to discuss the players that played").

Does anyone have any insight? Is he hurt, or is it a behavior issue?

can someone summarize the entire year with bowman. i knew he was starting at the beginning of the year, slightly injured himself during the USC game, and then refused to wear his blackshirt during practice after the mid season defensive debacles. has he not been starting the last couple of weeks? in addition, love the inserted picture from the battle of stalingrad.

82d76ut.png

And people want him as our coach why? Couldn't even stop Utah.

82d76ut.png

And people want him as our coach why? Couldn't even stop Utah.

yeah, but as soon as he learns the "throat slash" gesture, he is N! :lol: