Support for Callahan!

Flatout24

All you Callahan supporters PLEASE rise & take your lashing!!!!

The K-State blow out does't feel so good anymore does it?

I'm not a BC supporter, but the offense did a decent job today. I mean, how many points should you HAVE to score to win a game before it comes down to a ridiculous defense? BC is responsible for both and probably ought to be canned, but I'm just bracing myself for a defense shake-up *only.*

I'll stand up and support him. Once again, the offense worked. Once again, the defense didn't. Cosgrove must go. Callahan can stay.

By mixing a little spread option in with the west coast offense, Callahan and Watson showed that they are innovators on offense, and with a better defense, this season could have been 100% different.

This is the first season that Nebraska has had an all-out defensive collapse. There was not clear evidence in the previous seasons that Cosgrove needed to go. Towards the end of last season, the defense played very well.

Imagine this same good offense, with a "Pelini-style" defense. That's all we need-- a better defense.

If Callahan would have dismissed Cosgrove during the season-- who knows.. maybe things could have been different. But the thing to remember is that their was not clear evidence, until this season, to suggest a change for the defense.

Callahan needs at least one more season, with a new defensive staff.

I'll stand up and support him. Once again, the offense worked. Once again, the defense didn't. Cosgrove must go. Callahan can stay.

By mixing a little spread option in with the west coast offense, Callahan and Watson showed that they are innovators on offense, and with a better defense, this season could have been 100% different.

This is the first season that Nebraska has had an all-out defensive collapse. There was not clear evidence in the previous seasons that Cosgrove needed to go. Towards the end of last season, the defense played very well.

Imagine this same good offense, with a "Pelini-style" defense. That's all we need-- a better defense.

If Callahan would have dismissed Cosgrove during the season-- who knows.. maybe things could have been different. But the thing to remember is that their was not clear evidence, until this season, to suggest a change for the defense.

Cosgrove is there because of Callahan, who is accountable for the whole program. We don't need at least one more season of mismanagement, embarrassment and collapse.

In addition, the offense didn't show up at all against Missouri, Okie State or A&M, when this season fell apart.

Callahan has insulted Nebraskans, degraded the walk-on program, trashed our traditions -- and failed to even clear the ridiculously low bar to qualify for a bowl in half of his seasons.

If he is given another year, I'll cheer for the Huskers, I'll make my annual pilgrimage home to see a game in person, I'll try to boost my optimism. But I will be demoralized if he's not gone.

Realistically, he's not likely to get it. Pointless discussion at this point.

Some people just never learn. It's this simple. If you think Callahan is going to restore our program, you're an idiot. I know that sounds personal, but it's not meant to be. It's just a simple fact: you are unable to think through the obvious signs of a poor coach and come to the proper viewpoint, which is that he needs to be fired...yesterday.

Callahan refuses to fire an inept staff. He cannot win big games. He is an atrocious playcaller most of the time. He cannot manage the pacing of the game. He cannot make adjustments. He cannot motivate a football team. He cannot recognize and implement talent in places where it is desperately needed WHEN it is desperately needed. He cannot coach. Period.

If he stays, I think Nebraska football is dead, if it isn't already.

X

Cosgrove is there because of Callahan, who is accountable for the whole program. We don't need at least one more season of mismanagement, embarrassment and collapse.

In addition, the offense didn't show up at all against Missouri, Okie State or A&M, when this season fell apart.

Callahan has insulted Nebraskans, degraded the walk-on program, trashed our traditions -- and failed to even clear the ridiculously low bar to qualify for a bowl in half of his seasons.

If he is given another year, I'll cheer for the Huskers, I'll make my annual pilgrimage home to see a game in person, I'll try to boost my optimism. But I will be demoralized if he's not gone.

AMEN, I couldn't have said that any better myself.

Here is my issue. MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AT HALFTIME!!! Don't go into the second half thinking that everything that worked in the first half is going to go the same for the second half and that the other team isn't going to adjust their scheme. Don't get me wrong. One (maybe 2) of the picks in the second half were on the receivers, but you now have a quarterback that has the ability to roll out and bring the ball down and take off so exploit that instead of coming out and trying to put up huge numbers through the air. YOU have a lead, so run the ball a little bit instead of just airing it out trying to justify your existence.

I was a BC guy when they hired him because I didn't think that Frank had the Head Coach tag for a program like Nebraska, but I think that he hasn't forced his coordinators to adjust to the issues that have occurred this year. The OC that we have now has a lot of potential, but (I hate to say this) Cosgrove has fallen behind. There has to be some kind of change...don't know if canning Bill is the right move, but something has to happen.

I would hate to be Dr. Tom right now. Knowing how much he cares about people will make this a very hard decision for him, but as usual I am sure that he will make the right one. The best thing about it is that we don't have a AD that is worried about HIS agenda in making this decision unlike what we went through 4 years ago.

Hopefully tomorrow will represent a new day in the FUTURE of the HUSKER NATION and that the TRUE HUSKER fans will represent the program and support the team in the upcoming season...

Were not going to a bowl game (2 out of 4 years), you do know that don't you? HE IS THE HEAD COACH...IT HAPPENED ON HIS WATCH! If your so in love with the offense than put up an argument to keep Watson otherwise everything else you mentioned is baseless nonsense.

I am sorry everything starts with the head coach. He sets teh tone adn the expectations. I question a lot of Callahan's decisions and management style throughout the year. From allowing Cosgrove to continue to fail and not make adjustments. I question his playcalling. Especially today when the offense is clicking and you call high risk plays when you are up by 11. I do not think he manages to his players strengths. Why not call a few more options with Ganz? The list goes on

The only reason Cally may lose his job is he cannot be professional enough to see beyond his friendship with Coz and cut him lose...that is what will cost him his job. His play calling was suspect/bad at times this year but overall, the offense was productive. The D put the offense in a hurry up/bad position.

Again, Cally will go because he does not know the difference between friendship/loyalty/cut your losses. I admire loyalty but even loyalty has its limits when your talking about a sport.

At half time NU had the momentum and the game was our to lose. CU's offense was struggling. The only way they could get back in the game is if we gave them easy score. AND BOY DID WE!

After the 1st interception in the 3rd quarter, I was hoping that BC would try the running game with Ganz and Lucky. It wasn't like CU had completely shut down our running attack in the first half. The NU offense (and punt team) just gave CU 3 quick scores. I can't understand BC's high risk play calling. I can't understand how this team can collapse so fast and so completely.

Its painfully obvious that we need a new HC.

Not defending BC or trying to say he shouldn't be gone, but people refer to his "high -risk" play calling....

Not so..... both of Ganz' passes were under 10 yards and he made horrible throws.... they were not high-risk at all......that is "ball control" that was working the last 2 1/2 games...... The QB makes a bad play, and the coach shoulder's the blame......

I would have like to see a little more of our version of the "read-option".....but his play calling was not "high-risk".....

we don't need a HC, who needs an interim AD, to tell him to fire his DC. his allegiance to Coz should cost him his job.