The "Hire A new Coach" Scramble Begins

Carr has not been popular in Michigan, now he is going. Why would anyone let Carr screw things up by dictating that the best choice can't come because of some BS rift between them. Also, just because Mich. assistants have another year on their contract doesn't mean they will stay, it just means they pocket some money for being shown the door. Miles will bring a lot of his assistants with from LSU if he gets the job. Yes, including Bo. That is unless Bo gets an HC gig, but I doubt any of the jobs we are discussing here. Not NU or TAMU or LSU.

As far as the concern over our being late into the coaching derby, do not worry, we are not. If any coach takes a job before the regular season ends, it must have been their dream job in the first place. Everyone knows our job will be available soon. If they want it they will wait until after the weekend to talk to TO.

skers,

What did Pelini do here or after here that was so bad? I am not in the know enough to have that info.

Also how was he trying to get Frank fired? He was new here, sounds weird to me.

I honestly want to know.

Skers alluded to Pelini tried to get Solich fired while he was here. I think he has more information on the subject but isn't really at liberty or doesn't want to say anymore about it.

I was watching ESPN, and they weren't sure about Miles going to LSU. Apparently, Carr restructured his contract so that his assistants were guarnateed one more year with Michigan. They also stated that Miles and Carr's relationship wasn't very good due to some comments Miles made about Carr like 10 years or so ago. If Carr winds up as associate AD or some kind of position like that with Michigan, it doesn't sound like Miles will be going there.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

ESPN, actually a reporter for a Louisanna newspaper, also said it would cost over a million to buy out Miles contract and that Michigan doesn't exactually like to spend money.

If true, this makes a run at Bo P. easier if TO decides to go that way.

I still like bringing in Bo to be HC and reinvent the Blackshirts and bring in Gill as OC and QB coach. This would give Gill time to get the seasoning he needs in order to take over the program when and if Bo leaves.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

That would put Turner back in a similar position to where he was when Callahan came in. Some how I do not see Turner going backwards, even for Nebraska.

Take this for what it is worth.

When the Solich firing was going on, I had a very close friend in the program. He worked there every single day and was privy to the higher ups as so now known.

From the day Pelini got here he wanted to be the Nebraska head coach. Now bare in mind if he had arrived at Iowa he wouled have wanted to be their head coach, Baylor Tech and anyone else that would have him. He has an ego that is beyond most imaginations. I know him and I do not like him in the slightest. Very much like SP in my opinion. I think he thought that SP was giving him the job from day one.

He had a look at me, look at me childish attitude it seemed to me and my friend.

Upon finding out he was not getting the job he did everything in his power to disrupt the program. Continous calls to player on the defensive side, telling them that they should rebel against the staf, move on to the NFL. He went very heavily after Dillard, and I have heard if he returns, Dillard will transfer instantly. I really do not know if that is true. He did badmouth the program badly and convinced supposedly Washington and the Bullocks to convice Smith to go to Oklahoma. I can not swear that that is true, but it is what I was told. Everything I was told came to true, Smith changing at the last moment to Oklahoma, Dillard said he committed because of Pelini bad mouthing the program and Washing and Bullocks leaving early. Bullocks after his mother stated there was no way he would leave early. There was a lot of anger with in the team, but as the year went on and BC did everything he could to help Washington and Josh get drafted, they began to come around. I think they realized what was going on in the end.

He did a lot to hurt Nebraska. What will he do when he is here. I understand he was angry but what he did is not right and I will never forgive him for it.

All of these things were posted on another board prior to any of it being made public. I still believe what I was told, so there fore I can not support some one like that. And I can not suport anyone who would.

My point was that I wanted to know WHY skers believed or thought Pelini tried to get Frank fired.

Idon't believe everything I read unless it is witnessed or backed up in some way.

I hate to think Pelini really did those things but if he did, I don't want him here. I want someone with ethics.

Is that person out there? (Besides TO)

Thanks for explaining , skers. :)