espn.com article

You posted this because this guy mentions the fact that BP is being talked about as a coaching candidate for Nebraska?

You realize this means nothing, right?

Dude, lighten the f up.

Yeah, this a freaking message board. Pretty much everything we talk about on here means nothing...I take that back. It means we're losers, and probably need to find better ways to utilize our time...oh well.

Wouldn't that just take the cake if neither Miles or Pelini coached in the NC game? I'm guessing it would be the first ever NC game that a HC and DC didn't coach in. See, this is the biggest thing I see wrong with college football or college athletcis. Both of them regardless of whether they will be at LSU or not next year should be coaching their collective a$$es off to bring home the trophy to where they are employed RIGHT NOW. I will lose a lot of respect for both of them if this happens. I will lose respect for either of them if either of them doesn't coach in the game.

You're right. I'd feel bad for LSU if that happened. But it's a dog eat dog world in college football. If you don't take the job when it's offered, you lose.

Maybe he could accept the job here and still coach LSU? and then go recruit for us(even though I read he hates recruiting)

Does LSU have an OC? Maybe he'd have to do it. Bad situation but we're probably barking up the wrong tree. Who knows who Tom will hire!

That would be Pat Forde and the FORDE-YARD DASH:

Could it come to this: Miles communicates to Michigan through channels that he'll come, but not until after Jan. 7. LSU athletic director Skip Bertman (6) pulls a Bo Schembechler (7) when Bill Frieder wanted to leave for Arizona State after the 1989 NCAA Tournament and declares "I want an LSU man coaching LSU," releases Miles and promotes, say, defensive coordinator Bo Pelini (8) to coach the Tigers for the national title game? Unless, of course, Pelini is already the coach at Nebraska by then?

LSU dealt once with having a lame-duck head coach in a bowl game.....

The full context of the commentary is quite interesting, IMO.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel a bit dissed by this article. One slight mention of Nebraska and then only as the landing place for another teams coach. No mention in the rivalries section, even though Neb vr CU is not a classic rivalry, well neither is Tex vr A&M nor is KU vr MU.

Thanks again ESPN.

...T_O_B

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel a bit dissed by this article. One slight mention of Nebraska and then only as the landing place for another teams coach. No mention in the rivalries section, even though Neb vr CU is not a classic rivalry, well neither is Tex vr A&M nor is KU vr MU.

Thanks again ESPN.

...T_O_B

I, too, noticed that Forde didn't predict a score for NU-CU. Oh well, when both teams are 5-6, he simply doesn't care.....