Do Husker Fans Really Want a Win Tomorrow?

joehusker

Win Conundrum  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If a loss tomorrow will nail the coffin into BC's coffin, would you be willing to forego a bowl appearance this year and accept a loss tomorrow? Before you say "of course not, I am a true Husker fan and could never hope for a loss", with BC being gone leads to more wins in the future. Therefore, hoping for a win tomorrow will translate into hoping for losses next season.

If a loss tomorrow will nail the coffin into BC's coffin, would you be willing to forego a bowl appearance this year and accept a loss tomorrow? Before you say "of course not, I am a true Husker fan and could never hope for a loss", with BC being gone leads to more wins in the future. Therefore, hoping for a win tomorrow will translate into hoping for losses next season.

And exactly where does this idea of thinking a win tomorrow means hoping for more loses in the future? GET REAL... Jeez! There's only one reason to take the field. To Win. If you don't want to win, don't play at all.

Beeding Husker Red- Every Play, Every Game, Every Year. FOREVER!

And exactly where does this idea of thinking a win tomorrow means hoping for more loses in the future? GET REAL... Jeez! There's only one reason to take the field. To Win. If you don't want to win, don't play at all.

I don't think you get it. First of all, this is all theoretical, take a deep breath dude. In theory, if a win tomorrow means more Callahan next year and a loss means he's fired, then which would you take?

I don't think you get it. First of all, this is all theoretical, take a deep breath dude. In theory, if a win tomorrow means more Callahan next year and a loss means he's fired, then which would you take?

First off it didn't come across as theoretical. I didn't see any "in theory' in there. I don't think Callahan winning tomorrow guarantees him a job next year, I don't think a loss guarantees he's fired. If I misunderstood you , then I misunderstood, but the whole 'win tomorrow means more losses in the future' thing struck me as a tad assanine. No offense meant, but I just don't see why anybody would chose to lose, regardless of other conditions.

There are no guarantees in football.

You play to win every single game. No theories. Put it on the field. I am sure that is exactly what every single player and every single coach is thinking and have since the first of the year.

You play to win, you do not consider the alternative.

If we win and BC keeps his job so what. He will be better next year I am sure. BC being here has no bearing on a winning effort.

I am sure if he was told you lose this game tomorrow you will keep your job, win you might keep your job, not a likely scenario, but he would do everything in his power to win. Coaches coach to win. No less effort, maybe not the best effort, but these guys have laid it on the line for this program. Let them go out in peace, get off their backs at least for today.

What a stupid thought.

First off it didn't come across as theoretical. I didn't see any "in theory' in there. I don't think Callahan winning tomorrow guarantees him a job next year, I don't think a loss guarantees he's fired. If I misunderstood you , then I misunderstood, but the whole 'win tomorrow means more losses in the future' thing struck me as a tad assanine. No offense meant, but I just don't see why anybody would chose to lose, regardless of other conditions.

The "if" part at the start of the post. I always want a win, it just seemed to good of a situation to not bring it up on the boards.

The "if" part at the start of the post. I always want a win, it just seemed to good of a situation to not bring it up on the boards.

Yeah but then you said :

" Before you say "of course not, I am a true Husker fan and could never hope for a loss", with BC being gone leads to more wins in the future. Therefore, hoping for a win tomorrow will translate into hoping for losses next season. "

That's what did it for me. But it's cool We both prefer a win, so it's all good.