What did Callahan's agent say?

Hah guess Im as confused as his agent. Lets see the question was: Will he resign? meaning will he walk away from a Million $$$ because he lost games?

Duh seems a pretty stupid question to me.

Hi Agent Answer: Although I agree tackless does seem like a Forrest Gump answer to a Forrest Gump question. Stupid is as stupid does.

IN a nutshell---WE hired him, WE gave him lots of money, WE extended his contract. WE want to get rid of him WE fire him and WE still pay him. AND his agent still gets his cut.

WE being the University, WE being all those who wanted Solich replaced, WE being all that wanted Pederson, WE being all those demanding Callahan go.

Coaches resign when they get a better deal to move on or get tired and want to retire or disgrace a program which voids his contract clause. NOT when they have a losing record.

Just ask Paterno, Bowden, Spurrier, Switzer, Johnson, Carroll or Tom Osborn

WE being the University, WE being all those who wanted Solich replaced, WE being all that wanted Pederson, WE being all those demanding Callahan go.

If you're a Husker Fan, you would be included in that "WE." We're all in this together. WE may not all have liked all of those decisions, but WE all have to live with them, especially if WE are going to continue to wear that big red N on our shirts/hats/coats/etc.

Hah guess Im as confused as his agent. Lets see the question was: Will he resign? meaning will he walk away from a Million $$$ because he lost games?

Duh seems a pretty stupid question to me.

Hi Agent Answer: Although I agree tackless does seem like a Forrest Gump answer to a Forrest Gump question. Stupid is as stupid does.

IN a nutshell---WE hired him, WE gave him lots of money, WE extended his contract. WE want to get rid of him WE fire him and WE still pay him. AND his agent still gets his cut.

Coaches resign when they get a better deal to move on or get tired and want to retire or disgrace a program which voids his contract clause. NOT when they have a losing record.

Just ask Paterno, Bowden, Spurrier, Switzer, Johnson, Carroll or Tom Osborn

TO NEVER had a losing record.

If you're a Husker Fan, you would be included in that "WE." We're all in this together. WE may not all have liked all of those decisions, but WE all have to live with them, especially if WE are going to continue to wear that big red N on our shirts/hats/coats/etc.

Yes including me. But I understand how dumb the question was. Do you? Callahan isn't leaving one way or the other without some pocket money. If any of you think different then you probably couldn't count the socks or do a soil sample.

If WE want him gone WEwill have to fire him. Callahan may be dumb as some have said but his agent isn't.

Yes including me. But I understand how dumb the question was. Do you? Callahan isn't leaving one way or the other without some pocket money. If any of you think different then you probably couldn't count the socks or do a soil sample.

If WE want him gone WEwill have to fire him. Callahan may be dumb as some have said but his agent isn't.

Absolutely. I'm not making excuses for the reporter - that was a first-year-out-of-college question from a veteran reporter. He got the answer he should have gotten from that question.

It just seemed by your answer that you were saying you didn't agree with any of those decisions and it was "all the other fans" who were wrong. It struck me as odd since the WE things you were saying were on opposite sides of the fence in the general discussion here. I could be wrong, though. :)