Chris Petersen

I am real impressed with this guy. Have no clue if he will be considered. Or if he would even want to interview. I have been impressed ever since the Fiesta Bowl. Havent heard much talk about him on the board.

Some highlights:

Career Record: 22-1

Pts game: 42.8

Pts allowed: 18.7

Total offense: 482.0

Total defense: 299.6

Pass yards game: 276

Rush yards game: 205

Only coach to win 13 games in his first season as a Division I coach.

Beat OU (against a healthy Adrian Peterson) in Fiesta Bowl. Finished season undefeated.

Won the Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year award (2006).

Offensive Coordinator at Boise State (2001-2005).

Has a Psych degree, and a masters degree in Educational Psychology.

Boise State plays undefeated Hawaii against that insane passing attack in Honolulu, Friday night at 9pm. It will be interesting to see if he can figure out how to slow it down.

Chris Petersen Bio

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Herbstreet on ESPN Radio says Peterson is an offensive stud

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Rarely would I agree with Herstriet, but all a guy has to do is check out his bio. His "O" is something.

Alot of folks want to bust his balls for losing to UW and the close win against Nevada. Well Nevada has improved greatly unlike us. It's tough to play at Husky Stadium, and UW was playing real well early this season. Almost beat USC and Oregon.

I can understand the reasons to pass on this guy, but if we do we will be sorry in the future. He will leave Boise St and be successful elsewhere.

First order of business. Red field turf. Awesome!

osborne field should be scarlett and cream. from the stands, it would look like a huge candy cane.

that would pose a problem when kansas plays us next season, tho: mangino would probably try and eat the turf.

I am real impressed with this guy. Have no clue if he will be considered. Or if he would even want to interview. I have been impressed ever since the Fiesta Bowl. Havent heard much talk about him on the board.

Some highlights:

Career Record: 22-1

Pts game: 42.8

Pts allowed: 18.7

Total offense: 482.0

Total defense: 299.6

Pass yards game: 276

Rush yards game: 205

Only coach to win 13 games in his first season as a Division I coach.

Beat OU (against a healthy Adrian Peterson) in Fiesta Bowl. Finished season undefeated.

Won the Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year award (2006).

Offensive Coordinator at Boise State (2001-2005).

Has a Psych degree, and a masters degree in Educational Psychology.

Boise State plays undefeated Hawaii against that insane passing attack in Honolulu, Friday night at 9pm. It will be interesting to see if he can figure out how to slow it down.

Chris Petersen Bio

It is hard to imagine Peterson wanting to come to Nebraska from Boise State. If he were interested, Well that would be awesome. But does NU any longer have what it takes to draw such a promising coach? Boise State has won as much or more than any program over the last 5-6 years, why would he leave that for NU where the pressure to win and win now is beyond overwhelming?

He's on easy street now. I cannot see him coming unless unreal $$$$ were the difference.

I think we have a real problem getting any top level coach.

Not willing to pay the money.

The last month or two have been bad for Nebraska football. But it has been bad for our image as a fan base to.

I am afraid we will be relegated to lower our expectations. I honestly do not think any of the successful coaches mentioned in any of these threads has a desire to come to Nebraska. With out the huge carrot to sway them, we will end up with Turner or Pelini. I don't think there is much chance of anyone else other than a complete unknown.

I do not know if it is bad or good. But we are not the shining spot in the desert. We are a place in the middle of no where, that demands and expects far more than most are willing to give.

I know I have lowered my expectations for the new coach. I had hoped we would try to get a proven winner at a major program. I just do not think that is in the cards.

Insiders tell me it is Pelini and a done deal no question. I certainly hope he can do it if it is him.

I think we have a real problem getting any top level coach.

Not willing to pay the money.

The last month or two have been bad for Nebraska football. But it has been bad for our image as a fan base to.

I am afraid we will be relegated to lower our expectations. I honestly do not think any of the successful coaches mentioned in any of these threads has a desire to come to Nebraska. With out the huge carrot to sway them, we will end up with Turner or Pelini. I don't think there is much chance of anyone else other than a complete unknown.

I do not know if it is bad or good. But we are not the shining spot in the desert. We are a place in the middle of no where, that demands and expects far more than most are willing to give.

I know I have lowered my expectations for the new coach. I had hoped we would try to get a proven winner at a major program. I just do not think that is in the cards.

Insiders tell me it is Pelini and a done deal no question. I certainly hope he can do it if it is him.

Same here - whoever it is I will do my best to support them and hope for the best.

However - I could have gone the entire weekend without having to hear that, unfortunately.

This is the guy I like the best. He is currently bringing in $850,000. Could a $700,000 raise persuade him to leave the land of the potato? I think this is a guy we could be proud to have as coach. His mannerisms reflects our better than BP. Granted, BP gives us that intial jolt, but what happens in a couple of years if we have a down year and BP starts talking that smack we have seen in the past? I think by then it would wear a little thin. If he was god's gift to football, he would have been hired last year. BP might be damaged goods. If he is hired next week, I will support him (BP). But, I am hoping we can still do better. We dont have to settle. "Hayden, I'm not ashamed to admit I come from a long line of settlers" - Luther Van Dam "Coach" one of the best shows on at 5 AM

Just checkin' in to your forum to get a sense of what the Huskers think of Chris Petersen...we'd hate to see the guy go - he's young, he's knows the game, he manages his players well, gives his staff credit and he's humble...he insists he isn't interested in leaving, but the promise of red turf just might get him there!

Thanks for contributing! And for your input. Stick around if you like. I agree with you. Red turf would be bad azz! But seriously, any hints of him coming this way? If he stays, you have a great coach. He is doing some great things there. Would hate to see Huskers miss the boat on this one. If he doesnt come to Lincoln, hope he stays at Boise State and doesnt head to the west coast and Pac 10 country (lame).

This is the guy I like the best. He is currently bringing in $850,000. Could a $700,000 raise persuade him to leave the land of the potato? I think this is a guy we could be proud to have as coach. His mannerisms reflects our better than BP. Granted, BP gives us that intial jolt, but what happens in a couple of years if we have a down year and BP starts talking that smack we have seen in the past? I think by then it would wear a little thin. If he was god's gift to football, he would have been hired last year. BP might be damaged goods. If he is hired next week, I will support him (BP). But, I am hoping we can still do better. We dont have to settle. "Hayden, I'm not ashamed to admit I come from a long line of settlers" - Luther Van Dam "Coach" one of the best shows on at 5 AM

Amen brotha. Chris Petersen has proven he can prepare his team to go out and play with confidence against the big boys (OU) in the spotlight. His current and past offense, and QBs (as an OC) have always been incredible and succesfull. These guys enjoy playing for him.