Does anyone follow the ones that got away?

HANC

just like everything in life, you aren't going to win them all.....but just today..... We all know thow great Reggie Smith (OU) is (OU-NU)....... How about Maclin for MU (think it was NU-MU) and didn't Ashlee Palmer decommit on signing day (left NU to Ol' Miss)...he lit a few guys up today....

I still think ***'s mean a little bit....... Yes, coaches need to develop, but certain guys are naturally great athletes.... just like the 3 mentioned above...

I know that we have had guys that we "got" at the last minute, so this isn't a "feel sorry for ourself" topic, just interesting to see these guys play and just think "what if"....

just like everything in life, you aren't going to win them all.....but just today..... We all know thow great Reggie Smith (OU) is (OU-NU)....... How about Maclin for MU (think it was NU-MU) and didn't Ashlee Palmer decommit on signing day (left NU to Ol' Miss)...he lit a few guys up today....

I still think ***'s mean a little bit....... Yes, coaches need to develop, but certain guys are naturally great athletes.... just like the 3 mentioned above...

I know that we have had guys that we "got" at the last minute, so this isn't a "feel sorry for ourself" topic, just interesting to see these guys play and just think "what if"....

Jeremy Maclin (Future Heisman winner) originally committed to Oklahoma, not NU.

Yes, you are correct. However, Callahan wanted to get Maclin here real bad. After seeing him this year, I can see why. He is something special.

Yes, you are correct. However, Callahan wanted to get Maclin here real bad. After seeing him this year, I can see why. He is something special.

Special is the word... yesterday: 252 total yards, 3 TD's (including a 99 kickoff return) and the NCAA freshman record for all-purpose yards. And he's from my high school - Kirkwood High in St. Louis County.

I totall agree with you MUtiger......he is very special...... this is a serious question to you, not a "jab"..... Do you think that he will stay at MU all 4 years, or does he bolt to the NFL after next season? Honest question..

The kid has Ted Ginn type of talent,and I just don't see him staying in college 4 years.....

Being a Husker fan, I hope he goes pro.....being a college football fan and a teacher/coach, I hope he stays all 4.

Special is the word... yesterday: 252 total yards, 3 TD's (including a 99 kickoff return) and the NCAA freshman record for all-purpose yards. And he's from my high school - Kirkwood High in St. Louis County.

Actually I thought it was closer to 350 total yards

I totall agree with you MUtiger......he is very special...... this is a serious question to you, not a "jab"..... Do you think that he will stay at MU all 4 years, or does he bolt to the NFL after next season? Honest question..

The kid has Ted Ginn type of talent,and I just don't see him staying in college 4 years.....

Being a Husker fan, I hope he goes pro.....being a college football fan and a teacher/coach, I hope he stays all 4.

If he continues at this current level of play, the potential money will be huge, so it's hard to say. Since he red shirted his true freshman year, he could go after the 2008 season. I hope not though.

Article about Blaine Gabbert: "Gabbert drawn by Mizzou's coaches"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...&id=3113541

By Billy Tucker

ESPN.com

Updated: November 16, 2007

From the outside, it may appear that Missouri's 9-1 record and No. 5 ranking in the current BCS standings lured talented quarterback Blaine Gabbert (Ballwin, Mo./Parkway West) out of his commitment with the struggling Cornhuskers. While it may have helped, the relationship formed with a coaching staff is often the decisive factor in determining a prospects decision, even more than on-field success or failures.

Chris Lee/St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Blaine Gabbert's relationship with the Missouri coaching staff sealed the deal once he de-committed from Nebraska.

As Bill Callahan's future began to look bleak at Nebraska, so did Gabbert's commitment. Originally, it was Callahan's NFL pedigree and reputation for developing young quarterbacks that likely enticed the No. 6-rated quarterback to Lincoln. The family relationship -- Gabbert's dad Chuck played his collegiate ball under Callahan -- presumably closed the deal.

Nevertheless, as his Nebraska pledge softened, Gabbert quickly visited and subsequently pledged to Missouri, a program that had heavily recruited the in-state signal caller and established a solid relationship with the coveted recruit last spring -- before the current success. When covering his game earlier this fall, Gabbert stated, while committed to the Cornhuskers, that he had built a great rapport and comfort level with quarterback coach David Yost and the rest of the Tigers staff.

Missouri's 2007 success was no doubt a key component in Gabbert's commitment this week, but the behind-the-scenes relationships and future stability of a coaching staff often hold the most weight for top prospects around the country. Just look at how many elite recruits are sticking with the Charlie Weiss and the struggling Irish.

Article about Blaine Gabbert: "Gabbert drawn by Mizzou's coaches"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...&id=3113541

By Billy Tucker

ESPN.com

Updated: November 16, 2007

From the outside, it may appear that Missouri's 9-1 record and No. 5 ranking in the current BCS standings lured talented quarterback Blaine Gabbert (Ballwin, Mo./Parkway West) out of his commitment with the struggling Cornhuskers. While it may have helped, the relationship formed with a coaching staff is often the decisive factor in determining a prospects decision, even more than on-field success or failures.

Chris Lee/St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Blaine Gabbert's relationship with the Missouri coaching staff sealed the deal once he de-committed from Nebraska.

As Bill Callahan's future began to look bleak at Nebraska, so did Gabbert's commitment. Originally, it was Callahan's NFL pedigree and reputation for developing young quarterbacks that likely enticed the No. 6-rated quarterback to Lincoln. The family relationship -- Gabbert's dad Chuck played his collegiate ball under Callahan -- presumably closed the deal.

Nevertheless, as his Nebraska pledge softened, Gabbert quickly visited and subsequently pledged to Missouri, a program that had heavily recruited the in-state signal caller and established a solid relationship with the coveted recruit last spring -- before the current success. When covering his game earlier this fall, Gabbert stated, while committed to the Cornhuskers, that he had built a great rapport and comfort level with quarterback coach David Yost and the rest of the Tigers staff.

Missouri's 2007 success was no doubt a key component in Gabbert's commitment this week, but the behind-the-scenes relationships and future stability of a coaching staff often hold the most weight for top prospects around the country. Just look at how many elite recruits are sticking with the Charlie Weiss and the struggling Irish.

I bet all those Mizzou fans that were talking trash about Gabbert after he commited to NU are singing a different tune now.