The "Hire A new Coach" Scramble Begins

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Here we go. Carr has stepped down at Mich.

Miles at LSU is thought to be his probable successor. Have to think the AD at LSU is talking to both Les Miles and Bo P. If Miles does intend to leave and should they decide Bo is their man they are getting at least a week to ten days to wrap him up.

Which program is the more promising to a coach in Bo's position. LSU, looking to a possible NC run. Kids that he is familiar with. Wouldn't have to uproot his family again and for what the 4th time in 5-6 years. This whole thing could come down to how supportive his family is and how they feel about being football gypsies.

Let's juust hope that if Bo is the coach we want that he has good feelings about Nebraska (especially with PUD gone) and Lincoln as a home. If he does come and turns things around he would be universally loved and be able to write his own ticket for as long as he wants to stay. If he takes the LSU spot and things slip that could cause a lot of heat in Tiger land.

Next few weeks are going to be exciting.

Again, here we go.

...T_O_B

i am wondering if LSU is going to re write Miles contract and make him and offer he cannot walk away from? wouldn't surprise me at all......??

the other part of this that scares me is, not everyone looking for a new coach is going to get exactly what they want. if TO has to wait to pick a new guy until after bowl season (not saying he will, but.....) we could end up getting the shaft here. but then again surely negoitations are going to take place very soon, assuming we need a new HC? arghhhh.......

round and round we go where it stops nobody knows. We don't even know if T.O. wants Bo. We might be stuck with Callahan next year. We'll just have to wait till after the Colorado game to know for sure. What if we got Les Miles, and Bo came with him. Sweet!!!!!

there isn't enough money in Nebraska to get both of them, maybe not either one.

I was watching ESPN, and they weren't sure about Miles going to LSU. Apparently, Carr restructured his contract so that his assistants were guarnateed one more year with Michigan. They also stated that Miles and Carr's relationship wasn't very good due to some comments Miles made about Carr like 10 years or so ago. If Carr winds up as associate AD or some kind of position like that with Michigan, it doesn't sound like Miles will be going there.

I was watching ESPN, and they weren't sure about Miles going to LSU. Apparently, Carr restructured his contract so that his assistants were guarnateed one more year with Michigan. They also stated that Miles and Carr's relationship wasn't very good due to some comments Miles made about Carr like 10 years or so ago. If Carr winds up as associate AD or some kind of position like that with Michigan, it doesn't sound like Miles will be going there.

ESPN, actually a reporter for a Louisanna newspaper, also said it would cost over a million to buy out Miles contract and that Michigan doesn't exactually like to spend money.

If true, this makes a run at Bo P. easier if TO decides to go that way.

I still like bringing in Bo to be HC and reinvent the Blackshirts and bring in Gill as OC and QB coach. This would give Gill time to get the seasoning he needs in order to take over the program when and if Bo leaves.

...T_O_B

ESPN, actually a reporter for a Louisanna newspaper, also said it would cost over a million to buy out Miles contract and that Michigan doesn't exactually like to spend money.

If true, this makes a run at Bo P. easier if TO decides to go that way.

I still like bringing in Bo to be HC and reinvent the Blackshirts and bring in Gill as OC and QB coach. This would give Gill time to get the seasoning he needs in order to take over the program when and if Bo leaves.

...T_O_B

How come I often hear people wanting Bo as head coach and Gill as OC, but not the other way around (with Bo as DC)? Neither scenario is likely to happen, but if one would, I think it would be this one. Gill is unlikely to step down from a HC position to be an OC. Likewise, Gill's demeanor is much better suited to for a Head Coach--calm and controlled, yet confident, while Pelini is poorly suited for a HC but great for a DC (fiery attitude). Thoughts?

i am wondering if LSU is going to re write Miles contract and make him and offer he cannot walk away from? wouldn't surprise me at all......??

the other part of this that scares me is, not everyone looking for a new coach is going to get exactly what they want. if TO has to wait to pick a new guy until after bowl season (not saying he will, but.....) we could end up getting the shaft here. but then again surely negoitations are going to take place very soon, assuming we need a new HC? arghhhh.......

