Bill Callahan

np_husker

In all honesty, the guy is a football coach and that's really all we should care about. I could care less about the guys personal life because it's none of my business anyway. If some people think he's a good guy and deserves compassion than good for them, but all we should really care about is that he's a bad football coach who's record speaks for itself. I don't hate BC the person. How could I, I don't even know him, but I don't like BC the football coach and good guy or not he's got to go!

In all honesty, the guy is a football coach and that's really all we should care about. I could care less about the guys personal life because it's none of my business anyway. If some people think he's a good guy and deserves compassion than good for them, but all we should really care about is that he's a bad football coach who's record speaks for itself. I don't hate BC the person. How could I, I don't even know him, but I don't like BC the football coach and good guy or not he's got to go!

:yeah

Here's just one example of the contradictions from the article and how it's a puff piece. Really, give me a frickin break, he's not Mr. Nice Guy

I like how that article only quotes the over-paid prima-donna players who think their sh#t doesn't stink. I work with Adam Treu's brother and what Adam told his brother, Callahan isn't the one who lost the team. The players did. They didn't like the idea of having a coach who held them accountable when they screwed up.

As for the OWH article, that was a nice piece on Callahan. I don't blame the guy for wanting his privacy. The guy is in the limelight enough as it is.

Here's just one example of the contradictions from the article and how it's a puff piece. Really, give me a frickin break, he's not Mr. Nice Guy

I like how that article only quotes the over-paid prima-donna players who think their sh#t doesn't stink. I work with Adam Treu's brother and what Adam told his brother, Callahan isn't the one who lost the team. The players did. They didn't like the idea of having a coach who held them accountable when they screwed up.

As for the OWH article, that was a nice piece on Callahan. I don't blame the guy for wanting his privacy. The guy is in the limelight enough as it is.

I believe that. These are the same coaches that won the B12 north last year. The difference in 2007?

THE PLAYERS!! The chemistry just wasn't there. That can happen with any group, even where you work. Anyone that works with others at work know what I mean. We've all experienced it. Somebody quits and the replacement doesn't fit, chemistry changes and things go awry. Sometimes the opposite happens as well.

I also believe that team chenistry is partly the reason the team is clicking with Ganz, he not only brings different skills to the table, he's a player from DEEP inside the program, he's been in Cally's system for years.

Sam may have seemed like an outsider to some of the players. We have read right here in this forum how some perceived the older guys "going through the motions" in some games. Many here wanted the younger players in because of that. CHEMISTRY. Callahan finally saw that, inserted freshmen, burned redshirts and caught hell for that as well. Damned if you do , damned if you don't.

I wish cally good fortune in his next NFL job, he'll have a few million to hold him over. He'll be fine.

But more importantly, I wish the next NU COACH good luck. He'll need it!!

BTW- I thought the article was good and it took me a minute or two to read.

Not ALL Iowans are slow. :woo

BEAT CU!!

The facts are this: If the Huskers were 13-0 or even 10-3 under Callahan this year we would be singing his praises instead of crabbing about him. So the reality is that he simply wasn't a good fit for Nebraska. He had no malicious 'agenda' to come to NU and destroy the program. He simply didn't fit.

Nuff said,

GBR!!

I think most of us are easily able to separate Bill Callahan The Head Coach from Bill Callahan the Private Person.

I have nothing but good wishes for Private Bill Callahan. Whether he goes or stays, I hope he is happy, I hope his family is happy, and I wish them nothing but the best.

As for Bill Callahan The Head Coach, he's not a fit for Nebraska and I wish him well in his future endeavors. I do not think he should stay here, and that's not a bad thing. Not everyone is cut out for every job. This job and Bill Callahan do not mix. There's nothing wrong with that.

Now, as for that article about the Oakland Raiders - I couldn't possibly care less about the opinions of Charles Woodson and Jerry Rice. Just because they are great football players does NOT mean they are correct in their assessment of Callahan, and their ability on the field does not absolve them from wrongdoing in the locker room.

Callahan is just not a Nebraskan...and could never fit in here. He needs to go on with his life...on one of the coasts where he belongs. His attitude towards the common Nebraskan sucks. He has his nose so far in the air that if we get a good rain storm the poor man will drown.

Off with you, BC...we are done with you.

Good article in the World Herald . I've always thought he seemed like a nice guy. But that's not the point. I'm sure alot of nice people get fired.

In the long run, it does come down to wins and losses. Especially 5 in a row. He knows that.

I could care that Charles Woodson didn't like him. Woodson's ego is bigger than the state of Nebraska!

When Callahan first came here, I passed him in a row in a Lincoln theatre. He smiled and said "HI" to me before I even realized who he was. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!

I lived very close to T.O. for years and saw him out running alot. He never spoke or acknowledged me.

Anyway, I wish Bill well.

Also as for his expensive home, I'm sure he had alot he had to reinvest after selling his home in CA. to avoid paying capital gains.

That's all from em. : )

Good article in the World Herald . I've always thought he seemed like a nice guy. But that's not the point. I'm sure alot of nice people get fired.

In the long run, it does come down to wins and losses. Especially 5 in a row. He knows that.

I could care that Charles Woodson didn't like him. Woodson's ego is bigger than the state of Nebraska!

When Callahan first came here, I passed him in a row in a Lincoln theatre. He smiled and said "HI" to me before I even realized who he was. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!

I lived very close to T.O. for years and saw him out running alot. He never spoke or acknowledged me.

Anyway, I wish Bill well.

Also as for his expensive home, I'm sure he had alot he had to reinvest after selling his home in CA. to avoid paying capital gains.

That's all from em. : )

The point has nothing to do with Woodson individually, it shows how he loses every team he's coached. Of course, losing a team is the players fault, but it's also the coach's responsibility to keep their respect. That makes a good coach.

There are many comments in multiple threads saying how BC has "lost this team" and how he "has lost every team every year" "has no respect from them at all" "the players hate him" stuff like that. Not sure how people are drawing those conclusions.

I hope people have read the multiple articles with interviews with Keller, Ganz, Purify, Lucky, Zac Taylor, and other players. They have nothing but respect for that guy. Are we basing our opinions just because they have a losing record?

There are many comments in multiple threads saying how BC has "lost this team" and how he "has lost every team every year" "has no respect from them at all" "the players hate him" stuff like that. Not sure how people are drawing those conclusions.

I hope people have read the multiple articles with interviews with Keller, Ganz, Purify, Lucky, Zac Taylor, and other players. They have nothing but respect for that guy. Are we basing our opinions just because they have a losing record?

I think it probably has more to do with the manner in which it has happened. If you look at the similarities, at least temporally, between the Oakland Raiders and the Nebraska Cornhuskers there are quite a few. Also, I don't think it has anything to do with how they view him as a person and the respect they have for him. It probably has more to do with the lack of ability to motivate them to win more games.