TO has already said if a coaching change is made, it'll be done after the CU game, not a bowl game if we qualify. :)

TO has already said if a coaching change is made, it'll be done after the CU game, not a bowl game if we qualify. :)

well, then a presser after the CU game on Saturday would not include the announcement of a new HC (unless he is going to pick someone and get an agreement in 24 hours), only the announcement of firings, not hirings.....otherwise his statement would be false. so that is all we can realistically expect, announcement of who is going to be fired, not hired.......but maybe retained??

we will not get all the answers on Saturday, but we will know more....unless we are just going to retain the whole staff...... :rollin:rollin:rollin

If Miles goes to Michigan, Bo Peep shouled be considered next in line at LSU. The qustion, is he? If he is, which I doubt, why would he step down to be head coach at Nebraska. It would be a step down. Nebraska is not on a level with LSU. He knows the kids, the requirements and the time needed to keep the program moving forward. Why would he take a recruting nightmare, a program with questionable athletes with less than stellar attitudes. Yea I drive a Lexus, but just can't wait to se what I can do with a KIA. Not a likely scenario in my mind.

IF he is not their choice, or is not even considered, why would Nebraska want what LSU was throwing out. If he is not good enough for LSU, why would we want to take less than what they think they deserve.

Just because he spent a year here, and did an adequate job. Nothing to write home about. Okay where he should have and trashed when he faced talent wit a pulse. He now supposedly has more talent at defense than anyone else but SC. He really does not do as good of job as he should.

BO is a hot option on ESPN, because Herbstreit has the hots for him. He is not mentioned by anyone else for their program but Nebraska.

He is not ready, may never be ready to be a head coach. If he is LSU will keep him, if and a mighty big If MIles leaves. IMVHO

#1 D isn't doing as good of job as he should? After reading more about the Michigan situation, I'll be surprised if Miles goes there. It's already been said that him and Carr have issues. Carr already got a contract extension for his assistants. Whoever takes the Michigan job will be saddled with Carr's assistants for at least 1 year. I'm wondering if Michigan won't hire someone from within. If they're going to go for someone outside, why in the heck would they have allowed an extra year for all of the assistants? It just doesn't make any sense to me for Michigan to go after a big name coach from the outside when that coach will be saddled with all the assitants for at least one year.

His defense is giving up lots of yards. Not many points, but giving up 200 plus rushing yards to Ole Miss is questionable to say the least. He has averaged doing that the last four or five games. I know Dorsey is out, but if your whole defense is built around one guy, you are not developing top talent like you should be.

Don't let me sugar coat it. I do not want Bo Peep anywhere near this program. He is not the answer in my mind. He will be far more problems than he could ever do good. He hurt this program when he left and did so for qutie awhile. I do not buy all the hog wash that is being said about him coming here. If TO has done any research on him he will know what happend on his departure and the year afterwards. You can not poison the water and come back later and tell everyone you did not mean it.

You are not hearing a great uproar about him leaving LSU and there were plenty of Oklahoman's that were not concerned about his leaving.

His defense is giving up lots of yards. Not many points, but giving up 200 plus rushing yards to Ole Miss is questionable to say the least. He has averaged doing that the last four or five games. I know Dorsey is out, but if your whole defense is built around one guy, you are not developing top talent like you should be.

Don't let me sugar coat it. I do not want Bo Peep anywhere near this program. He is not the answer in my mind. He will be far more problems than he could ever do good. He hurt this program when he left and did so for qutie awhile. I do not buy all the hog wash that is being said about him coming here. If TO has done any research on him he will know what happend on his departure and the year afterwards. You can not poison the water and come back later and tell everyone you did not mean it.

You are not hearing a great uproar about him leaving LSU and there were plenty of Oklahoman's that were not concerned about his leaving.

skersfan, if you don't like Pelini as our next HC just say so. (did you really say "hog wash" in your comments?)

:hmmph